Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2007, 21:57   #1
BHPian

Alloys + Tyres for Swift VDi

I am eagerly waiting for my Swift D which I should get sooner rather than later and will certainly change the rims to alloys with 15" tyres. I will be getting the alloys that are OE on the Swift ZXi. The quote I got for 5 alloys + 5 tyres (Bridgestone/Michelin) was close to 45k. Does that sound about right? Can I fit the existing tyres on the alloys? Should I be looking elsewhere? Or is the cost of searching for an alternative not worth the time and effort put into it? It is really convenient this way since the dealer will fit it and deliver the car ready to drive away.

Cheers!
Kartik
Old 9th May 2007, 00:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will be getting the alloys that are OE on the Swift ZXi.
You must be paying the dealer extra for this??

Quote:
The quote I got for 5 alloys + 5 tyres (Bridgestone/Michelin) was close to 45k
What brand of tyres and alloys have you been quoted for?

Quote:
Can I fit the existing tyres on the alloys?
How will 15inch alloys take 14inch tyres?

Quote:
It is really convenient this way since the dealer will fit it and deliver the car ready to drive away.
Depends on what you want from your car, FE or Performance, Ride or Handling.
Old 9th May 2007, 00:33   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
You must be paying the dealer extra for this??
Depends on what you want from your car, FE or Performance, Ride or Handling.
I would like a balance I think. An FE of about 14-15 is great with the air-con on almost all the time. I certainly want a smooth solid ride without a heavy handling car.

Kartik
Old 9th May 2007, 09:41   #4
Team-BHP Support

kartik there are a lot of threads for tyres and alloys on the swift VDi. Just do a search.

Secondly you mention 15" tyres with 14" OE ZXi alloys. you cannot fit these. both the tyres and alloys need to be same.
Old 9th May 2007, 10:21   #5
Team-BHP Support

kartik OE Zxi alloys are 14 inch and the price is 21 k for set of 5 at dealership. Best thing is to check if you can find second hand ones from accessory shops where people would have dumped the OE for a 15 inch upgrade.

i sourced mine for 12k for a set of 4.

Tyres go for 185 70 14 which is best compromise wrt FE and Ride.

Second option is to go for 195 60 15 tyres along with 15 inch alloys, with a small compromise on ride.

Generally alloys come in a range of 17 to 19 depending on make and model and tyres anywhere between 3500 and 4200 again depending on make and model.

You can get an exchange rate of 800-1000 Rs for OE tyres and if you bargain hard the shop might give you another 100 to 200 for OE rim and wheel caps.

Yes you can put the OE 165 tyres on Zxi rims but will not help in handling and will be just a cosmetic upgrade, this option only if you want to wait a lil longer to have a better financing.

14 inch finding rubber is a difficult task and readily available sizes are in 185 70 14 JK tyre, 195 65 14 good year Eagle Ventura, and 195 70 14 which has goodyear ducaro, michelin old models, amazer and mrf's.

Hope this helps.
Old 9th May 2007, 10:58   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
kartik OE Zxi alloys are 14 inch and the price is 21 k for set of 5 at dealership.
Thanks for the information about the OE ZXI alloys... But do you think it is better to have OE ZXI alloys or buy from Market other brands like Aura, Nero, League..
Old 9th May 2007, 11:17   #7
Team-BHP Support

its purely a personal choice, OE only advantage i see is the dealer not questioning you with PCD etc for warranty otherwise no power difference what so ever

and yes maybe you will get a cheaper deal outside.
Old 9th May 2007, 17:28   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
kartik OE Zxi alloys are 14 inch and the price is 21 k for set of 5 at dealership. Best thing is to check if you can find second hand ones from accessory shops where people would have dumped the OE for a 15 inch upgrade.
Hope this helps.
It most certainly helps. Thanks! I will go with the 185 70 14 since that seems to be OE on the ZXi and I can get it from the dealer before I take delivery of the car. I see your point about finding a supplier outside since it would be cheaper, but I am not inclined to do all that searching, esp since I don't know too many places nor am I good at bargaining. Plus, I will get a warranty this way and like you said in a subsequent post, no questions asked by the dealer.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks