Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2022, 10:57   #46
BHPian

Re: SUV tyres for Indian Roads - Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
Not yet.
But go for Apterra or Conti - both H/T models
I finally went for Goodyear Wrangler AT SilentTrec few months back. Driven around 10k so far, including a trip to Char Dham (UK) from Pune. I am happy with the tyres, they are a bit on a softer side with excellent grip (even on wet roads) and minimum road noise. Just thought of putting it here in case anybody wants to consider these tyres. Definitely worth considering.
sumalkar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 10:37   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumalkar View Post
I finally went for Goodyear Wrangler AT SilentTrec few months back. Driven around 10k so far, including a trip to Char Dham (UK) from Pune. I am happy with the tyres, they are a bit on a softer side with excellent grip (even on wet roads) and minimum road noise. Just thought of putting it here in case anybody wants to consider these tyres. Definitely worth considering.
The problem with Goodyear IN INDIA is poor quality. And that is why it's the cheapest here. All of the tyre dealers (whomever I spoke to) including my friend who is in the tyre business for decades explicitly did not recommend Goodyear for this reason. So it's a NO NO for Goodyear.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 11:06   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Not yet.
But go for Apterra or Conti - both H/T models
Quote:
The problem with Goodyear IN INDIA is poor quality. And that is why it's the cheapest here. All of the tyre dealers (whomever I spoke to) including my friend who is in the tyre business for decades explicitly did not recommend Goodyear for this reason. So it's a NO NO for Goodyear.
One point to note though - if Tata provided GoodYear tyres with Harrier as stock tyres (at least with XZ 2019 model) then there must be a good reason for that. My stock tyres lasted more than 40k km and supported me pretty well even during Leh/Ladakh circuit.

Please note that I am just putting my experience and view here
Old 8th August 2022, 15:35   #49
BANNED

I got Apollo Apterra AT2s for my Gypsy and very much happy with these tyres. Low road noise, good ride quality! In fact I like them better than my earlier Yokohama Geolander G104s!! Better sidewall than the Yokos too so peace of mind...
Ragul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 18:40   #50
BHPian

After all the checks and inquiries on the availability of Michelin's, I got the new shoes for my Harrier. Yes, it is Michelin Primacy SUV+.

My next choice was Conti CCLX2 if Michelin's were not available.
Old 18th October 2022, 18:57   #51
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
I got Apollo Apterra AT2s for my Gypsy and very much happy with these tyres. Low road noise, good ride quality! In fact I like them better than my earlier Yokohama Geolander G104s!! Better sidewall than the Yokos too so peace of mind...
What size did you buy?
Old 19th October 2022, 21:39   #52
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
What size did you buy?
225/70/R15. Will post some pics in the Gypsy pics thread next week if I am free.
Old 27th February 2023, 12:03   #53
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
After all the checks and inquiries on the availability of Michelin's, I got the new shoes for my Harrier. Yes, it is Michelin Primacy SUV+.

My next choice was Conti CCLX2 if Michelin's were not available.
How’s the experience ? I am thinking of getting a set of primacy SUV+ as well. How much did you pay for the set of 4 ?

My car has done 8K but I am not happy with the stock tyres. Is is worth upgrading? Got a shameful quote of 10K for my old ones by the Michelin dealer.
Old 27th February 2023, 13:24   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousnewbie View Post
How’s the experience ? I am thinking of getting a set of primacy SUV+ as well. How much did you pay for the set of 4 ?

My car has done 8K but I am not happy with the stock tyres. Is is worth upgrading? Got a shameful quote of 10K for my old ones by the Michelin dealer.
I used it for quite some time before I sold my car. Michelin is the benchmark in most of the parameters - nothing is better than Michelin in this segment in India. I paid 56K for 4 including balancing and alignment.
Since you've already done 8K km, I do not advise you to replace it because only 10K for the old tires doesn't make sense at all - either you should have changed immediately (<500 km) or use it for as long as you can.
Old 11th March 2023, 16:12   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
I was checking out the geolandar for a Jeep Compass limited 4x4, but the available tire sizes looks to be too large as per Yokohamas Indian website. 225/60/17 for my stock tires vs. 235/65/17 offered by yokohama (+5% which is too large). Is the website outdated or is this a limitation for them?
you can put in a Geolander AT with ease on a compass, it will definitely increase the capability of the vehicle and you will gain additional 17mm in GC...you can also put in Michelin LTX Trail, it will further improve your ride quality.
whoistij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 07:57   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoistij View Post
you can put in a Geolander AT with ease on a compass, it will definitely increase the capability of the vehicle and you will gain additional 17mm in GC...you can also put in Michelin LTX Trail, it will further improve your ride quality.
Thanks, but isn’t the recommendation always to go for changes within 3% of OEM? It would be 5% here.
Old 4th April 2023, 16:49   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
Thanks, but isn’t the recommendation always to go for changes within 3% of OEM? It would be 5% here.
Yes I had the same concern but I have been running this set up for more then 18 months now and it has never given me any problems In terms of dynamics. The ride quality has greatly improved due to taller sidewalls
whoistij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 17:19   #58

I was looking for H/T for my Safari (235/60R18) What is the difference between Michelin Primacy SUV+ and Michelin Pilot Sport 4 SUV? Which one is better for H/T?
Old 9th April 2023, 22:04   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidzPolo View Post
I was looking for H/T for my Safari (235/60R18) What is the difference between Michelin Primacy SUV+ and Michelin Pilot Sport 4 SUV? Which one is better for H/T?
I have the Primacy SUV+ on my XUV700 AWD and would definitely recommend them - it has definitely helped smoothen out my city ride in pothole filled Bangalore roads and I would recommend them specially for cars with slightly stiffer suspensions. They are super silent and grippier on highways.

They are on the pricier side and at the time of my purchase was almost same price as Pilot Sport but I opted for the Primacy SUV+ for below reasons. (Comfort and a silent ride were my top requirements)
  • I was told pilot sport 4 is more performance oriented and runs a little harder/stiffer compared to Primacy SUV+.
  • The Primacy SUV+ is supposed to last/run longer.
  • If I am not wrong Pilot Sport were directional and this limited the tyre rotation pattern, not 100% sure on this but please do check on it.

Last edited by Sandegov : 9th April 2023 at 22:05.
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 21:57   #60

I am hunting for Michellin Latitude Sport 3 tyres for my VW Tiguan 235/55 R18 for the last 2 months but looks like they are nowhere in stock and no one has any idea when they will be available. Any leads would help. Or any highly recommended alternatives? Currently have Conti Sport Contact 5s. Located in blr. TIA

Most Viewed