Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2021, 18:29   #1
BHPian

Tyres for sale at dealership although not listed on website of tyre manufacturer.

Dear BHPians,

I was on the lookout to replace the Michelin P3ST tyres of my 2017 Honda BRV petrol which had run over 45000 Kms (size 195/60R16).
Had primarily shortlisted Michelin P4ST, Bridgestone Turanza T001 and Continental tyres apart from the reserve brands like Yokohama, MRF and Ceat, if the primary weren't available. I was not willing to upsize because of steering and axle oil seals leaking in some cases.
To my astonishment I found that for the past atleast one year Bridgestone Turanza T001 and Continental tyres had not listed the size 195/60R16 on their official websites (I considered it out of production) but were available for sale at their dealerships and that too recently manufactured tyres.

Tyres for sale at dealership although not listed on website of tyre manufacturer.-img_20211205_142244.jpg
Continental tyres does not lists this size on their official website as a UC6 model but i found it at their authorised dealer and that too recently manufactured. The said Continental dealer was ready to supply me 5 tyres of this size from the recently manufactured lot after September'21.

Tyres for sale at dealership although not listed on website of tyre manufacturer.-img_20211208_083010.jpg
Similarly the Bridgestone Turanza T001 of the size 195/60R16 is not listed on its official website for the past one year but i found these tyres manufactured in the 1st week of October'21 on sale at Bridgestone's authorized dealer. I purchased 5 of them @ Rs.7700/tyre yesterday.
Tyres for sale at dealership although not listed on website of tyre manufacturer.-img_20211207_185732.jpg

Since I couldn't get my hands on Michelin P4ST as the official website has stopped displaying names and addresses of it's authorized dealers around my place I grabbed the Bridgestone Turanza T001 which was my second priority tyre at...
Tyres for sale at dealership although not listed on website of tyre manufacturer.-img_20211208_175747.jpg

And together with the new set of 5 Turanza T001 tyres I added the TREEL's TPMS for sale by JK Tyres @ Rs. 900/sensor (on bargain).
Tyres for sale at dealership although not listed on website of tyre manufacturer.-img_20211207_175243.jpg
The TREEL TPMS internal sensors were quick to get connected to the mobile app via Bluetooth and show air-pressure and temperature readings instantly.
Tyres for sale at dealership although not listed on website of tyre manufacturer.-img_20211208_183622.jpg

Tyres for sale at dealership although not listed on website of tyre manufacturer.-img_20211208_083500.jpg
The new set of Bridgestone Turanza T001 rubbers are soft, supple, rubbery-smell filled the garage and giving +ve grippy feel at the steering while driving.

Tyres for sale at dealership although not listed on website of tyre manufacturer.-img_20211208_095904.jpg
The outgoing Michelin P3ST had sufficient tread left on them to last atleast 15000 more kms but the rubber had gone hard, road noise and insecure feeling for spot brake application on village mud-roads had begun to show.

Hence, the tyres we prefer need not be shown as available on the manufacturer's official website but the same can be available at the authorized tyre dealer.
My dealer has assured me that for the next one year there would not be shortage of warranty replacement tyres of the same size and model.

Thank you for your patient reading

Last edited by Sushil Pingua : 8th December 2021 at 18:59. Reason: Added pic of tpms sensor reading.
Sushil Pingua is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 12:21   #2
BHPian

Re: Tyres for sale at dealership although not listed on website of tyre manufacturer.

First of all we should applaud Honda for giving such a good quality Michelin tyre as OE fitment, many companies do severe cost cutting in this vital department of tyres. My recently purchased Hyundai Tucson which costed me well over 30L OTR gave me cheap quality Nexen tyres the flaws of which has already been well documented in a respective thread. I'm highly thinking to change these tyres as soon as possible.

I request you to keep us updated about these new Turanza T001 tyres. As far as I know many people are dissatisfied with the performance of the same as common complains about these tyres are loose wet grip and higher decibel levels, many of the Crysta owners aren't satisfied with these tyres which Toyota gave as OE fitment and change them to Michelins. Thank you!
Tony2298 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 13:28   #3
BHPian

Re: Tyres for sale at dealership although not listed on website of tyre manufacturer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony2298 View Post
First of all we should applaud Honda for giving such a good quality Michelin tyre as OE fitment, many companies do severe cost cutting in this vital department of tyres. My recently purchased Hyundai Tucson which costed me well over 30L OTR gave me cheap quality Nexen tyres the flaws of which has already been well documented in a respective thread. I'm highly thinking to change these tyres as soon as possible.

I request you to keep us updated about these new Turanza T001 tyres. As far as I know many people are dissatisfied with the performance of the same as common complains about these tyres are loose wet grip and higher decibel levels, many of the Crysta owners aren't satisfied with these tyres which Toyota gave as OE fitment and change them to Michelins. Thank you!
Dear Brother,

I agree with you on Honda giving the best OEM tyres for the BRV and also that Hyundai should discontinue the Nexen/Kumho tyres it offers as OEM on its vehicles.

Tucson is certainly a marvel, which I acknowledge to be above the Jeep Compass. Congratulations on your new possession

Bridgestone gives Ecopia as standard OEM in most of the cars. Ecopia is a hard compound tyre which goes hard soon and gives lot of road noise. It is basically a budget tyre. Lots of negative reviews about Ecopia are from Australia which has similar climatic conditions like India. It is actually Ecopia which has bought negative reviews about Bridgestone. Bridgestone is the highest selling tyre in Australia.

Turanza performs best when the recommended tyre pressure is filled, as mentioned on the sticker placed in driver-side door-jam. The people who complain about wet grip and higher decibels from Turanza most certainly are well over the recommended air-pressure in their tyres. To keep myself updated about the air-pressure not exceeding the recommended limit in my Turanza T001, I'm using two (manual & electronic) separate air-pressure gauges apart from the Internal-TPMS.

Turanza T001 has increased the gap between tread/grooves in its tyres to allow grippy passage over wet surfaces.

Michelin are the best tyres we have seen in India. if one could get their hands on the right sized Michelin tyres as recommended by vehicle manufacturer, then it is the best buy. I would rate Bridgestone Turanza second after Michelin P4ST.

Enjoy and drive safe.

Last edited by Aditya : 13th December 2021 at 05:15. Reason: Punctuation
Sushil Pingua is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 15:42   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushil Pingua View Post
Dear Brother,

I agree with you on Honda giving the best OEM tyres for the BRV.
And also that Hyundai should discontinue the Nexen/Kumho tyres it offers as OEM on its vehicles.

Tucson is certainly a marvel which I acknowledge to be above the Jeep Compass. Congratulations on your new possession

Bridgestone gives Ecopia as standard OEM in most of the cars. Ecopia is a hard compound tyre which goes hard soon and gives lot of road noise, it is basically a budget tyre. Lots of negative reviews about Ecopia are from Australia which has similar climatic conditions like India. It is actually Ecopia which has bought -ve reviews about Bridgestone. Bridgestone is the highest selling tyre in Australia.

Turanza performs best when the recommended tyre pressure is filled, as mentioned on the sticker placed in driver-side door-jam. The people who complain about wet grip and higher decibels from Turanza most certainly were well over the recommended air-pressure in their tyres. To keep myself updated about the air-pressure not exceeding the recommended limit in my Turanza T001 I'm using two (manual & electronic) separate air-pressure gauges apart from the Internal-TPMS.
Turanza T001 has increased the gap between tread/grooves in its tyres to allow grippy passage over wet surfaces.

Michelin are the best tyres we have seen in India, if one could get their hands on the right sized Michelin tyres as recommended by vehicle manufacturer then it is the best buy. I would rate Bridgestone Turanza second after Michelin P4ST.

Enjoy and drive safe.
First of all thank you very much for your appreciation for Tucson, most of the people just disregard it by saying it's old and outdated but no one realises that this SUV is actually one of the better cars to be sold by Hyundai in India.

Yes, I do agree that the Ecopias have brought bad name for Bridgestone, TBH they feel more like Ceats and MRFs than Bridgestone, I myself use Bridgestone B290s for my i20 and IMHO they are the best tyres for Indian cars, extremely well judged compound which is grippy as well as provides long life span. Ecopias in comparison just pale and I shall never recommend those tyres.

Your insight on Turanza just gave me much needed peace of mind to me as I already mentioned that my Tucson will demand a tyre replacement sooner or later and the size which is available is extremely rare 225/55 R18 and only Turanza T001 is available in India for that size and I was a bit wary on getting those as the feedback I got for Turanzas weren't confidence inspiring and I was absolutely not willing to make any compromise for my car! Thank you!

Last edited by Aditya : 13th December 2021 at 06:02. Reason: Non forum smiley deleted
Tony2298 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 10:28   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Your insight on Turanza just gave me much needed peace of mind to me as I already mentioned that my Tucson will demand a tyre replacement sooner or later and the size which is available is extremely rare 225/55 R18 and only Turanza T001 is available in India for that size
Hi Tony2298, kind of stumbled on your post. In case you are looking for more peace of mind, Turanzas are getting very good feedback in general. I heard from one user that he is using it on his X1 and is pretty happy with the performance. See this thread;

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...-wheels-5.html (Completely fed up of damaging my 18" rims | Bought an extra full set of wheels)

I know the pain with 225 55R18 tyre size as it's the stock size in Compass as well. But we get Turanzas which are much better than Nexens going by the feedback from this forum. My running has been too less to give any feedback personally but so far they have been really good. Do keep us posted as well if you find any other good options for this tyre size
Rookie_Jeeper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 15:42   #6
BHPian

Quote:

I have in the past 2 months driven around 2500 kms on the new Bridgestone Turanza T001 tyres. Out of which around 100 kms on pure off-roads of Elephant Reserve Forest in West Bengal (I have posted a Travelogue on it).

The secret to enjoying the Turanza tyres is maintaining air-pressure as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. My Honda recommends 32 psi in all wheels, I have kept 31 psi cold air pressure checked in early morning. At this pressure the tyres are performing very comfy and grippy over all kinds of surface. Till now no air leaks or puncture issues (touchwood).

Initially I kept the cold air tyre pressure at 35-36 psi and was experiencing bumpy drive. I usually drive with maximum 2 people (including me) in my car.
1 psi cold air-pressure below the recommended is working very well for my car. Moreover, the cold air-pressure is 31 psi but as the I drive ahead the air-pressure automatically reaches 34/35 psi as shown in my TPMS reading. I have filled nitrogen in the tyres but I do not guarantee benefits of nitrogen over normal air. Nitrogen was available near my place so filled it.

The quality of drive is smooth and silent over asphalt. Suspension is also giving comfy effect in coordination with the Turanza.

Last edited by Sushil Pingua : 18th February 2022 at 15:43. Reason: proof-read
Sushil Pingua is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 15:24   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie_Jeeper View Post
Hi Tony2298,
. Do keep us posted as well if you find any other good options for this tyre size
It's been quite a long time since I last visited here. My Tucson has run for almost 30k kms and even though the tyres are in top shape but just to gather some info I did some net surfing on new tyres and upon searching I stumbled upon a new brand which offers tyres in the weird 225/55R18 size(same as my Tucson and your Jeep). The brand in question is Vredestein, its a Netherland based company and is acquired by Apollo tyres since 2009, upon research they look really promising and are quite affordable too, leaving a link for the same, https://www.tyremarket.com/Vredestei...102-Y-Car-Tyre

Happy motoring!
Tony2298 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 15:53   #8
BHPian

Quote:
The brand in question is Vredestein,
Thanks! Good to know. My Turanzas have also held up well.

Yes, I am aware about the Vredestein Ultrac Vorti. Hopefully we'll see some feedback on these on Team bhp soon.
Old 20th December 2022, 15:18   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie_Jeeper View Post
Thanks! Good to know. My Turanzas have also held up well.

Yes, I am aware about the Vredestein Ultrac Vorti. Hopefully we'll see some feedback on these on Team bhp soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramprakashr View Post
Changed my Nexens to Vredestein Ultrac Vorti 225/55/R18 yesterday. Many thanks to BHPian RubberGuru1113 for reinstating the confidence on the Vredesteins.

The nexens were so very bad - inspite of the alignment, balancing and rotation every 7500kms. Two of the four tyres had 3 punctures each.

Drove a good 100kms with the Vredesteins. I understand the comparison might be odd given I'm comparing an old tyre to a brand new one, but the ride quality has improved multifold. The road noise has completely gone and there is good traction. Hope the vredesteins serve me well!
Hello, linking a review of the Vredesteins from a fellow BHPian with a Tucson
RubberGuru1113 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks