Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2007, 02:26   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.tec View Post
Other than all that... Why would one of the best tyre dealers whose upsized atleast 2000 cars now...very MINIMUM idea..out of those an idea would be atleast 100 Honda's, why would he put 195's on 15"er...wouldn't it be best to trust his experience since hes THE man in the tyre industry?
Large sales doesn't mean that he's the most knowledgable guy around. After all how many customers in our market even know what the Profile of a tyre is? It's not that difficult Avin, many dealers out there are not trained or educated in proper upsizing of tyres & wheels, so don't be too surprised at some of their mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.tec View Post
P.S.: dont know if this helps..but the tyre clearly reads... 195/60/R15..meaning its made for 15"ers right??
Yes, the R15 at the end signifies that. You anyways can't mount a 14" or 16" tyre onto a 15" wheel. It's impossible.

Another thing, your size is an incorrect upsize. Correct sizes are:

185/55-15
195/50-15
205/50-15

What he's given you is a correct upsize on the Swift but not on your car. Maybe you should talk to him about getting it changed. In any case I would agree with Elf either get your tyres changed to 205/50's or get you wheels changed to 5.5/6J sizes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
(again, in your case, a 6.5J wheel which would translate to 6.5 inches thick - 165mm). 6.5J is too thick a wheel section for a 195/60R15 tyre.
You mean Width Elfy dear, not Thickness!! Pahiye ki chaurai, motayi nahin!!!!
Old 24th April 2007, 02:35   #47
Senior - BHPian

Actually I just re-read the thread & there is no rim-width mentioned by Avin anywhere! Avin, first things first confirm to us the rim width (By either checking the stepney, if you've 5 alloys or taking off a wheel & checking it) and then we can tell you the best way to proceed.

It looks odd in pics but we can't be convinced on that, we need to know the width to be absolutely sure.

P.S. Just reviewed the pictures & agree with others here, the tyres look way-too overinflated.

Last edited by iraghava : 24th April 2007 at 02:38.
Old 24th April 2007, 02:40   #48
BHPian

Isnt the rim width also written on the wheel itself, from where he could check it??
Old 24th April 2007, 02:41   #49
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
... You mean Width Elfy dear, not Thickness!! ...
Oi! You bladey bhaiyye! You bees again tiching me haw to ispik ingliss? Alls you servant types of bladey phoolis pipals.

Thick. As in your head. Not wide. As in your girth.

Last edited by elf : 24th April 2007 at 02:42.
Old 24th April 2007, 03:13   #50
BHPian

Where exactly can i check the rim width?
Old 24th April 2007, 03:16   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled View Post
And as for ur sunday project
Car Bibles : The Wheel and Tyre Bible
Go nuts
I know thet site from like atleast a year.
See you around next Sunday, I have a flight to catch in an hour and a half. Bye.

Last edited by manveet : 24th April 2007 at 03:23.
Old 29th April 2007, 20:26   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled View Post
Silverstone KTZ SPORT Review.

I replaced my Santro's tires with the above mentioned tire and frankly if I were to rate them in one word, then I would have to say Pathetic.
Other ppl.. ahem may have other opinions, but i'm being honest about what I felt.

Now moving on systematically. Where I will use the michelin XM1s that I have now for comparision purposes.

Handling
XM1's are better in every regard, except that they make more screeching sounds when the car is turning(like at on ramps) at lets say 80+ kms.

Adv of the noise being that I know when the tires are about to give up.

Had many incidents with silverstones where the front end would suddenly wash out without a warning.

Road noise
This is not even a close contest. The silverstones had a fair amount of road noise. The XM1s close to none.

Comfort level
The XM1s are again the winner on all accounts.

Simple proof about this is the fact that me and my friend(known as Goldilocks to delhi members) thought that the roads had been re-surfaced

Braking
The brake bite seemed greater it the KTZs. As in the first second of application. But braking distance was no shorter than the XM1.

However if the wheels locked up, the car would keep skating forward.

OT: have also seen this problem with GIIIs potenzas in aZa's car

TIRE LIFE (GET READY FOR A SHOCK)
They lasted me a good 7000 kms. After which they were reduced to absolute slicks.

Yea I know I drive very fast, brake late, blah blah.

But still.

Prices
Silverstone ~2300 (w/o bill)
XM1 2500 (bill n warranty)

CONCLUSION
The worst tires i've ever used. And I would not trust the company's other models also.

If Someone has a different view point, they are most welcome. But having used the product I know what i'm talking about

But the end still is a happy story - 3 of the tires broke broke their sidewall cords. Developed huge bulges. So I replaced them with XM1s and found Nirvana(till I move to preceda's)
I replaced my stock tyres on NHC with XM1 (175/65R14). Rs.3180 per tyre.
Is this price OK?
Your Rs.2500 price is for which size?
Old 30th April 2007, 02:56   #53
BHPian

The price I mentioned was for a 165/65 R13. But no clue about your tire size. Will find out tomorrow and let ya know.

Btw next time try not quoting such a long message. You can snip some parts
Old 30th April 2007, 03:18   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
I replaced my stock tyres on NHC with XM1 (175/65R14). Rs.3180 per tyre.
Is this price OK?
Yes, that's a good price for tyres with bill & warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks