Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2021, 11:53   #31
BHPian

re: Tata Tiago & Tigor now come with a tyre repair kit | EDIT: Spare tyre retained!

From the video it looks like Tata hasn't dropped the spare as yet so no need to bash them.
A spare tyre is a definite need with our current road conditions. I always carry a puncture kit and compressor but had to use my spare on two occasions due to sidewall damage.
Quote:
If they remove the spare tyre altogether?
Then they better provide the tech in tyres that doesn't let puncture happen.
Previously, with tubed tyres, there were no options to attempt a roadside repair which we can do today, so that's progress, but everything that has been developed so far has been to reduce our dependence on a spare but not eliminate it.
DeadCenter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 12:47   #32
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Tiago & Tigor now come with a tyre repair kit | EDIT: Spare tyre retained!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I have pinged Tata for a clarification and will update the title accordingly.
From Tata Motors' communication team:
Quote:
A Puncture Repair kit is being offered across all trims of Tiago and Tigor to enhance safety and convenience for customers.

All the trims will come with spare wheel.
GTO is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 11:11   #33
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: Tata Tiago & Tigor now come with a tyre repair kit | EDIT: Spare tyre retained!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Why are they calling it "tyre mobility kit" instead of "tyre repair kit" ?
Do employees of TATA motors only use words like "washroom" / "restroom" instead of words like "bathroom" / "toilet" (which was taught in indian schools) ?
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 11:22   #34
Senior - BHPian

If they are retaining the spare tire, then this becomes a wonderful feature edition compared to the thoughtless feature deletions that Tata is lately known for. For a change, I feel they deserve some appreciation for adding a feature.

But I am afraid this is a transition period and they will eventually remove that spare tire. They may even say that during surveys, people who used the Tiago models with repairing kit said that spare tire was not needed. Hopefully that does not happen, and all models continue with this excellent addition along with spare tires.
padmrajravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 11:29   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
In Tatas product development life cycle, the cost cutting or optimization part seems to happen after the car is in the market. Either that specific team is too slow or they are in their own world.
This is a standard process across all industries and its called Value Analysis or Cost Out. These projects are run only once the product is in the market and initial market acceptance is determined. These projects are typically run not by the product development teams but by LCM (Life Cycle Management) teams and typically belong to the manufacturing function.

Even critical medical equipment such as imaging systems, surgery devices, implantables are subject to the same Value Analysis projects and cost/feature reduction opportunities are identified and aggressively pursued to increase the bottom line. Believe it or not, but this is a mandatory process across all major OEMs for all kinds of products.
yd_gli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 20:55   #36
BHPian

From when is this kit being offered? We got our Tigor in March'21, but it's not there in our car.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st May 2021 at 23:59. Reason: Grammar.
Old 21st May 2021, 23:57   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevOnWheels View Post
From when this kit is being offered. We got our Tigor in March'21, but it's not there in our car.
Mine is a Apr 2021 manufactured Tigor. I have both the spare tyre and the kit.
Old 22nd May 2021, 12:22   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almoral View Post
Mine is a Apr 2021 manufactured Tigor. I have both the spare tyre and the kit.
Okay. Then it's from April model.

Most Viewed