Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2014, 10:15   #46
Team-BHP Support

re: Alloy Wheel - Center Caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
None of the wheel caps match the pattern of the stock cap. The stock cap is not plain but has raised edges where the cap meets the wheel. I tried all these links before I posted my query here.

Thanks for your effort
Apologies if my post came across as a bit brash! I was only trying to help.

Rs. 900 for one cap is grossly expensive since VW charges Rs. 500 (and thereabouts) for one replacement cap. If you can post a clear image of the cap, that would be really helpful. Did you check all the links for the Hyundai caps from AliExpress? All the caps have a convex shape with the logo at the center bulging out a bit.

AliExpress - hyundai wheel center cap search

Besides, the dealer would ship the caps in a pack of 4 so you could replace the rest of the caps if you cannot find the stock replacement cap. Do cross check with an alternate Hyundai service center for the pricing.
Old 6th May 2014, 10:47   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Apologies if my post came across as a bit brash! I was only trying to help.

Rs. 900 for one cap is grossly expensive since VW charges Rs. 500 (and thereabouts) for one replacement cap. If you can post a clear image of the cap, that would be really helpful. Did you check all the links for the Hyundai caps from AliExpress? All the caps have a convex shape with the logo at the center bulging out a bit.

AliExpress - hyundai wheel center cap search

Besides, the dealer would ship the caps in a pack of 4 so you could replace the rest of the caps if you cannot find the stock replacement cap. Do cross check with an alternate Hyundai service center for the pricing.

Thank you mate. Will post a pic soon. Mean while i will check with another dealer too!
Old 8th May 2014, 12:49   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Did you get your cap? I was not aware of this thread, and had a similar need a couple of months ago. I finally found the Ford Service Center stocking it. I paid Rs 350 for a set of 2. You can see the picture in my long-term ownership thread of the Fiesta. My alloy wheel's design is slightly different though it is a stock Ford alloy. See post # 473 in the link below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-6-sxi-32.html
No, I did not get the cap. I have these GTR alloys with the sports badge. The same set of alloys are there in the shop with a different cap (silver in color, not black) and I am ready to buy those but the shopkeeper says that he cannot sell them alone. The last resort for me is to search for them in JC road, Bangalore. ebay.uk had some caps with the same dimension but they cost a bomb.
Old 19th July 2016, 20:28   #49
BHPian

Hi,
Lost one centre cap on my alloys.. Bought one with the same measurement from Ali express but does not fit. PM me if any one of you wants it, you can take it after trying it out on your wheels..
Attached Thumbnails
Alloy Wheel - Center Caps-img_20160719_202738.jpg  

Starscream1188 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 14:28   #50
BHPian

Hi does anyone know from where I can source centre caps for a zen carbon ? I believe their the same as the ones on the old balleno. Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 14:35   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrariwell View Post
Hi does anyone know from where I can source centre caps for a zen carbon ? I believe their the same as the ones on the old balleno. Thanks
Kindly post on the MGP query thread. Will reply as soon as possible.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...st-pg-1-a.html

Last edited by Leoshashi : 11th August 2017 at 14:36.
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2017, 15:30   #52
BHPian

Lost the hub cap of one of the alloy wheel on my XUV. Have been scouting around for the same for long and was not able to get one till date. Though my alloy's were of a genuine accessory of Mahindra, even they say that they cannot procure only the hub cap. In a fix now as to what to do!!!

Alloy Wheel - Center Caps-alloy.jpg
Old 31st August 2017, 10:10   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueTwist View Post
Lost the hub cap of one of the alloy wheel on my XUV. Have been scouting around for the same for long and was not able to get one till date. Though my alloy's were of a genuine accessory of Mahindra, even they say that they cannot procure only the hub cap. In a fix now as to what to do!!!

Attachment 1666202
Hi, I am in the same position as of yours. But I have lost 3 caps on my XUV. Please let me know if come across any vendor selling wheel caps.

Thanks in advance!
Old 6th October 2017, 20:26   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy View Post
Hi, I am in the same position as of yours. But I have lost 3 caps on my XUV. Please let me know if come across any vendor selling wheel caps.

Thanks in advance!
Found one dealer who is based out of Delhi and is willing to ship the hub caps of XUV500 alloys. Had a conversation with him over a chat and he confirmed that he has got hub caps of both the original alloys and the aftermarket speed alloys (Genuine Mahindra Accessory). He is quoting about 2.2k for a set of 4 hub caps and not budging to come down on price. You can get in touch with him on WhatsApp - 9599231822 (Mohd Shuaib. I am yet to place my order and request you to please make you own checks before placing your order.
Old 7th October 2017, 01:15   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueTwist View Post
Found one dealer who is based out of Delhi and is willing to ship the hub caps of XUV500 alloys. Had a conversation with him over a chat and he confirmed that he has got hub caps of both the original alloys and the aftermarket speed alloys (Genuine Mahindra Accessory). He is quoting about 2.2k for a set of 4 hub caps and not budging to come down on price. You can get in touch with him on WhatsApp - 9599231822 (Mohd Shuaib. I am yet to place my order and request you to please make you own checks before placing your order.
Thanks a ton TorqueTwist. Let me speak to him and come back to you. BTW how many caps do you need?
car_crazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 11:04   #56
BHPian

I am in need of just one hub cap for my Speed Alloy Wheel. The dealer was willing to sell 4 hub caps as a set for 2.2k and he shared his bank details(ICICI Bank, Daryaganj Branch) to transfer the amount.
Old 1st February 2018, 15:22   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
I thought he said, "Alloy Wheel Cap", so maybe it's this.

The stock 14" Alloy wheel is from Aura.
The so-called centre-cap is merely a rear-printed transparent PVC sticker with Suzuki's oriental-font "S" monogram. A vandal can easily peel it off.
What is the size of the centre caps of the Baleno stock alloys? 60mm / 56mm ?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 1st February 2018 at 15:38. Reason: image removed from quote
Old 6th February 2019, 22:06   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Posting this info, in case it helps any M800/Zen 3 door/Esteem/Baleno/WagonR Primea owner:

Alloy Wheel - Center Caps-20190201_183442.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2020, 14:18   #59
BHPian

Lost my MOMO alloy wheels hub cap on one wheel. What are my options? , experienced people, please respond.
With aliexpress out of question, I am not sure which doors to knock, living in Chennai.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Alloy Wheel - Center Caps-20141222_110510.jpg  

Old 5th June 2020, 09:44   #60
BHPian

Re: Alloy Wheel - Center Caps

Just an update!

Alloy wheel hub cap source has been identified. The LAL tyres where I had got the MOMO Italy wheels, have promised to get me the hub cap, single piece at Rs. 750/-.

Meanwhile contacted Sai Mag Wheels, they were quick to respond, but offered the same for Rs. 2,000/-(courier charge inclusive), I think they are in some hurry to make up for the lockdown loss.

I suggest it is better to wait for couple of months before planning any buy.
Visaster is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks