Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2007, 21:13   #16
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.tec View Post
195/60... 32psi is what the guy said to keep as air pressure...
Nice alloys you got there, 32 psi for normal driving ? is that the right pressure for that size ?
Old 21st April 2007, 21:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
What is the margin like, do you have any factual info? Is it much more than earned over other less common brands (like Yokohama) or are you just guessing?
Have factual information which I'll PM you, since exact figures are not for posting on public forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post

My Opinion as I have also changed from Silverstone's to Yoko's:
They are not as a lot of people would want you to believe.

I quote from the website ..
"Since its inception in 1988. Silverstone had pursued its quest to produce quality tyres of the highest export standards. Employing state-of-the-art technology and quality control systems comparable to the best in the world. Silverstone has earned itself awards from international governing authorities such as UK's E11, USA's DOT Marking of Quality, the ISO 9002 BVQI Certification of Quality Management and Malaysia's SIRIM."
Fair enough, that's your opinion and mine differs from yours with regards to the tyre. I understand since you've been running this tyre you have every right to support it.

As for their website blurb well I would take it with a pinch of salt (or any company's for that matter) since I don't think that I've ever seen any company advertise the negative points or shortcomings of their products or comapny anywhere. Remember at the end of the day it's all Marketing speak. Reality might or might not differ from it.
iraghava is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2007, 21:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet
My Opinion as I have also changed from Silverstone's to Yoko's: They are not as a lot of people would want you to believe.
Read my line as "They are not as bad as some people would want you to believe". I made a small typo in editing and skipped the word "bad" in my original post. Sorry about that.

Returning to the discussion..

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Fair enough, that's your opinion and mine differs from yours with regards to the tyre. I understand since you've been running this tyre you have every right to support it.
I am not supporting the Tire, neither am I rubbishing it.

All I'm saying is it may not be the best (which is why I moved them away from the OHC) but it ain't THAT bad either (which is why you'll still find them on my Getz).

I may wrong about the Tire, maybe it is pathetic afterall - but lets review it maturely and not go by hearsay, esp. by other Tire dealers

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava;
As for their website blurb well I would take it with a pinch of salt (or any company's for that matter) since I don't think that I've ever seen any company advertise the negative points or shortcomings of their products or comapny anywhere. Remember at the end of the day it's all Marketing speak. Reality might or might not differ from it.
I absolutely agree with you.

Which is why I also posted a link from an Automobile Forum (not related to Silverstone) which includes User reviews on that Tire.

Regards,
Manveet.

p.s.

OT:
Ishan, we've discussed this before and I'm sure you won't disagree that here in Delhi we have a mentality to bitch/crib if we see someone selling a particular product like hotcakes. This tendency gets aggravated if we have friends in circles that sell competitive products - this could be Tires, ICE or Ractive Filters - thats irrelevant. This is why I'd like to use this thread as a mature discussion on the Merits/De-merits of Silverstone Tires.

Last edited by manveet : 21st April 2007 at 21:59.
Old 22nd April 2007, 12:34   #19
BANNED

Quote:
my mom has a nhc in almost the same colour but a non zx
Afaik that Colour "Galaxy Grey" Is introduced with Zx ,Not with Old Nhc though .
Old 22nd April 2007, 15:40   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Afaik that Colour "Galaxy Grey" Is introduced with Zx ,Not with Old Nhc though .
yeah thats correct..
Old 22nd April 2007, 19:55   #21
elf
BANNED

v.tec, methinks your wheels are too wide for your tyres. What size rims are you running? The sidewall seems 'stretched', giving the tyre a balloon effect. Also, they seem overinflated, commonly advised to keep thinner section tyres on wider alloys.

I suggest you immediately have the tyres changed to thicker ones, say 205/60R15 at least, with 215 or 225 being better. Your braking, safety & tyre life will improve.
Old 22nd April 2007, 20:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
I suggest you immediately have the tyres changed to thicker ones, say 205/60R15 at least, with 215 or 225 being better. Your braking, safety & tyre life will improve.
205 will be okay.215 225 .Its an overkill dont even think about it.
Old 22nd April 2007, 20:49   #23
BHPian

Quote:
v.tec, methinks your wheels are too wide for your tyres. What size rims are you running? The sidewall seems 'stretched', giving the tyre a balloon effect. Also, they seem overinflated, commonly advised to keep thinner section tyres on wider alloys.

elf,
i dont have much knowledge about tyres or alloys, but AFAIK anything above 205, is a strict NO-NO for a city! no matter what rims the car has...
i can still consider a 205 but then i dont think my dealer would change them without cutting a lot of money
Old 22nd April 2007, 20:58   #24
elf
BANNED

Either that, or reduce the thickness of your alloys. If you've had this switch done recently, the dealer shouldn't charge you much. But do it for your own safety.
Old 22nd April 2007, 21:02   #25
BHPian

hmm..ill speak to him but the cars running way too smoothly

MODS please change topic name to Silverstone Kruizer NS500
Old 22nd April 2007, 21:03   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Either that, or reduce the thickness of your alloys. If you've had this switch done recently, the dealer shouldn't charge you much. But do it for your own safety.
Elfie, If it's 6 or 6.5J they should be fine. 6J would be perfect whereas 6.5J would make the alloys stick out.
Old 22nd April 2007, 21:32   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Have factual information which I'll PM you, since exact figures are not for posting on public forums.
Ishan, the purpose of a forum is to share information, why would you let others wonder while manveet gets the necessary insights.

manson.
Old 22nd April 2007, 22:31   #28
Team-BHP Support

are the pics misleading a lil,the angle at which they are shot??
Old 23rd April 2007, 04:46   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet
What is the margin like, do you have any factual info? Is it much more than earned over other less common brands (like Yokohama) or are you just guessing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
Have factual information which I'll PM you, since exact figures are not for posting on public forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Ishan, the purpose of a forum is to share information, why would you let others wonder while manveet gets the necessary insights.
2 Days Later.

I'm still waiting for the PM.

Last edited by manveet : 23rd April 2007 at 04:51.
Old 23rd April 2007, 08:37   #30

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

congrats on ur new buy...
but im surprised that no one else pointed this out .you mentioned you have 196/60 with 15" rims.thats a very bad combo.im surprised the tires arent fouling with the wheel arches.195/60 is a perfect size for 14" rims but not for 15" rims.your tire circumference has increased from 1831mm to 1932mm.

and well i think you shouldnt have replaced the original honda vtec alloys.those are very beautiful alloys and high quality as well.way better than prestige.and i think they cost 8k per rim.well to each his own.
enjoy.
p.s:manveet i think should pm vtec about your experience with the silverstone tires.

Most Viewed