Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2010, 12:36   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Since you have already bought the tyres I suggest not worrying now. There is no problem with Made in Thailand tyres, even most michelins which are running on so many cars are from China and Thailand. You probably might get reduced life but I think you should be fine considering the price you paid for them.

I remember reading on the other thread that it is mainly designed for the taxi segment in SA and few other places so I guess it should be pretty safe unless they are really old (try and check the manufacturing date) or damaged in transit

actually in hindsight , the price is pretty close to Apollo Accelere which would have been a better option :P
The tyres are around the 46th week of 09. So they are less than a year old and general shape is excellent. as I said earlier, the origin country being the only concern. They are for my Swift ZXI so the 185/70 stuff.

thanks

Last edited by NVI2112 : 11th June 2010 at 12:37.
Old 11th June 2010, 12:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

^ I would say not to worry then, though you can wait for the experts
Old 11th June 2010, 12:43   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
^ I would say not to worry then, though you can wait for the experts
Thank your sir.

Will observe for any drastic change in the tyre condition and accordingly change it over again.
Old 11th June 2010, 13:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

Do you have the model name/ number-Potenza or ER60?
Old 11th June 2010, 13:53   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Do you have the model name/ number-Potenza or ER60?
did not get you. I have purchased the Bridgestone Taxi Premium. The dealer said since Potenza creates road noice he was not sure if I might like them. and I kind of agreed, that I will rather want a smooth ride.
Old 11th June 2010, 15:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVI2112 View Post

When his guys were at work only I noticed the writings on the tyres "Made in Thailand" and "Taxi Premium". I spoke to him and he said it does not matter and according to his experience they are good and even better tyres than JK as they are from Bridgestone and the country does not really matter.
Narayanan,

1. These are tires made specifically for the taxi trade by Bridgestone. You can see large numbers of taxis in Thailand, Malaysia etc running on these.

2. These could be grey market imports unless Bridgestone has started importing them and selling these here.

3. For the taxi trade mileage is the most important criteria so these might last a while.

On the safety front well these tires are meant primarily for in city use. As long as you do not take long sustained highway drives these should be ok. The tire dealer may argue that taxis regularly ply long distances etc. Do remember that is the case here in our country and not in Thailand where Taxis are meant primarily for in city travel on comparatively better paved roads. I am not saying that the tire will burst open on the first long trip but the fact is that these days tire companies play around with the rubber compounds with certain specific targets in mind and we have to take that into consideration.

If you can read the complete tire spec off the side wall and post it here. It will allow us to find out the speed rating and load index for this model. A photo or two would also help.
Old 11th June 2010, 15:57   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Narayanan,

1. These are tires made specifically for the taxi trade by Bridgestone. You can see large numbers of taxis in Thailand, Malaysia etc running on these.

2. These could be grey market imports unless Bridgestone has started importing them and selling these here.

3. For the taxi trade mileage is the most important criteria so these might last a while.

On the safety front well these tires are meant primarily for in city use. As long as you do not take long sustained highway drives these should be ok. The tire dealer may argue that taxis regularly ply long distances etc. Do remember that is the case here in our country and not in Thailand where Taxis are meant primarily for in city travel on comparatively better paved roads. I am not saying that the tire will burst open on the first long trip but the fact is that these days tire companies play around with the rubber compounds with certain specific targets in mind and we have to take that into consideration.

If you can read the complete tire spec off the side wall and post it here. It will allow us to find out the speed rating and load index for this model. A photo or two would also help.
Hi Khoj,

185/70 R14 88H

Is this what you wanted?

Will try to post the tyre pic if required tomorrow as now it will be a little muddy.

Regards,
Old 31st December 2010, 15:22   #23
Team-BHP Support

Re: "Bridgestone Taxi Premium" Have you seen these tyres?

I have these on my Accent (replacements for stock Bridgestone rubber after 53k+ kms. Done 6k kms on them. Here are my observations:

1. Ride is a bit on the firmer side (not much, and definitely not bumpy). The tyres do seem tougher, but that might not necessarily be a bad thing. No punctures till date.

2. High-speed stability is excellent. I've done speeds upto 160 kmph on open/empty stretches of NICE road (Bangalore) and the by-pass sections on the Bhopal-Indore route (M.P.), and the car behaves well (at par or better than stock Bridgestone tyres). Brakes pretty linearly from reasonable speeds (100-110 kmph). Never been in an emergency braking situation with them yet.

3. No discernible improvement in FE. All dealer claims of high FE are hogwash. Properly inflated/maintained tires and a reasonably smooth driving style are your best bet for good FE. I use Nitrogen for the tires,as it maintains pressure well (needs a check only once every 6 months and even then, I don't need a top up most times). I do a complete deflate/inflate cycle for all 5 tires once a year with Nitrogen. Maintaining consistent tire pressure goes a long way in ensuring tire life and avoid uneven wear.

4. No visible signs of unusual damage/wear & tear. I get the tires checked every 5k kms looking for unusual stuff, just to avoid nasty surprises out on the road

They're stock size. I'll post the exact spec later (Need to take a look).

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 31st December 2010 at 15:30.
Old 30th March 2012, 17:11   #24
BHPian

I am using Bridgestone Taxi Premium for the last 10,000 Kms on Ritz VDI.

1) Used extensively on expressways and in rural roads.

2) Have done speeds over 150 kmph.

3) No punctures till date.

4) Car feels nicely planted on road, never get uneasy feel of skidding while cornering.

5) Very low to no road noise.

6) No sign of even the slightest wear & tear in the past 10k Kms.

7) Even when I have up-sized from original JK 165 to Bridgestone 185, no drop in mileage whatsoever.

8) Car feels very sturdy and wheels feel tough on unpaved roads.

Overall very happy with these ones.

Last edited by TaurusAl : 30th March 2012 at 17:13.
Old 30th March 2012, 17:57   #25
BHPian

Hi ,

I am planning to upgrade the tires for my Vista QJD this month. Are "Bridgestone Taxi Premium" tyres available for the below specification ?

175/65 R 14
Old 1st July 2012, 19:42   #26
BHPian

These tyres are now availale in india as well. The b'stone india website mentions these as Premium Cab tyres. For 235/70 16 size, these are around 1K cheaper than the only other option - Dueler H/Ts. Havent read too many great reviews of the duelers. So, if durability and value for money is your concern, these dont seem too bad.
Old 24th May 2014, 10:59   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@tan2s@int View Post
Hi ,

I am planning to upgrade the tires for my Vista QJD this month. Are "Bridgestone Taxi Premium" tyres available for the below specification ?

175/65 R 14
Pulling up an old thread, what tyres did you go for, for replacing the stock tyres in your Indica Vista QJD?

And based on your experience with the tyres; can you please provide feedback on the quality of drive, smoothness, stability, reliability etc?

Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks