Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2021, 04:03   #1
BHPian

Maruti Vitara Brezza Tyre Upgrade Thread

Esteemed members of this community, as this is the first thread I am creating please excuse any mistakes.

I am about to change the tires for my Vitara Brezza Zdi+. Presently they are 55k run stock Apollo Alnac 4GS 215/60 R16. Now I am confused which brand to go with as all the websites say their products are the best. My drives are mostly 70% city, 30% highways. Almost no snowy or rainy conditions. Requesting suggestions.

Mods - I searched for an existing thread about "Maruti Vitara Brezza Zdi+ Tyre Upgrade" and couldn't so created a new one. Please merge if required.

Last edited by SatyRoy : 15th January 2021 at 04:05.
SatyRoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 14:22   #2
BHPian

re: Maruti Vitara Brezza Tyre Upgrade Thread

You can refer to the Continental tyres thread. Someone has replaced the tyres on their Brezza with the Conti UC6.
Floyd de Souza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 09:12   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza Tyre Upgrade Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatyRoy View Post
Presently they are 55k run stock Apollo Alnac 4GS 215/60 R16.
The Alnac 4GS are good if you want a long life. Apollo's new tyre range has generally good reviews.

I would strongly recommend Michelin Primacy 4ST for a more "premium" experience, but at the cost of 10 - 20% lesser tyre life than Indian brands (Michelins would be my top choice).

Next choice = Yokohama BluEarth.

Would disagree with Floyd's Continental tyre suggestion as I've found their products lacking in Indian conditions (weak sidewalls, faster wear & tear, poor or inexistent after-sales support...).
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 11:51   #4
BHPian

I did not suggest the Continental UC6. Merely directed Satya to the thread where there is a reference to change of tyres on a Brezza.
Floyd de Souza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 13:06   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatyRoy View Post
I am about to change the tires for my Vitara Brezza Zdi+. Presently they are 55k run stock Apollo Alnac 4GS 215/60 R16. Now I am confused about which brand to go with as all the websites say their products are the best. My drives are mostly 70% city, 30% of highways.
I can think of Yokohama BluEarth RV-02, Earth-1, Michelin Primacy 4ST.

If you are happy with the performance from Apollo's then you have two choices - Alnac 4GS or Apterra HP.

Not recommending anything from JK, MRF, Continental. Bridgestone has Turanza available in the size you need but I am not sure of how they perform in the long run.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 16:01   #6
BHPian

I recently changed all four tyres of my Brezza Zdi+.
The Apollos lasted for a good 72k+ km ina span of 4 years. Infact they might have run for another 5-6k km if it weren’t for a sidewall burst in one tyres which scared the shit out of me. I did a bit of research too and was really inclined towards Michelins. Sadly none of the distributors were inclined to sell them because of shortage of stock. The Apollos did last long but road noise creeped in too much and water scattering wasn’t as good. I always had an unsettling feeling when it would run over pools of water on a highway. Wet grip was adequate though.

I switched to Continental UC6, they were just ₹500 more than the alnacs and I could actually feel the difference. They were made in India and for India so I thought of giving them a shot! The ride was more silent and I could carry more speed while cornering, braking improved too. They boast about their water scattering capacity which shall be soon tested in the coming monsoon. No more aqua planing hopefully! So far so good! Regarding the wear, it’s too early to tell, it’s been just 4000 km but I am happy. I’ll keep updating as choosing a new set of rubber can be cumbersome.
Jash2709 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 12:54   #7
Senior - BHPian

About time my Brezza ZDI plus gets a tyre upgrade. However looking at the tread on the tyres, I can stretch it for another 5-8K kms. However, is it safe to do cruising speeds between 100-120kmph on highways? I did a 700kms run last week and I then realized after getting back home that I was stretching the tyre too much with occasional high speed runs on the highway.

Tyre condition as below - considering the car was mostly hibernating for a year due to on & off lockdowns, it’s clocked 3k kms max between March 2020 to date, I’m doubting the compound must’ve gotten a bit hard besides the usage now at 43,4xx kms as I type here.

Looking at suggestions from our forum members and mods above, I will mostly stick to Michelin Primacy. I’m also planning for alloy upgrade of the same size from stock alloys. Any suggestions for a good alloy store in Bangalore? I would mostly drop into Madhus for Tyre purchase.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza Tyre Upgrade Thread-305e9e9d2d0846edbd392eba53425eed.jpeg  

Maruti Vitara Brezza Tyre Upgrade Thread-1472edf61c224f7dab7171d6776f4ca8.jpeg  

Last edited by gururajrv : 21st November 2021 at 12:58.
Old 11th December 2021, 17:21   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Looking at suggestions from our forum members and mods above, I will mostly stick to Michelin Primacy. .
Did you change the tyres? What is your feed back on these tyres

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks