Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2007, 00:36   #1
IMP
BHPian

"Bridgestone Taxi Premium" Have you seen these tyres?

Saw an Accent with these tyres - BRIDGESTONE TAXI PREMIUM 175/70R13, i've never heard of them before, so did a quick search, and found out that they are available in thailand. :: COCKPITONLINE.COM ::
are these available in india? any info guys?
I wonder how many people would like their tyres shouting Taxi Premium, and are these really Bridgestones??

Old 14th May 2007, 03:55   #2
BHPian

yup that caters to the huge light commercial vehicle and taxi segment.check this out....

Tyre Catalogue :. Bridgestone South Africa=
Old 14th May 2007, 12:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorkats View Post
yup that caters to the huge light commercial vehicle and taxi segment.check this out....

Tyre Catalogue :. Bridgestone South Africa=
I dont think this is the above mentioned Bridgestone Taxi Premium
Old 14th May 2007, 13:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

Well, if you think of the movie Taxi & then think Taxi premium, you may not feel that bad. LOL
Old 14th May 2007, 18:13   #5
Senior - BHPian

Probably hard like stone, designed to last 100,000 kms.

Last edited by Mpower : 15th May 2007 at 02:12.
Old 14th May 2007, 23:55   #6
Senior - BHPian

They aren't officially available in India so must be grey imports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Probably hard line stone, designed to last 100,000 kms.
Bingo!! That's their correct description! And I also think they would be quite similar to MRF's available here!!
Old 15th May 2007, 00:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

But the MRFs do not last 100k Kms. I think these are the same tyres that are badged S322 or something like that over here.
Old 20th March 2010, 14:25   #8
BHPian

Heard from a dealer in JC Road that Taxi Premium is recently launched in india. The price for 175/70 R13 was quated as Rs 2760 as introductory offer. Any feedback about this tyre. Appolo Accelere same size is Rs 2750 and Michilen XM1+ is Rs 3000 with that dealer . is the prices resonable. Which one should i select for my OHC stock RIM
Old 20th March 2010, 16:56   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
But the MRFs do not last 100k Kms.
At least 75K km AFAIK. But 100K is possible. Goodyear Duraplus lasts for 100K kms
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_pm View Post
Heard from a dealer in JC Road that Taxi Premium is recently launched in india. The price for 175/70 R13 was quated as Rs 2760 as introductory offer. Any feedback about this tyre. Appolo Accelere same size is Rs 2750 and Michilen XM1+ is Rs 3000 with that dealer . is the prices resonable. Which one should i select for my OHC stock RIM
Appollo looks to be the best bet here.
Old 3rd June 2010, 17:14   #10
BHPian

I changed my tyres to the Bridgestone Taxi Premium for 3100/- yesterday. The feel does seem to be good. The dealer said it will not make the road noice as compared to the Potenze. Though no warrenty... In my ride till now, they seemed to be good. let me wait and see how the story goes.
Old 10th June 2010, 16:59   #11
BHPian

A question too late - Bridgestone "Taxi Premium" tyres??

I have been reading the blogs of Team-BHP for close to two years but still am confused if I have made a mistake in choosing my tyres.

about a fortnight back I had gone to change my tyres based from the earlier JK Vectra. After discussing with the vendor, I agreed with the Bridgestone recommended by him for 3100/- a piece ( i changed all 4).

When his guys were at work only I noticed the writings on the tyres "Made in Thailand" and "Taxi Premium". I spoke to him and he said it does not matter and according to his experience they are good and even better tyres than JK as they are from Bridgestone and the country does not really matter.

Over the past few days just a li'll troubled mind made me come to the blog again to ask this question - "Is it safe to ride with it?"

My experience till now, mainly in city has been fine with it. Max speed that I have managed to achieve has been like 60-70km/hr and the ride has been smooth. Have not got an opportunity to take it even on the Western/eastern expressway.

What do you recommend I should do after being 12,400/- down in my pockets? again

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th June 2010 at 20:15. Reason: Removing extra smiley. Two smileys max please.
Old 11th June 2010, 11:34   #12
BHPian

friends,

Repeating my question in my earlier post in a more focused manner:

1) Is it safe to drive about in a car where the tyres have not been made in India and also they themselves do not appear to be too popular?
2) Most of my ride will be in the city.
3) When I find myself in the easter express highway/Mumbai-Pune highway generally allow myself to a reasonable high speed (about 100-120) which was pretty fine even in my earlier partially worn out JK Vectra.
4) To add to the above point#3, always when I am travelling out am accompanied by wife and kids.
5) Till now in my in-city rides find no particular difference and the ride has been pretty smooth.

help appreciated,
Thanks
Old 11th June 2010, 12:04   #13
SDP
Team-BHP Support

I still do not understand your line of thinking behind your concern:
1. Have you heard/read anything negative about this particular model and make of tyres?
2. What's wrong with 'Made in Thailand'?
Old 11th June 2010, 12:24   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
I still do not understand your line of thinking behind your concern:
1. Have you heard/read anything negative about this particular model and make of tyres?
2. What's wrong with 'Made in Thailand'?

The concerns being as follows:
1) For the Point#1, I really have not read any review about this tyres. I had originally intended to buy the Potenza but dropped the idea when the dealer said it has more of road noice and is more for enthusiast and might really matter to a person who drives for his daily hum-drum and rare long drive use. Only when they were working on my car did I see that the tyres were Made in Thailand! and he brushed that aside stating that is inconsiquential.

2) The fact that I read AFTER I purchased the tyres, that it is advisable to buy tyres made in India as they would have taken into consideration the local road conditions. I should have probably put in a post earlier to get an advice :(

If generally based on the experts opinions, i can continue to use these wheels , it is fine. Else, will really not be left with an option but to change the wheels.

Thanks,
Old 11th June 2010, 12:31   #15
Senior - BHPian

Since you have already bought the tyres I suggest not worrying now. There is no problem with Made in Thailand tyres, even most michelins which are running on so many cars are from China and Thailand. You probably might get reduced life but I think you should be fine considering the price you paid for them.

I remember reading on the other thread that it is mainly designed for the taxi segment in SA and few other places so I guess it should be pretty safe unless they are really old (try and check the manufacturing date) or damaged in transit

actually in hindsight , the price is pretty close to Apollo Accelere which would have been a better option :P

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks