Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 11th September 2020, 18:23   #1
Team-BHP Support

Default Apollo Vredestein launches tyres in North America

Apollo Vredestein launches tyres in North America

European tyre company Vredestein, which is now owned by Indian tyre major Apollo Tyres, has launched a new range of tyres in North America. The 111 year-old company claims that these tyres have been specifically designed for and developed in North America.

Apollo Vredestein launches tyres in North America-vredestein-hypertrac.jpg

The company has invested US$ 30 million in the research and development of these tyres. Among the products introduced is Vredestein’s first ever dedicated pick-up truck and SUV tyre.

Apollo Vredestein launches tyres in North America-vredestein-range_crop.jpg

The range of Vredestein’s passenger tyres either available today, or coming soon to tyre retailers across North America, is as follows:

Hypertrac: An all-season tyre designed for both wet and dry surfaces for drivers of premium sport sedans, coupes and SUVs.

Quatrac Pro: An all-weather tyre for cars and crossovers, including winter months.

Wintrac Pro: A winter tyre developed for performance and handling, even in the harsh, cold and snowy winters.

Ultrac Vorti: Vredestein’s flagship summer tyre, designed by Giugiaro and developed for sports cars and supercars.

Hitrac: An all-season commute tyre for North America’s mainstream sedans and crossovers, designed with quietness and comfort in mind.

Pinza: Vredestein’s first-ever dedicated pick-up truck and SUV tyre line, launching in early 2021. It has been designed to work in wet and winter weather as well.

Apollo Vredestein launches tyres in North America-north-america-pct-product-range.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Last edited by Aditya : 11th September 2020 at 18:25.
Aditya is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 11th September 2020, 18:35   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Apollo Vredestein launches tyres in North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
European tyre company Vredestein, which is now owned by Indian tyre major Apollo Tyres, has launched a new range of tyres in North America. The 111 year-old company claims that these tyres have been specifically designed for and developed in North America.
]
Anorak fact:

Vredestein is an original Dutch company, headquarter and production based in the Netherlands, Amsterdam and Enschede respectively.

I visited them and got a factory tour many years ago. Vredesteing has a long reputation of producing specific tyres for specific cars/segments. They are well known for producing tyres for classis cars for instance!

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th September 2020, 23:26   #3
BHPian

I came across this brand when I was searching for a 21 low profile winter tire. For the past one year, there was only Michelin who made winter tire of this size and it was pretty pricey as this size is pretty new in the market. I did not feel the price right so did not pull the plug.

Price on Tirerack.com

Name:  Screen Shot 20200911 at 11.30.17 AM.png
Views: 514
Size:  180.9 KB

While searching for the same size a month back, I came across Vredestein and researched about it. The price as you can see was a lot cheaper compared to the Michelins.

Price on Tirerack.com

Name:  Screen Shot 20200911 at 11.30.49 AM.png
Views: 503
Size:  172.3 KB

Call it coincidence or competition, now Michelin is available for similar price. Started showing up this month. I am not sure about the tread pattern of Michelin of this picture, but it is the same model as in the first picture.

Price on Discounttire.com

Name:  Screen Shot 20200911 at 11.42.24 AM.png
Views: 501
Size:  428.0 KB
Pontiac is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 11:50   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Always happy to read about Indian companies entering new markets abroad . Recently, there was a thread on Royal Enfield's first overseas factory in Argentina. Vredestein was bought specifically for this purpose = to enter markets which the "Apollo brand" couldn't, and to target segments with a higher price / profit margin.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 15:15   #5
MAS
Senior - BHPian

I have been searching for replacing the 225/55 R17 Michelin tyres on my Creta. Thanks to the ban on Imports, Michelin tyres are unavailable in this size.

My tyre dealer and friend, XL Tyre Point, recommended Vredestein tyres instead of India-made Continental. I was told that Apollo is now making these tyres in India.

I looked for reviews online and these tyres seem to be highly rated.

https://whattyre.com/news/no-real-we...son-tyre-test/

If anyone has used Vredestein Tyres, I would request you to update this thread with your first-hand feedback.
Old 5th December 2020, 20:32   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
I have been searching for replacing the 225/55 R17 Michelin tyres on my Creta. Thanks to the ban on Imports, Michelin tyres are unavailable in this size.

My tyre dealer and friend, XL Tyre Point, recommended Vredestein tyres instead of India-made Continental. I was told that Apollo is now making these tyres in India.

If anyone has used Vredestein Tyres, I would request you to update this thread with your first-hand feedback.
I have used Vredesteins on my X-trail (sold 2 years back). They were very rare then and sold via only select dealers. Back then, the tyres were manufactured in the Netherlands.

In short, they aren't worth it over their equivalent Michelin counterparts unless you get a good price. The Michelin's fared better in noise reduction, and in all other aspects (like dry and wet grip, comfort, braking etc.) there wasn't any perceptible difference. Keep in mind these are my impressions of brand new Vredestein tyres over 5-year-old Michelins. The only department in which the Vredestein's bettered Michelins were looks.

However, they are definitely better than Goodyears/MRF's/Bridgestone (at least the ones which were made in the Netherlands). Can't comment on the Indian manufactured ones.

I went for the Vredesteins simply because of 3 reasons:

1. Made in Netherlands Vredesteins vs. Made in India Michelins (Latitude series). My previous set of Michelins were Thailand manufactured, and I knew that Indian manufactured tyres were of inferior quality.

2. Looks, but it mattered to me. The Michelins looked way to small and it was an eyesore (especially on the X-trail).

3. The salesmanship of the tyre shop owner. I have yet to come across such a gentleman who was so persistent and aggressive in his pitch (he gave the impression that these tyres are the ultimate next thing to have in life!!) in my experience. You can say, that we hit off, and I didn't quite mind his exaggerations. It was another matter that I had made up my mind on the Vredesteins after I came to know that the Michelins were made in India.

Till the time I sold off the car, I didn't have any issues with the tyres (but then, I didn't get the chance to really test them as much as Michelin's).

Thanks,
Simple_car

P.S. Although very unrelated, I am personally very wary of dealing with Apollo group right now (I deal with one of their companies on a professional level, and from top to bottom, I feel that there is something grossly wrong in the entire organization).

Last edited by Simple_car : 5th December 2020 at 20:34.
Simple_car is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed