Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2020, 13:08   #1
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 49
Thanked: 63 Times
Default Maruti Dzire 3rd-gen : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

I have the 3rd Gen Maruti Dzire ZDI bought in 2018 and roughly clocked around 44000 kms. The Car is still on its Stock Tyres (Bridgestone Ecopia).The tyre size is 185/65 R15. Tyres still have some depth to it but i feel the ride quality is not the same as before. Also, the tyres are losing grip much quicker than before. I feel there is a need to change the tyres.

I do not want to upsize the tyre and do not want to go with Bridgestone Ecopia again. Please suggest me regarding which tyre to go for. Also, if anyone knows a good tyre shop in Navi Mumbai which not only sell tyres but also does tyre Rotation, Alignment, etc. then it would be much appreciated.

Thank You

P.S. Please feel free to move my post to the appropriate thread.

Last edited by Aditya : 12th October 2020 at 20:56. Reason: Typos
Sounak04 is offline  
Old 12th October 2020, 14:48   #2
BHPian
 
Rshrey22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Delhi
Posts: 280
Thanked: 457 Times
Default re: Maruti Dzire 3rd-gen : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounak04 View Post
I have the 3rd Gen Maruti Dzire ZDI bought in 2018 and roughly clocked around 44000 kms. The Car is still on its Stock Tyres (Bridgestone Ecopia).The tyre size is 185/65 R15. Tyres still have some depth to it but i feel the ride quality is not the same as before. Also, the tyres are losing grip much quicker than before. I feel there is a need to change the tyres.

I do not want to upsize the tyre and do not want to go with Bridgestone Ecopia again. Please suggest me regarding which tyre to go for. Also, if anyone knows a good tyre shop in Navi Mumbai which not only sell tyres but also does tyre Rotation, Alignment, etc. then it would be much appreciated.

Thank You

P.S. Please feel free to move my post to the appropriate thread.
I've been using Bridgestone Turanza ER60 for past 30k kms in my Dzire, they are excellent if you want to increase ride comfort of your car, grip levels are very good, I've never felt nervous cornering at silly speeds or high speed lane changes. I do maintain higher pressure at 35psi though.

Do consider them otherwise you can go with Michelin XM2 if you have money to spare .

Last edited by Aditya : 12th October 2020 at 20:57. Reason: Quoted text edited
Rshrey22 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 14:51   #3
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 49
Thanked: 63 Times
Default re: Maruti Dzire 3rd-gen : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshrey22 View Post
I've been using Bridgestone Turanza ER60 for past 30k kms in my Dzire, they are excellent if you want to increase ride comfort of your car, grip levels are very good, I've never felt nervous cornering at silly speeds or high speed lane changes. I do maintain higher pressure at 35psi though.

Do consider them otherwise you can go with Michelin XM2 if you have money to spare .
How much are the Turanza ER60 for? Did you upgrade to these tyres or are they stock tyres?

Michelin XM2 i'm getting for roughly 5100 per tyre.

Last edited by Aditya : 12th October 2020 at 20:58. Reason: Typos
Sounak04 is offline  
Old 12th October 2020, 14:54   #4
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 174
Thanked: 316 Times
Default re: Maruti Dzire 3rd gen. : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

I would recommend the Yokohama Earth-1s. They have a strong sidewall and great grip. I've used them for almost 20k+ kms on my Amaze. The car feels planted at high speeds and the ride is great as well.
Sreesh1009 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 14:58   #5
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 6,265
Thanked: 7,364 Times
Default re: Maruti Dzire 3rd gen. : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

I (still) have my First Gen Dzire VXI, Odo currently at 100k+ Km and on its second set of Michelin XM2 tyres.

Got the first set when the car had done 40k and replaced with second set at 99k Km, it could have easily gone on for at least 5 or 10k more but keeping in mind age of 7 years, I got them replaced

Last edited by NPV : 12th October 2020 at 14:59.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 16:32   #6
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 49
Thanked: 63 Times
Default re: Maruti Dzire 3rd gen. : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post
I would recommend the Yokohama Earth-1s. They have a strong sidewall and great grip. I've used them for almost 20k+ kms on my Amaze. The car feels planted at high speeds and the ride is great as well.
I will surely enquire about the same. Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I (still) have my First Gen Dzire VXI, Odo currently at 100k+ Km and on its second set of Michelin XM2 tyres.

Got the first set when the car had done 40k and replaced with second set at 99k Km, it could have easily gone on for at least 5 or 10k more but keeping in mind age of 7 years, I got them replaced
Well i have heard really great reviews of Michelin XM2 and they are definitely very high on my list. Thanks a lot
Sounak04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 20:17   #7
BHPian
 
Rshrey22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Delhi
Posts: 280
Thanked: 457 Times
Default re: Maruti Dzire 3rd-gen : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounak04 View Post
How much are the Turanza ER60 for? Did you upgrade to these tyres or are they stock tyres?

Michelin XM2 i'm getting for roughly 5100 per tyre.
You will get them for around 4500 per tyre, I upsized my 165 80r14 MRF ZV2K to 185 70r14 Turanza ER60.

They have made the car very comfortable and tyre noise is also very low even after 30k kms.

Edit:- I looked for the size availability, sorry to say they are not available in your size requirements. Michelin XM2 is your best bet.

Last edited by Aditya : 12th October 2020 at 20:59. Reason: Quoted text edited
Rshrey22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 22:06   #8
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Rohini
Posts: 22
Thanked: 59 Times
Default re: Maruti Dzire 3rd-gen : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

I have 3rd generation Dzire running with 195/60/R15 profile Yokohama S-drives. The amount of grip and fun it offers is incomparable.
I would suggest you to to go for Yokohamas as an overall product or Michelin for the comfort.
KunalMadaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 09:37   #9
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Oxford, U. K.
Posts: 65
Thanked: 149 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Maruti Dzire 3rd-gen : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

I have upgraded the tyres of my Swift zxi+ right after delivery to 195/60 R15 Yokohama Earth 1. The tyres are great and have very good wet and dry grip(I have used Earth 1 in the size 185/70 R14 in my earlier car for 35000 km and the performance was excellent without a single puncture on very bad roads mostly). But my urge to go for the wider tyre from stok size of 185 mm has resulted in further decrease of ground clearance of an already low car and my car touches her underbody on bad roads and unscientific speed breakers. So my suggestion is:

Go for Yokohama Earth 1 in stock size i.e. 185/65 R15.
indrasis_gun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 09:53   #10
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 246
Thanked: 337 Times
Default Re: Maruti Dzire 3rd-gen : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Strongly recommend Michelin XM2. Moved to Michelin for my Ritz and Dzire and needless to say, I am a repeat customer for these tires.
headbanger is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 10:16   #11
Newbie
 
architect_santo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: MAA, TRZ, IXM
Posts: 14
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: Maruti Dzire 3rd-gen : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

I have a similar size (175/65 R14) Michelin XM2, which I've been using in my Honda Amaze; been 45k km since I bought it to replace the stock Goodyear tyres; enjoyed the steering feedback immediately after I changed the tyres. The ride quality, road grip is still good, guess the tyre shall run for another 20k km. Doing alignment every 5k km and alignment, balancing and tyre rotation every 10k km.
architect_santo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 11:28   #12
BHPian
 
puneetakhouri's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: MH03/JH01
Posts: 98
Thanked: 226 Times
Default Re: Maruti Dzire 3rd-gen : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Guys I am on the same crossroads but was confused between XM2 or Earth-1 or MRF Perfinza for my Baleno.
Any suggestions?
puneetakhouri is offline  
Old 17th October 2020, 11:32   #13
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Leoshashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: India
Posts: 4,273
Thanked: 28,543 Times
Default Re: Maruti Dzire 3rd-gen : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneetakhouri View Post
Guys I am on the same crossroads but was confused between XM2 or Earth-1 or MRF Perfinza for my Baleno.
Any suggestions?
If XM2 is available then go for it eyes closed.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 16:25   #14
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: TS 07/AP 21
Posts: 5
Thanked: 2 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Maruti Dzire 3rd-gen : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

I would advise for Continental ContiComfortContact CC5 and Michelin Energy XM2.
Michelin being with a softer rubber, got a lot of advantages but with sensitive sidewalls. So, If you run regularly through rough patches, I recommend considering other options.
Rālugāyi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 17:20   #15
Newbie
 
RedPhobos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Ghaziabad
Posts: 6
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Maruti Dzire 3rd-gen : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

After completing nearly 6 years and 50k on my original set of JK Vectra tyres on my Ritz, I was looking for something special. That is when I started researching premium tyres and zeroed down on the Yokohama DB Decibel ES 550. Now in my carís 11th year and nearly 90k on the ODO I am still running the Yokohamas without a single puncture. Once I switched to Yokohamaís premium range of tyres I realised just what a difference a good set of tyres makes to your carís ride and driving dynamics. The DB Decibels are soft compound, unidirectional tyres, which I found to be extremely quiet, adequately grippy in both wet and dry and offering a very smooth and comfortable ride. Being soft compound tyres, you need to baby them over bad patches of road if you want to escape from tyre damage or a puncture. I am by nature a very careful driver going so far as to avoid sharp looking objects or small rocks on the road, while I drive. Though there is enough tread on my tyres to comfortably reach 100k on the ODO, I have started researching for a replacement set. Having had an excellent experience with my current set of Yokohamas I have decided on the Yokohama BluEarth GT. They seem like a good replacement for the DB Decibel tyres. I encourage you to check them out before you make up your mind on which tyres to purchase and they are available in 185/65 R15 tyre size.
RedPhobos is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks