Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2021, 11:57   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tyre add-on in car insurance, and putting claims for damaged tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadbear View Post
He pleaded me, yes, pleaded is the word, to close the complaint. He told me that he is just an employee and I should think about him too.

I decided not to pursue this since even if I were compensated, it would have been around 3-4k since tyres are paid for only 50% of the amount.

I like to think I did the right thing.

P.S. Received an infarction about poor grammar/spelling mistakes. Double checked this time. I hope all is well this time.
I feel you did the right thing factoring in the net 'loss' to you, and with the knowledge that the relevant Reliance General employees handling your case have probably learnt a proper lesson in not manipulating the system. Of course, it remains to be seen whether Reliance General as a company has learnt anything or not.

Also, I'm sure you meant infraction and not an infarction (tissue death due to inadequate blood supply to the affected area). I hope a TBHP 'slap on the wrist' won't be killing off your bodily tissue.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 12:09   #17

My my. Slipped again. Hope this time I don't get an infraction, or it will undoubtedly lead to infarction.

Maybe the employee learned his lesson; perhaps he did not. But after he kept pleading not to pursue the case further, I could not follow it through.

It seems when someone apologizes, we do tend to take the high road.

The funny thing was, they replaced the alloy, the TPMS sensor but said the tyre bulge is not covered since it didn't happen in the accident.

So the accident damages the alloy, but the tyre was completely unharmed. Seems hard to digest.

I wish I could upload his call recording here. He said, " I am always here for you sir, even if you take the car and drive through 100s of potholes, I will be here for you."

The first time when he called, I felt as if I am being interrogated. I don't know about the rest of the insurance industry, but the way they just wanted to bully me into accepting whatever they say didn't feel right.
Old 8th January 2023, 08:43   #18

Hi Folks,

I have a Honda City 4th Gen and have a tyre cover add on with my insurance.

Recently my car has started wobbling after me and my wife did a drive from Delhi to Bangalore

I took it to a local mechanic, he mentioned 2 tyres are nearing their life and I should get new ones.

Is the tyre add on helpful in this case I have read the policy doc and probably the damage can either give 25%, 50% or 100% of tyre cost in replacement depending upon the damage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks