Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2013, 11:03   #61
BHPian

Re: Tyres for Maruti SX4

I need to change my SX4-ZXi tyres (205/60 R16). The stock ones lasted 6.5 Yrs / 50k+ Kms. Please help me to choose a brand based on the following points.
  • Budget less than 7K per tyre (need to change all 4).
  • Should have good Tyre Thread Life, Good Grip (Wet & Dry), Good Stability at turns.
  • NOT worried about Tyre noise and ride comfort.
  • Car is driven in Kerala 99% of time. There is no way it can be driven in triple digit speed. Most of the times, the max speed attainable is 80Km/Hr only.
  • Need tyres that last long.

A quick search gives me only the following (based on the price band).

Apollo ACELERE, MRF ZV2K, JK Tyres VECTRA , Apollo ALNAC 4G

I need to make this purchase from Kochi/Ernakulam area. So, please also recommend a good Tyre shop too.

Many Thanks in advance.
Old 5th January 2014, 12:11   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by psvinay View Post
I need to change my SX4-ZXi tyres (205/60 R16). The stock ones lasted 6.5 Yrs / 50k+ Kms. Please help me to choose a brand based on the following points.. Apollo ACELERE, MRF ZV2K, JK Tyres .
Hi Vinay... Please keep JK from your decision set as Vectra is a pretty bad tyre.. I know noise isn't your concern but i am sure suspension is and Vectra is a rough for Suspension. I have heard good reviews of both Acelere as well as ZV2K. I changed my OEM Vectra's to Acelere about 15km back and they are working nice.. No complains.. Gives me a decent grip on both dry and wet surface as well as nice handling on city and highway drive..

Thumbs up for Acelere..
roadjunkie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2014, 15:21   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I need to change my SX4-ZXi tyres (205/60 R16). The stock ones lasted 6.5 Yrs / 50k+ Kms. Please help me to choose a brand based on the following points.
  • Should have good Tyre Thread Life, Good Grip (Wet & Dry), Good Stability at turns.
  • Car is driven in Kerala 99% of time. There is no way it can be driven in triple digit speed. Most of the times, the max speed attainable is 80Km/Hr only.

I need to make this purchase from Kochi/Ernakulam area. So, please also recommend a good Tyre shop too.

Many Thanks in advance.
You can also think about the Goodyear Assurance. It's quite a nice tyre and very very well priced as well. Around 5.6k or so.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 06:12   #64
BHPian

Quote:

Many Thanks in advance.
Hi Vinay, you may wish to check this post of mine, and others on the same thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post3336513
Old 7th January 2014, 22:20   #65
BHPian

Quote:

Many Thanks in advance.
UPDATE: Today went to Global Tyres, Palarivattom, Kochi and bought Apollo Acelere. Price 5900/- per tyre. Wheel balancing & alignment charges extra (950/-). Asking price for the Goodyear Assurance was 6700/- and he was not ready to negotiate on that. So finally went for Apollo.

Ride has improved a lot compared to the retired 50+k Kms and 6.5yrs old JK Vectra. The ride now feel softer and noise is also lesser. Let me wait for around 5K Kms and update. Thanks.
Old 1st March 2015, 12:54   #66
BHPian

I have to change my SX4 tyres, almost finalized to goodyear assurance (INR 4700), but heard that the tyre is getting punctured frequently due to sharp stones ?
MRF ZV2K is around INR5700. Please suggest.
Old 1st March 2015, 13:00   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ I would suggest the Apollo Accelere at approx INR 6300 a tyre.

If you are fine with an upsize , please also check the Yokohama ASPEC A348(the OE tyre for the Camry) in 215/60R16. I got a set of four fitted on a friend's ZXI last week and they are superb V speed rated tyres but cost INR 8k each.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2015, 13:11   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
^^ I would suggest the Apollo Accelere at approx INR 6300 a tyre.

If you are fine with an upsize , please also check the Yokohama ASPEC A348(the OE tyre for the Camry) in 215/60R16. I got a set of four fitted on a friend's ZXI last week and they are superb V speed rated tyres but cost INR 8k each.
Thanks for your suggestion, I am getting Apoolo Accelere at INR5856, since it is same as MRF pricing, I think I can go with that.
Old 1st March 2015, 15:53   #69
Senior - BHPian

I have had Goodyear Assurance for 17000 Km with zero punctures. This includes a 3500 Km trip to Ladakh earlier this summer. These tyres are really good value for money and much better than many higher priced brands.

Thread closed. Please post your queries in the existing thread - Maruti Suzuki SX4 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th May 2015 at 12:39.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed