Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2009, 14:48   #46
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sportsmind,

Can you please post some pictures of your TPMS installation on wheels as well as on dashboard. this will help peole like me understand better

thanks
Old 12th August 2009, 15:38   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Is the 8k price for Tyreprobe in Bangalore includes the fitting? and what about the charge for Wheel balancing?

Does they do it along with it
Includes fitment. Balancing is extra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
Finally got my TPMS fitted yesterday at Madhus. 7800 for the setup, and a new refill of nitrogen. Got the whole install done in less than 30 minutes. felt as though i was in the pitstop...lol.
There is a +- of 1 psi on the monitor. I guess this is normal. Feels much secure on the wheels knowing things are going fine below, when cruising at 120-140. A must for todays drives.Cheers .
Hey! What time did you come here? Next time, ask for me!
Old 12th August 2009, 15:49   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post

Hey nikhil, guess i missed you yesterday. I was the early birdie at 9.30, shall ask for you the next time. cheers..
Old 13th August 2009, 14:06   #49
BHPian

Tyreprobe TPMS

Planning to get Tyreprobe TPMS for my Safari. I already use the lighter socket for the GPS device. Spoke to Triton folks to see if they have a mod to wire the TyreProbe display unit directly to the battery OR if they have a model that uses rechargeable AA/AAA batteries. Not at present, I was told.

So, I have to go for a lighter socket splitter. A quick check on the net revealed quite a few models - 2-way, 3-way with & without a battery analyzer.

Any idea which is a good place in Bangalore to pick one of these ?. Any info on good brand/model, price will help.

Thanks.
Old 14th August 2009, 11:56   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak-47 View Post
Planning to get Tyreprobe TPMS for my Safari. I already use the lighter socket for the GPS device. Spoke to Triton folks to see if they have a mod to wire the TyreProbe display unit directly to the battery OR if they have a model that uses rechargeable AA/AAA batteries. Not at present, I was told.

So, I have to go for a lighter socket splitter. A quick check on the net revealed quite a few models - 2-way, 3-way with & without a battery analyzer.

Any idea which is a good place in Bangalore to pick one of these ?. Any info on good brand/model, price will help.

Thanks.
I had the same issue, when i got my GPS and the TPMS. I picked up a splitter for 500 Rs from Sanjeet at Autogrid, on CBI road. Now i connect all the stuff togther, also my phone with the USB option on the splitter. yes please check the space between the socket and the first and third gear. Its not all that comfortable on the swifts short gear.

Last edited by Sportsmind : 14th August 2009 at 11:57.
Old 15th August 2009, 22:37   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
I had the same issue, when i got my GPS and the TPMS. I picked up a splitter for 500 Rs from Sanjeet at Autogrid, on CBI road. Now i connect all the stuff togther, also my phone with the USB option on the splitter. yes please check the space between the socket and the first and third gear. Its not all that comfortable on the swifts short gear.
Thanks much.

How are you planning to bring in the spare wheel (which doesn't have the sensor) into circulation ?. I guess, the rotation modes supported by TyreProbe are meant mainly for rotation amongst the 4 "active" wheels. Go back to the tyre shop, when rotation is due ?
Old 18th September 2009, 12:09   #52
Senior - BHPian

I would like to know if these sensors can be fitted only to tubeless tyres, or would suit tubed tyres as well.
Old 13th November 2009, 05:50   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I would like to know if these sensors can be fitted only to tubeless tyres, or would suit tubed tyres as well.
only tubeless tires, its mentioned on their site..
Old 24th November 2009, 23:19   #54
BHPian

Tyreprobe fitting in Hyderabad

Hello:

I am looking at getting this fitted in my Corolla. Can anyone help me with where i can get this fixed in HYderabad? and what would this cost?.

Thanks
Varghese
Old 25th November 2009, 02:35   #55
BHPian

anyone over here tried the xenos tpms ?? need some feedback regarding them..
Old 27th December 2009, 11:51   #56
BHPian

Tyre Probe in Mumbai??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post

Hi Nikhil, any idea how much the tyre probe costs in Mumbai, i tried finding the dealers on the website but the page is under construction. Thanks mate
Old 27th December 2009, 13:52   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

It should be around the same.... The prices doesnt vary from city to city.
Old 15th February 2010, 12:57   #58
BHPian

Hey Guys, can anyone of you who has this system installed in their car please take pictures of the same along with the display inside the car and post it.

That would help us understand the system much better. Thanks.
Old 21st February 2010, 11:30   #59
BHPian

Here is an image of the TPMS view. I have hooked it on to a cell phone holder. You can also paste the same on the dash.Cheers ...
Attached Thumbnails
Onboard Tyre pressure sensors-tpms1.jpg  

Old 11th February 2011, 15:33   #60

Re: Onboard Tyre pressure sensors

If anybody is looking for a professional monitoring system; I suggest you go for Orange P409S; with 4 separate LED color changing displays for 4 tires... i'v been using them for 4 yrs. No issues till date, tyreprobe is their authorized distributor in India, but they are still selling the old single display model.
If any body wants them, you will need to get it from taiwan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks