Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2007, 00:22   #46

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
I think thats a stock size for Sonata Embera.
in that case we all know how many of those were sold....
Old 7th December 2007, 11:10   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
I think thats a stock size for Sonata Embera.
205/60 R16 is stock size for SONATA V6 and ACCORD V6.
EMBERA comes fitted with 215/60 R16
Old 7th December 2007, 11:17   #48
BHPian

Does changing 205/60 R16 to 225/50 or 255/55 R16 reduce the FE of the vehicle? Could anyone give the pros and cons of upgrading to wider tyres.
Old 7th December 2007, 11:34   #49
BHPian

Does changing the width of the tyre from 205/60 R16 to 225/50 R16 reduce the FE of the vehicle? What are the pros and cons of upgrading to a wider tyre?
Old 7th December 2007, 13:19   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DineshKanna View Post
Does changing the width of the tyre from 205/60 R16 to 225/50 R16 reduce the FE of the vehicle? What are the pros and cons of upgrading to a wider tyre?
What car is this for? And I'm pretty sure that in 99% of the cases a car which has 205's as standard cannot accomodate 255's without arch/fender modifications.
Old 7th December 2007, 14:15   #51
BHPian

I have SX4 ZXI. The Stock tyre doesn't have good grip on the wet road. I found my car skids a little distance atleast a foot after sudden brake. I have done more than 5000 Kms and i was just thinking of replacing this tyre with a good make and thought of going for a wider tyre. But if it requires modification then i may not go for it.
Old 7th December 2007, 23:13   #52
BHPian

Quote:
I have SX4 ZXI. The Stock tyre doesn't have good grip on the wet road. I found my car skids a little distance atleast a foot after sudden brake. I have done more than 5000 Kms and i was just thinking of replacing this tyre with a good make and thought of going for a wider tyre. But if it requires modification then i may not go for it.
225/55 R16 will work perfect.....
Old 7th December 2007, 23:28   #53

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
What car is this for? And I'm pretty sure that in 99% of the cases a car which has 205's as standard cannot accomodate 255's without arch/fender modifications.
255....he is talking about 225 width tires.
Old 8th December 2007, 01:00   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
255....he is talking about 225 width tires.
Please read the post quoted below carefully.

Quote:
Does changing 205/60 R16 to 225/50 or 255/55 R16 reduce the FE of the vehicle? Could anyone give the pros and cons of upgrading to wider tyres.
Old 8th December 2007, 21:13   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Please read the post quoted below carefully.
Hi Guys, i am sorry there was a typo in my message it is 225 and not 255 . Sorry for the confusion iraghava . And i guess SX4 ZXI can accomodate 225/55 R16 without modifications right.....
Old 9th March 2013, 09:10   #56
BHPian

Tyres for SX4 ZXi

Friends,

I am on the look out for new tyres to my 3 year old SX4 ZXi. Stock JK Tyres seems to be OK for me except for the road noise. Do the experts in the forum feel any changes to that with the latest model of JK Tyres Vectra?

If not, which other one I should go for? Ride comfort and road noise are my preference. Yoko & Michelin prices are close to 9 K whereas JK is 6 K. Is it really worth to spend this much extra? Request experts to give a recommendation.

Thanks
Old 9th March 2013, 09:19   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathp View Post
Friends,

If not, which other one I should go for? Ride comfort and road noise are my preference. Yoko & Michelin prices are close to 9 K whereas JK is 6 K. Is it really worth to spend this much extra? Request experts to give a recommendation.

Thanks
The Michelins will have better grip and for lesser Road noise I suppose you could look at dB series from michelin. Considering that your requirements are completely fulfilled by these, I suppose this should be worth the extra bucks. If you have the cash, splurge it!!
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2013, 10:47   #58
BHPian

Re: Tyres for SX4 ZXi

I think SX4 ZXi comes with 205/60 R16's right? You'l get Michelin Primacy LC in that size. They are superbly comfortable tyres with good grip and very low road noise.

Or you can go for Yoko ES 501 i think. Slightly cheaper but will be pretty much at par with Michelin.

Actually if you don't have very hard driving style and can compromise slightly on grip, Apollo Accelares make tremendous sense. These are not premium tyres but compared to your JK's it will be a huge difference. They make complete sense if you don't wanna rip your car every time you go out. These will cost you about 6-6.5 grand each tyre which is a lot less than Michelin as well as Yoko.

For the same money as your JK you will get good tyres with lower road noise and better comfort and better grip. These won't be as good as Michelin or Yoko but a very good compromise.

Of course guru's should chip in cos they will give you the best suggestions.
thumpingheart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2013, 12:48   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post

Actually if you don't have very hard driving style and can compromise slightly on grip, Apollo Accelares make tremendous sense.
Yes , I can vouch for the aceleres , they are pretty decent and certainly better than the JKTyre you have. Nice grip and low road noise at an affordable price.
Old 9th March 2013, 16:43   #60

I changed my stock JK vectra after 60k on the odo and a lot of road noise and exactly 11 punctures and a center line bend. after a really long and confusing search and discussions and too and fro movement between 205/215/225 and michelin/ yoko/ bridgestone/apollo and fror once even JK, decided to go to the tyre shop and take a call there.

The tyre guy (mahavir tyres, palika bhawan, r k puram) gave me a patient hearing and helped me decide on them.. Apollo Acelere.. Following were the main reason that clinched the deal for Apollo

1. Absolute VFM
2. Side body flexibility. Michelin and Yoko was obviously more soft but IMO, the Acelere were adequately soft yet firm to withstand any sudden surprises on potholes/rough patches on Indian roads
3. Bridgestone was a directional tyre and i wanted the flexibility to be able to rotate the tyres amongst each other as well as inside out manner

I have driven around 30 km on the new ones since morning and they are a beauty.. Substantially low noise and improved grip. I guess i have got my companions for another 50k..
roadjunkie is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed