Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2021, 13:20   #1
Team-BHP Support

Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres

A couple of years ago, we had a thread on white lettering on tyres coming back into vogue. Now, a company called Tire Stickers India is offering a solution to add white lettering and other detailing to car tyres.

Tire Stickers India is the official distributor of Tire Stickers USA - the creators of tyre lettering and the officially-licensed producers of tyre branding solutions worldwide. The company claims to have partnerships with tyre manufacturers such as Dunlop, Falken, Toyo, Continental, Goodyear, Michelin, etc..

The company's products can be applied to the sidewalls of tyres. They can be used for personal vehicles, commercial vehicles, high-performance automobiles, motorcycles, bicycles and off-road vehicles. Tyre lettering kits and logos have permanent, raised-rubber lettering. Custom Colour Matching allows customers to select desired colour tones and combinations for tyre letters and logos. Apart from lettering and logos, one can opt for coloured line walls, stripes, flares and dotted lines. Additionally, customers can create their own designs and order products through the Create Your Own section. Installation is carried out at Bangalore and a warranty is provided.

The tyre lettering kit includes the permanent raised rubber lettering and lettering glue. Installation instructions and a guide are included with the kit.

As with any product, there are certain pros and cons to using tyre stickers.

Pros

• Contrast lettering and other detailing on tyres adds a lot of style to a car
  • You don’t have to buy new tyres to get lettering. You can have it done on your existing set of tyres
  • D.I.Y. kits are available, saving you the trouble of having to visit the installation center

Cons

• Life of the product is unknown and special care needs to be taken. Contact with oil-based tyre care products has to be avoided and the lettering has to be cleaned at least once a month
  • Installation has to be perfect. Installations carried out by distributors and D.I.Y. kits do not carry product warranty
  • Not cheap. Starts at 2,500 bucks but goes to Rs. 18,000!!!

Products such as adhesives, tyre shines, degreasers and decal cleaners are also available.

Here's a glance at some of the products the company offers:

Tyre brands: Rs. 2,490 - 10,990
Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres-apollo.jpg

Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres-continental.jpg

Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres-michelin1.jpg

Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres-yoko.jpg

Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres-motorcycle1.jpg

Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres-motorcycle0.jpg

Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres-motorcycle2.jpg

Whitewalls: Rs. 9,750 - 15,000
Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres-whitewalls.jpg

Any Coloured Line Walls:
Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres-redwalls.jpg

Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres-greenwalls.jpg

Gold Stripe Kit:
Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres-tirestickersyellowgoldlinetiretirestickers.jpg

Inverted Two Tone Design:
Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres-inverteddesignsmock2.jpg

Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres-dunloptires_for_salenearme1.jpg

Red Line Kit:
Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres-redlinetiretirestickerswithglueandgloves.jpg

Tire Flare Tracer Stripes Only: Rs. 6,049
Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres-tireflareswhitetirestickerscenter8decals.jpg

Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres-bluestripes.jpg

Custom Tire Designs: Rs. 5,628 - 17,899
Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres-reddottedflares.jpg

Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres-yellowflares.jpg

Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres-dottedlinetireletteringkit.jpg

Create Your Own: Rs. 999 - 17,990
Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres-yellowcustomlogo.jpg

Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres-bluecustomtext.jpg

Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres-createyourownfrostflare.jpg

Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres-createyourownracingtirestickerswithglueandgloves231.jpg

Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres-exampletextformula1topandbottomtirestickers8decals.jpg

Flexement Adhesive:
Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres-flexementadhesivetirestickersgluetransparantbg.jpg

Tire Stickers Safe Tire Shine:
Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres-hydroshinebothtypeglossfortirestickerstireshine.jpg

Mighty Green Tire Cleaner and Degreaser:
Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres-tirestickerstirecleanermightygreen.jpg

Touch Up Decal Cleaner:
Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres-tirestickerscleanerrubberbright.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 23rd March 2021 at 08:24. Reason: Moving pros & cons up
Aditya is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 13:22   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line.
Aditya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 08:29   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres

White lettering looks really cool on some cars - Offroaders, big SUVs, heavily modified cars etc. I also see vintage & classic car owners buying this product.

Will wait for BHPian reviews though. My biggest concern is the life of this product, and how to install it perfectly in cities other than Bangalore. If the fit isn't perfect, it's a waste.

Still, best to get tyres with white lettering as a stock feature. As we say with cars, factory fit is factory fit
Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres-tyres.jpg
GTO is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 10:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres

I feel this looks good now on those rare road vehicles like a Ducati or a Porsche. Or like GTO said on heavy off roaders, SUVs, classic and vintage cars. Besides life of this product, my other main concern would be whether this would be penalized by the cops by saying this is modification . I have seen folks being made to remove sun films and car stickers on the spot with their bare hands. The last thing I want to do is remove stickers from a dirty car tyre covered in all the road waste ! Those in the know, kindly comment if this tyre stickering is legal.

Last edited by TrackDay : 23rd March 2021 at 10:08.
TrackDay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 10:37   #5
Team-BHP Support

I love tyre lettering and it does influence my choice of tyre too.

Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres-dffe332a0ae14ab8afb49e842aa719bb.jpeg

Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres-aaae5da2462e4055b579d3bdb37a26d0.jpeg

That said, i am unsure if i would add them as a post purchase addon.
benbsb29 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 11:14   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Love white lettering on high profile tyres in SUVs, pickup trucks and old cars with coke bottle styling.

Waiting for Kerala MVD to start penalizing these in the name of road safety.
DicKy is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 11:18   #7
BHPian

I had painted the lettering on my 800's MRF radial tyres with just the simple asian paints white paint using a paint brush. It lasted the entire lifetime of the tyre! Lol!
ssjr0498 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 11:13   #8
BHPian

These stickers really enhance the look of cars.
IMO it makes the car look more sportier. Saw it on a creta and really liked it.
Attached Thumbnails
Tire Stickers brings add-on tyre lettering to India | Add any text to your tyres-img_2724.jpg  

Old 27th March 2021, 11:27   #9
BHPian

Hold on.. the stickering costs as much as some tires !!

Upto rs 18K , costs are mind blowing for just some stickering..
charanreddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 17:39   #10
BHPian

These stickers do add character to the wheels, and the car overall. I maybe biased as I have been a sucker for paint/designs on the tyres. It also reminds of earlier times when the Ambassador taxis of Kolkata had white walled tyres. I was blown away when they featured this in the "Cars" movie. I am assuming quality will be quite good, but somehow the prices still seem steep.
Old 27th March 2021, 18:46   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Wraps, PPF, tyre stickering, chrome plating, detailing, ceramic coat/teflon coat/carbon coat, anti-rat spray etc etc.

Ever heard the term buy it, fill it and drive it? I'd rather throw the money into the toilet than buy tyre stickers.

The liquor industry and car garnishes/ wrap/ coating industry are working on incredible margins, about 500%+ at the very least.
dark.knight is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 20:53   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
I feel this looks good now on those rare road vehicles like a Ducati or a Porsche. Or like GTO said on heavy off roaders, SUVs, classic and vintage cars.
Literally what I was about to comment when I thought about this post! There are definitely certain types of rides that can pull off this look. I remember seeing a Nano back in the day with something similar and my god that was a sight to behold!
Old 28th March 2021, 05:16   #13
BHPian

The stickers surely adds sportiness to the cars, however the life is not much. As far as I know, the life of the tyre stickers in India varies between 2-6 months. Bad roads, dust, low tyre pressure, heat, reduces the life of these stickers. BTW, just saw a video on YouTube claiming these stickers costs around 3.5k for a set of 4 tyres.

Guess Tyre Stickers India already has COMPETITION to face! 😀
Old 29th March 2021, 11:00   #14
BHPian

The cost of stickering is nearing the cost of tyres!!! But why would some one want to pay money to advertize a brand?? Custom names or logos may actually work if the costs were not so steep.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks