Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2021, 18:48   #16
BHPian

Re: Apollo Tyres to manufacture high-performance Vredestein tyres in India

Attaching brochure for the vredestein 2 wheeler tyres and performance chart that was shared to me while buying the tyres.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Vred 2WT brochure India-01.pdf (742.3 KB, 330 views)
File Type: pdf Vredestein Centauro Performance_Rating.pdf (551.6 KB, 353 views)
praruaaa4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 21:39   #17
BHPian

Received my shipment today. Will have to wait for a week or two before fitting these as its heavily pouring down here as well as some personal commitments.
Attached Thumbnails
Apollo Tyres to manufacture high-performance Vredestein tyres in India-1.jpg  

Apollo Tyres to manufacture high-performance Vredestein tyres in India-2.jpg  

Apollo Tyres to manufacture high-performance Vredestein tyres in India-3.jpg  

Apollo Tyres to manufacture high-performance Vredestein tyres in India-4.jpg  

Apollo Tyres to manufacture high-performance Vredestein tyres in India-5.jpg  

Xaos636 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 10:53   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like the Vredestein India site is slowly getting populated with available sizes:

https://www.vredestein.co.in/car-suv-van/tyre-finder/
Old 23rd December 2021, 07:51   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...e-price-423033

Tested by Autocar.
Old 23rd December 2021, 08:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the Vredestein Ultrac I is the next new tire to surprise me after the Continental UC6. While Continental managed to bring in a tire equivalent to the Michelin Primacy 4ST below the 195mm size, Vredestein has managed to bring in 'V' rated tires below the 195mm size.

This is great news for all those who want to stick to the stock size which enables the suspension components to last longer while enjoying the advantages of a high quality compound.

Hope the sidewalks are strong enough.
Turbohead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 21:52   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praruaaa4 View Post
Got Vredestein tyres for my Versys 650. I will try and share feedback after riding a few hundred kilometres.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Received my shipment today. Will have to wait for a week or two before fitting these as its heavily pouring down here as well as some personal commitments.
Hi,

Any feedback on the tires? The media reviews of these tires seem to be on the positive side but they are limited in terms of testing duration and track only usage. They also feel biased (paid reviews probably). A practical road usage from an actual user of these tires would help. The price is actually on the sensible side due to Made in India tag. Any comparison with other tires such as the Michelin Road 5s or the Diablo Rosso 3s would be of great help. Planning to procure this for a GSX-S750. Thanks.

Last edited by nikhn : 10th January 2022 at 21:55. Reason: Additional quote
nikhn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 22:50   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhn View Post
Hi,

Any feedback on the tires? The media reviews of these tires seem to be on the positive side but they are limited in terms of testing duration and track only usage. They also feel biased (paid reviews probably). A practical road usage from an actual user of these tires would help. The price is actually on the sensible side due to Made in India tag. Any comparison with other tires such as the Michelin Road 5s or the Diablo Rosso 3s would be of great help. Planning to procure this for a GSX-S750. Thanks.
The tires are good, nothing great. I would ideally compare the ST with a Road 4. Much similar characteristics. Media reviews are overshot for sure. Everything sounded paid. For the price, its a decent buy for sport tourers and should be decent for nakeds too. But for supersports, I wouldnt suggest these yet. Not even the NS series. The reviews lacked clarity and I wouldn’t put these on bikes like the R1 or the V4.
Xaos636 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 14:28   #23
BHPian

Has anyone used Vredestein tyres for cars ? How good are these tyres? How much do they cost when compared to Michelins and yokos.
Old 13th September 2022, 15:34   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Has anyone used Vredestein tyres for cars ? How good are these tyres? How much do they cost when compared to Michelins and yokos.
Hey! Attaching a couple of experiences by BHPians. For a price reference, you can check tyremarket.com. Generally they are priced a lot less than Michelins and at par/slightly lower than Yokos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post

To begin with, the choice was between Michelin PS4 and Continental Sports contact 5. Later Vredestein Ultrac Vorti got in to the contest and won the race, as PS4 was not available. A discussion with Bhpian Santosh Bhat cleared all my doubts regarding the same.

Ultimately, Vredestein Ultrac Vorti – 235/50 ZR18 101W made the cut. All 4 tyres put together costed Rs.76, 000 including GST. A rating of 101 ensures that the tyres can handle heaver load than the stock RFTs. Also, ZR rating adds protection to the RIM.

Attachment 2353748
Courtesy: https://www.tyrereviews.com/Tyre/Vre...trac-Vorti.htm

Attachment 2353752

I have driven the car for roughly about 3500 Kms after tyres are changed. Difference is phenomenal to say the least.

• Lovely looking tyres designed by Giugiaro of Italy.
• It took almost 500 Kms for the tyres to properly bed-in.
• Steering feel and feedback is FAR better. Controls at high speeds have transformed and I feel more confident.
• Ride quality has improved by leaps and bound.
• Tyres are much gripper and Brake feel has improved.
• Tyres are absolutely silent when compared to RFTs. Need to check after 15k Kms.
• Optimal cold tyre pressure; City 32- Highway 34.

All in all, enjoying the ride!

8. Full size spare wheel and boot modification - 30/01/2022

With the tyres changed to Tubeless, I needed a proper spare tyre. The donut provided was already 5mm smaller in radius compared to the stock tyres. With the new tyres, the difference would be 15mm which is more than half an inch. Also, with limited range it was not a practical solution given my usage.

Attachment 2353751

Therefore, I purchased an 18 inch Y spoke - Type 569 Alloy from BMW @ 45k, to be used as a spare wheel. As I wanted to restrict the space occupied by the spare tyre inside the boot, went ahead with stock rating of Vredestein Ultrac Vorti. That is 225/50 ZR18 99Y XL @ Rs.16,000 including GST.

Attachment 2353746

Attachment 2353749

Attachment 2353750

I had to lift the boot floor by about an inch. Used wooden pieces all round to achieve the same as shown in the photographs below. Later on, I topped it up with a rubber lining to avoid rattle from within the boot.

Attachment 2353753

Attachment 2353754

Attachment 2353755

Attachment 2353756

A big Thanks to Ganesh, Dr.AD and Santosh Bhat !

To be continued...!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramprakashr View Post
Changed my Nexens to Vredestein Ultrac Vorti 225/55/R18 yesterday. Many thanks to BHPian RubberGuru1113 for reinstating the confidence on the Vredesteins.

Apparently the dealer's Apollo facility had a long wait time and he redirected me to their Bridgestone outlet to do the fitting, alignment and balancing. I had to pick the tyres in the passenger seat and drive to the Bridgestone outlet 3kms away.

I will let the photos do the talking.

Just before the drive to the tyre shop, with the old nexens :
Attachment 2344686

A look at one of the nexens after 27,500kms on the odo :
Attachment 2344681

The Vredesteins :
Attachment 2344682

Attachment 2344683

At the dealer's Bridgestone outlet
Attachment 2344687

The nexens were so very bad - inspite of the alignment, balancing and rotation every 7500kms. Two of the four tyres had 3 punctures each.

Drove a good 100kms with the Vredesteins. I understand the comparison might be odd given I'm comparing an old tyre to a brand new one, but the ride quality has improved multifold. The road noise has completely gone and there is good traction. Hope the vredesteins serve me well!
RubberGuru1113 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 22:55   #25
BHPian

Today I replaced the Goodyear Assurance TripleMax (195/55 - R16) tyres with Vredestein Utlrac (195/55 - R16) tyres in my Elite i20 Asta (O).

Total tyre cost was Rs.30400 (4*7600) including wheel alignment and balancing. Earlier I bought JK Tyre Treel TPMS, and it was also installed at free of cost.

The difference between GoodYear Assurance and Vredestein is huge. Vredestein is so soft & smooth and there was no noise (I can hear only diesel clatter from the engine), I really enjoyed the ride back home.

Need to wait for atleast 2K to 8K KMS to give a proper review. I hope the experience will be good (Based on initial impressions)

Thanks,
TK
TorqueKnight is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 19:07   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueKnight View Post
Today I replaced the Goodyear Assurance TripleMax (195/55 - R16) tyres with Vredestein Utlrac (195/55 - R16) tyres in my Elite i20 Asta (O).
Hi TK,

I'm planning to change my Apollo alnac 4G (factory installed) on my i20 active very soon. They have worn out at just 31k kms. I have shortlisted Vredestien ultrac as one of my top choices. My primary criteria is superb grip levels as I live in rainy topography and low highway noise (its irritating for me).
Long life or low cost are not my factors as the running is low (31k kms in 5.5 years).

Around 2 months have passed since you installed them on your i20, how are they treating you? Any issues till date? What changes have you observed when compared from your stock tyres? Can you please help me out here?

I'm torn between Vredestien ultrac, continental UC6 and Yoko bluEarth.

Cheers
-NA

Last edited by na_agrawal : 30th January 2023 at 19:10. Reason: Grammar
na_agrawal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 13:28   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueKnight View Post

Need to wait for atleast 2K to 8K KMS to give a proper review. I hope the experience will be good (Based on initial impressions)

Thanks,
TK
Quote:
Originally Posted by na_agrawal View Post
Hi TK,

I'm planning to change my Apollo alnac 4G (factory installed) on my i20 active very soon. They have worn out at just 31k kms. I have shortlisted Vredestien ultrac as one of my top choices. My primary criteria is superb grip levels as I live in rainy topography and low highway noise (its irritating for me).
Long life or low cost are not my factors as the running is low (31k kms in 5.5 years).

Around 2 months have passed since you installed them on your i20, how are they treating you? Any issues till date? What changes have you observed when compared from your stock tyres? Can you please help me out here?

Cheers
-NA
I am also torn between Vredestien ultrac, continental UC6 and Yoko bluEarth + Bridgestone Turanza ER300 for my Rapid TSI.

Let me know if you have decided something ? Waiting for the review of Vredstein Ultrac from TorqueKnight.

Last edited by ankitsharma : 2nd February 2023 at 13:29. Reason: Adding mention
ankitsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 15:14   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by na_agrawal View Post
Hi TK,

Cheers
-NA
Hi Agarwal,

I have completed around 2.5KMS with the Vredestein Ultrac tyres and my initial impressions are so far so good. I’m really impressed with the balance it offers.

Coming from factory fitted Goodyear tyres, I can easily notice the difference in Grip and Tyre Noise. The tyre is silent and smooth to drive, I didn’t drive it in monsoon so I cannot comment on wet grip. But I believe the grip should be good.

Conti UC 6 and and Yoko BluEarth GT are really great contenders. But the dealers are saying that UC 6 & BluEarth GT are having very soft sidewalls.

I had a first hand experience of Vredestein’s sidewall strength, just 2 weeks back when returning to Chennai after our pongal holidays. The traffic was thick and I was behind an XUV and suddenly the XUV driver made an evasive manoeuvre and noticed a big pot hole in front of us.

With little reaction time and noticing vehicles closely following ours, there is no option but to reduce the speed and crash the front left tyre in to the big pothole. The ‘thud’ sound was so loud (people on roadside and the passengers on car both heard that loud noise) and we were rattled. Hence I switched on the hazard lights and slowly parked the car on the left side of the road.

I was expecting a torn tyre or at least a torn sidewall but surprised to see the tyre was rock solid. I suspect that the outcome would be different with other soft tyres. We returned home safely and I am more than satisfied with the purchase.

Vredestein Ultrac are made for India tyres, that’s why it survived that pothole. I chose Vredestein because of it’s long warranty period.

You can also choose Conti UC 6 & Yoko BluEarth GT also, both are great tyres. None of them would let you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post
I am also torn between Vredestien ultrac, continental UC6 and Yoko bluEarth + Bridgestone Turanza ER300 for my Rapid TSI.
Hello Ankit,

Since unavailability of Michelin in Indian Market, nowadays Continental tyres & Yokohama seems to be preferred choice of many customers. The review on MRF Perfinza are so good to hear.

I am a satisfied customer of Vredestein tyres. Vredestein has nice warranty policy. You can enquire with your local dealer.

If you ask me to rate the tyres based on premium I would rate Continental UC 6 > Yoko BluEarth GT > Vredestein Ultrac & MRF Perfinza.

The sidewall strength of Vredestein was good, hence I would still prefer it over Conti UC 6 & Yoko BluEarth GT. You can also try Earth 1, it is old and not so silent tyres but the sidewall strength is good.

Nowadays the tyre quality has improved across almost all manufacturers, hence you can easily choose anything

Thanks,
TK
TorqueKnight is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 15:23   #29
BHPian

I have been trying to get the Vredestein Ultrac 225/55 R18 for my Tucson, but unable to find them at Coimbatore. Please let me know if someone has any pointers to find them. Thanks!
Old 20th March 2023, 11:45   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
I have been trying to get the Vredestein Ultrac 225/55 R18 for my Tucson, but unable to find them at Coimbatore. Please let me know if someone has any pointers to find them. Thanks!
Hi,

Did you already find the tyres? Please let me know, I will check with my dealer and confirm.

Thanks,
TK

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks