Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2013, 21:08   #91
BHPian

Re: Onboard Tyre pressure sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post

Now a question. The rated pressure for my tyres is 35 psi.
Rated pressure is always at cold.
Old 6th November 2013, 12:20   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My question - should I underinflate the tyres when they are cold, so that the running pressure is at 35 , when they are warm. Conversely pressurise to 35 psi when warm?
Inflate tyres to recommended pressure when cold. A rise of 2-3 psi (and even 5-7 psi) on prolonged running is normal.
Old 26th May 2014, 15:19   #93
BHPian

Re: TyreProbe TPMS - 6 month review

Came across this one in one of the magazines.
http://www.steel-mate.co.in/index.html

Seems like a 2 minute job as they have described:
1. Remove your 4 plastic valve caps.
2. Screw in 4 of the pressure sensors on your existing tyre valves - no need to remove the tyre.
3. Pug the receiver + display into your 12V socket.

Well, thats pretty much it!!
Seems great but at close to INR 10k, it is a bit expensive.

Has anyone seen this? used this?

Last edited by aah78 : 30th May 2014 at 21:17. Reason: Post moved to relevant thread. Post edited.
Kaumad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 21:29   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaumad View Post
Sorry for posting on this thread, because it it not TyreProbe.
Has anyone seen this? used this?
What if someone flicks the valve cap sensor? Not useful in Indian conditions unless you have a locking mechanism in place for the valve Cap sensors

Last edited by aah78 : 30th May 2014 at 21:16. Reason: Post moved to relevant thread. Post edited.
Old 16th August 2014, 17:42   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abes View Post
A salesman for LED lights had visited my office & gave me the catalogs of all their products. The TPMS in the catalog looks exactly like the one in your photo!
I was looking for TPMS and came across this post. Called the numbers mentioned in the picture in your post, though they say this product is still under development. No ETA.

Any more BHPians who have used TPMS? Can you please share your experiences and buying details?
Old 15th October 2014, 13:53   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
I was looking for TPMS and came across this post. Called the numbers mentioned in the picture in your post, though they say this product is still under development. No ETA.

Any more BHPians who have used TPMS? Can you please share your experiences and buying details?
I have been using Tyreprobe TPMS for past 5 months and it is working fantastically well. It retails for INR 10,500 now, but was for 9,000 when I had put it on. The installation is pretty simple, but requires hooking on the sensors to the existing valves after removing the tyres. The installation is free though and they offer warranty for a year. It is a basic LED display which is connected to the 12V port and displays the tyre pressure and temperature with alarms that you can set when a specific range or pressure and/or temperature is breached.

I am thinking of a DIY with which I can use a rechargeable battery pack attached behind the LED display to power it, rather than managing the long wire running down from the 12V port. Will keep you updated in case it works or not.
AZ911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2014, 19:43   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ911 View Post

I am thinking of a DIY with which I can use a rechargeable battery pack attached behind the LED display to power it, rather than managing the long wire running down from the 12V port. Will keep you updated in case it works or not.
The wire also works as receiving antenna which picks up the wireless signals from the sensor. So, it is best to leave that as it is.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2014, 19:57   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
The wire also works as receiving antenna which picks up the wireless signals from the sensor. So, it is best to leave that as it is.
Are you sure about this? If I try with some other wire which goes to the battery instead of the 12V port, that'd not work?
Old 15th October 2014, 20:26   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure about this? If I try with some other wire which goes to the battery instead of the 12V port, that'd not work?
You need a length of wire from the power inlet of TPMS. This TPMS is a rebadged Orange P409S TPMS. I had the same one purchased from Amazon. It is clearly written in the manual that there are four wires in the power cord - green, red, black (antenna) and the silver (shield).
Download the manual from here and see yourself:
http://www.orange-electronic.com/en/orange_manual.html
Old 15th October 2014, 22:57   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You need a length of wire from the power inlet of TPMS. This TPMS is a rebadged Orange P409S TPMS. I had the same one purchased from Amazon. It is clearly written in the manual that there are four wires in the power cord - green, red, black (antenna) and the silver (shield).
Download the manual from here and see yourself:
http://www.orange-electronic.com/en/orange_manual.html
Right.
Would also be interested in your ownership experience on this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...th-review.html
Old 16th October 2014, 12:20   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Right.
Would also be interested in your ownership experience on this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...th-review.html
It was good but after 1-1/2 years the battery of the sensors started to die one at a time and buying more than two new sensors is equal to buying a new TMPS. So, I bought a new one.
Actually in the older ones (which I had) the battery supply to the sensors were always on which caused the battery to die off sooner. But the newer ones had the system in which the supply to the sensors is activated by motion. So, if the car is kept without moving for more than 10-25 minutes the supply to the sensors get cu-off thus saving and prolonging battery life.

Last edited by archat68 : 16th October 2014 at 12:25.
Old 16th October 2014, 12:25   #102
BHPian

Quote:
It was good but after 1-1/2 years the battery of the sensors started to die one at a time and buying more than two new sensors is equal to buying a new TMPS. So, I bought a new one.

I was told by the dealer that these batteries are replaceable and they usually anyway last for over 3 years. Taken for a ride? 😄
Old 16th October 2014, 13:38   #103
BHPian

Quote:
I was told by the dealer that these batteries are replaceable and they usually anyway last for over 3 years. Taken for a ride? 😄
Batteries were not replaceable in the model that I had (the whole thing was sealed with epoxy or similar resin). But in newer models batteries should last for 3 years or more.
Old 16th October 2014, 19:06   #104
BHPian

I also found a Ahmedabad based company named 'Penetrate Navigation Devices' which apparently sells a GPS cum Tpms unit. Any of you have heard of them or used that product? I am yet to hear back from them with the price and some other details like warranty, fitting etc.
Old 5th February 2015, 11:48   #105
BHPian

Hey everyone - though you'd like to know about this. Blaupunkt India has launched their own TPMS system. Plug and play, like the Steelmate one, with 4 external sensors that you can install yourselves. I'm currently reviewing it - so can also answer any questions you may have. (Disclaimer: I'm in no way connected to Blaupunkt)

Here's the box.
Onboard Tyre pressure sensors-img_20150205_093618.jpg

Price label
Onboard Tyre pressure sensors-img_20150205_093630.jpg

Onboard Tyre pressure sensors-img_20150205_093641.jpg

Onboard Tyre pressure sensors-img_20150205_093700.jpg

This is the display unit - plugs directly into the 12V socket and shows real-time pressure for all wheels.
Onboard Tyre pressure sensors-img_20150205_093750_edit.jpg

This is the 1 amp USB port behind the display. You can flip the display down and plug a phone in to charge if you like.
Onboard Tyre pressure sensors-img_20150205_093731.jpg

Here's a shot of the sensor installed on the valve. No wheel balancing is required after installation. Total installation takes only 5 minutes. Each sensor comes with a silver and a black cap and the lithium coin battery inside is user replaceable.
Onboard Tyre pressure sensors-img_20150205_094453.jpg
dynomite is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks