Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2009, 22:33   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

I cant share details about the places on the public forum. Sorry. Unless the mods allow me.

I have not used this before, but have seen a lot of people using it. The display on the dashboard runs off the power from the cigarette lighter. It is basically a small box. About the size of a matchbox. It has an image of a car with 4 wheels and each wheel is lit by a small LED. Next to this image of the car, they have a bigger space for a display where numbers (for PSI and temp) are displayed. So, when the LED next to the front right tyre is lit and the display is showing 30PSI, it means the front right tyre is at a pressure of 30PSI.
Old 1st June 2009, 22:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
I cant share details about the places on the public forum. Sorry. Unless the mods allow me.

I have not used this before, but have seen a lot of people using it. The display on the dashboard runs off the power from the cigarette lighter. It is basically a small box. About the size of a matchbox. It has an image of a car with 4 wheels and each wheel is lit by a small LED. Next to this image of the car, they have a bigger space for a display where numbers (for PSI and temp) are displayed. So, when the LED next to the front right tyre is lit and the display is showing 30PSI, it means the front right tyre is at a pressure of 30PSI.
Hi Nikhil, Thanks for the details, I have sent you a PM, please respond to it.
Old 2nd June 2009, 18:13   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...You just remove the tyre from the wheel, fix the sensors to the bottom of the tubeless neck and then screw it in and fit the tyre again....
Nikhil,

How are the sensors connected to the display in the system you are talking about?

cya
R
Old 2nd June 2009, 18:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hi Nikhil, I had one more question.

Does the TPMS system needs to be calibrated ?, how we can judge the accuracy of the measurement ?, we often suspect the pressure meters used at fuel stations or tyre repair shops. is there any way we can calibate the TPMS periodically ?

thanks,
Old 2nd June 2009, 18:40   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Nikhil,

How are the sensors connected to the display in the system you are talking about?

cya
R
Radio frequency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi Nikhil, I had one more question.

Does the TPMS system needs to be calibrated ?, how we can judge the accuracy of the measurement ?, we often suspect the pressure meters used at fuel stations or tyre repair shops. is there any way we can calibate the TPMS periodically ?

thanks,
Well, there is no calibration as such that I know of. You can check the accuracy and precision by comparing it with another accurate gauge just when you are getting it installed.

BTW, I would like to correct the price. It's closer to 8k nowadays.
Old 3rd June 2009, 11:43   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
As long as you are not commercially affiliated to those shops, please go ahead.
Old 3rd June 2009, 11:55   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

I think the Tyreprobe kit is around 10k with B&W. Contact them at their Bangalore distributors; they also have a good website at:

TYREPROBE
Old 3rd June 2009, 13:37   #23
Senior - BHPian

Tyreprobe looks good, I take it the sensors need a battery to operate and when this is low it needs replacing. Would be bit of a pain to remove the tyre just to replace batteries every few months.
Old 3rd June 2009, 14:47   #24
BHPian

The batteries in the sensors apparently last for around 7 yrs. under normal usage as per the details on the website.
Old 3rd June 2009, 16:36   #25
BHPian

It'd be easier to pay your local type puncher repair guy 10K and he'll come everyday to your house and check the pressures on all 5 for all cars everyday all throughout your lifetime... Why waste money on TPM??? Get an ice upgrade instead...
Old 3rd June 2009, 16:46   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Tyreprobe looks good, I take it the sensors need a battery to operate and when this is low it needs replacing. Would be bit of a pain to remove the tyre just to replace batteries every few months.
Won't re calibration be required after change of battery? Even glucometers are to be recalibrated when battery is changed.

Last edited by janitha : 3rd June 2009 at 16:47.
Old 3rd June 2009, 18:08   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Tyreprobe is now at 8k. Not 10k.
Old 3rd June 2009, 18:20   #28
BHPian

Just bought tyre pressure monitor valve caps off ebay: eBay India: Tire Pressure Monitor Valve Stem Caps 30 PSI (item 300316395671 end time 19-Jun-2009 07:34:37 IST)

Will post a review as soon as I get them.
Old 13th June 2009, 13:35   #29
BHPian

TPMS as i understand is very essential part of the saftey aspect of your drive, it is a mandatory guage in most of the american and european countries. When on a long drive when you are crusiing on 120+, with your your ICE in full blast, you will never know what is happeining on the wheels. Most of the accidents abroad are attributed to tyre issues.
I would rate it as an important requirment onboard.
Will be getting mine soon,yet to decide to go with the tyreprobe or the tyredog. Tyreprobe has an offer at 7800. Check this out.
Old 13th June 2009, 13:54   #30
Senior - BHPian

In american/european countries, they are there to save careless idiots from themselves , and more importantly, to the car manufacturer, to reduce their liablity - Sort of like the warnings on the starbucks coffee that it is hot
. In addition, its much harder to tell if the air is low on low profile tyres used abroad. Not so much with the 80 ~65 profile tyres the majority of indians drive.

Question : Won't the wheels need to be rebalanced after adding these sensors ?

Last edited by greenhorn : 13th June 2009 at 13:57.

Most Viewed