Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2021, 17:45   #16

Re: Kia Sonet : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen900 View Post
I am thinking once the my novelty factor/new car feel dies down in a year or so, then I will get the alloys to spruce it up.
That's exactly my plan also, also the steel wheels with wheel caps are ok, not cheap looking.

And there are some posts in the FB group I'm in, they suggested to do a DIY black spray paint job on the wheel caps, I'm thinking about that too. I will update how it works out.

Cheers
Ram
Old 27th March 2021, 22:20   #17

Just got the OEM alloys fitted from Kia. They look absolutely smashing.

Total cost inclusive of labour and taxes-36k

Any idea or suggestion what can be done with the steel rims and the wheel cover?
Old 1st April 2021, 22:11   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu1058 View Post
Any idea or suggestion what can be done with the steel rims and the wheel cover?
Put them up for sale on OLX. For sure you’ll find some buyer.
Old 4th May 2021, 12:40   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal.jayakuma View Post
Just booked my Kia Sonet GTX+ D-AT. I'm planning to do a Tyre swap right after delivery after hearing bad reviews on the MRF wanderers.
It's been almost 7 months since this post, I'm eager to know what finally transpired and your experiences with your decision.

Last edited by aah78 : 10th July 2021 at 21:34. Reason: Quote trimmed, post fixed.
Old 10th July 2021, 20:39   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
- I personally wouldn't recommend it as it will come with a ride quality penalty. If I owned a lower variant of the Sonet, I'd stick to the 15" rim size.
I was of the opinion that larger rims = better ride?
For a Seltos HTK+, it wouldn't be a good option in that case to trade the 16"on the HTK+ for the 17" on the HTX with the dealer?
The dealer mentioned that an exchange was possible with buy back, but If the difference in ride quality is going to be insignificant then I wouldn't want to try negotiations

Last edited by aah78 : 10th July 2021 at 21:34. Reason: Quote trimmed, spacing fixed.
Old 13th September 2023, 17:10   #21

Guys,
One of the tyre of my sonet GTX burst yesterday. The car has completed 2 years and has 36k on the ODO. Need some advice if I should replace all the tyres or only the one which has burst. What are the recommended tyres. Currently, I have apollo alnac 4gs 215/60 R16.
Old 30th January 2024, 19:13   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravmehta09 View Post
Guys,
One of the tyre of my sonet GTX burst yesterday. The car has completed 2 years and has 36k on the ODO. Need some advice if I should replace all the tyres or only the one which has burst. What are the recommended tyres. Currently, I have apollo alnac 4gs 215/60 R16.
I think you should just replace only the one which burst as those tyres are pretty good to be honest.

Not sure why would the tyre burst after only 36k unless it had a hard collision or impact. I have the same set of Tyre profile as yours Alnac 4Gs and have done 45k + Kms and i see they can still do another 10K atleast. I regularly ensure to check the PSI and keep them at around 33 for each of the tyres. Every servicing i request KIA servicing to check tyre health. Also i had taken the car on all kinds of terrains, soft off roading in Arunachal and driven to and fro from Maharashtra to Arunachal and havent had any kind of issue.
I am considering replacing them after 55K with Michelin Primacy 4ST as i have heard good reviews about it.
Old 10th March 2024, 03:33   #23
BHPian

Just curious to know if anybody upgraded thwid Kia Sonet's tire size, and if it helped a great deal with the ride quality?

Most Viewed