Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2010, 11:05   #91
Team-BHP Support

The 185/60 will give you adequate comfort. Do not go for higher sidewall height as it will mess with your odo and speedo readings.
That said, I am told the Yoko/Michelin have softer sidewalls, hence give more ride comfort than apollo.
Old 28th July 2010, 17:58   #92
BHPian

Have been going through various threads on Tubeless tyres since afternoon.

My Dilema - ceases to exist - the HIStyrey:

1) Have had Apolo Acceleres since 2007 Nov and have driven about 40k on them.

2) Got a sidewall tear last year on one of the tyres - bought a new one

3) Round about the same time got the wheels balanced / aligned and the Manager / Owner of Goodyear shop / store(Near Andheri Lotus Pump) mentioned that 'boss all the tyres have worn out in an uneven manner, you should get them changed'

4) Did not pay heed as getting all of them changed would mean another 10-12k down the drain and had about 30-35k on them by then with one replacement.

5) Just yesterday - got another sidewall tear on the front left side - as mentioned by the "havvawala" :(

6) Filled air in all four drove home and left the car - got to figure out how I should go about it

Am completely p****d with the way the tyres have been treating me off late and now this tear. Sorry to say but I have always had this dilema that my tyres are under-pressured - all tyres are pressured upto 30 everytime i fill air in them.

But keep getting this feeling that my tyres are not filled enough. I also have a parking which is slightly in a slanting position (inclined) in the front and do not have alloys.

Am thinking of changing all the damn 4 tyres - but will wait for your responses - cant figure out what should I be doing

Eagerly waiting for your comments.
Old 28th July 2010, 17:59   #93
BHPian

Its a INDICA Xeta - GLS
Old 29th July 2010, 10:26   #94
Team-BHP Support

Can you post pics of sidewall tears.
Also, try to fill 32PSI in all tires, and check the pressure with a "known correct" guage. I have seen, that in most petrol pumps, the tire guages are wrong. Even the "digital ones".
Old 8th November 2010, 19:28   #95
BHPian

Hi folks, recently joined team bhp as i was looking for tires for my indica v2. the Goodyear GPS2 lasted 22k. initially was thinking of Bridgestone ER60, but finally went in for Apollo Aceclere 165/65/13. also changed to alloys from steel wheels.
must say that i've noticed the following
-the handling has improved.
-the steering has become light.
-noise has reduced a lot.
-she now takes turns at higher speeds and does not feel like she will let me down.
really grateful to team bhp to help me make an informed decision.
thank you guys so much.
Old 8th November 2010, 19:50   #96
BHPian

Hi aouSsie

How many did you buy?

What price?

Where did you buy them from - tyres / rims

Did you give your old tyres?

Any discounts? I read today they are giving 1000 for exchange of old tyres
Old 8th November 2010, 22:19   #97
BHPian

hi saildrive,
very fast reply. am impressed. well got four tires+ four prestige alloys+ balancing+ alignment+ puncture repair kit+new spanner for alloys+pressure gauge- four old wheels and four tires = Rs- 21.5K after bargaining. it was the lowest quotation that i got while searching at panvel, kharghar, belapur, nerul and vashi. bot them at agarwal tires, vashi. just got them changed on saturday.
hope this is of use for you. take care.
Old 9th November 2010, 22:34   #98
BHPian

i'm adding snaps of our car after new alloys were put.
Attached Thumbnails
Indica gets the Apollo Acelere(EDIT: 2 new ones now!)-img0116a.jpg  

Old 16th November 2010, 14:20   #99
BHPian

New Tyres / Wheels for Indica Xeta

Hi Folks,
Last servicing for my Indica Xeta, I told the service station guy that there is a strange humming sound from front whenever the car crosses 40kmph. He closely examined for any lose parts and said it's allright. He rotated rear tyres with front. The sound from front was gone but now its coming from rear.
On closer inspection I found the wheel rim is bent slightly. I brought this to his notice and he said its alright. Did some jugaad - hathoda on the rim; and fitted the tyre back on rear. The sound is not completely gone but its low. He said my car must have bumped on high speed from the speed-breaker or on one of the potholes (there are so many of them here) and due to impact the rim was bent. And due to this, the treads on wheels for both front tyres are out of shape. I asked him if this needs to be changed immediately. He said "No if I am driving only in city".
Now the question is
1. Does this jugaad helps in long term? I mean does that affect the axle / any internals?
2. If I have to change it, do I change only the affected wheel and tyre or complete set? Only One tyre/wheel is bad.
3. If I have to change the complete set, can i go for the bigger wheel and tyre. Indica DLX model has 14" wheel and I would like to fit that one on my Xeta. 13" wheels look odd on that big wheel arch. From this thread it looks 14" is not a good idea. What upsize then on the new/existing 13" Is it advisable to do that? Can I go for tubeless with Alloys?
4. I have changed my M-800 tyres from Darshan FC Road and found him ok. Any suggestions on other outlets?
5. What happens with old tyres / wheels? Can I salvage some value out of these?

Inputs please. Thanks.

PS : Xeta is 4 years old / 32k on odo. All 5 are original tyres. One rim and two wheels have gone bad.
Old 20th November 2010, 05:06   #100
BHPian

Hi,

I have been looking at Tyre reviews here to make the right choice for my 2005 Esteem Vxi.

Hope this is the right place to discuss Apollo's exchange offer.

Fight between Bridgestone, Michelin and Yokos never seems to end, does it? Anyways, this morning I heard over the radio that Apollo has an exchange scheme running. My Esteem is currently running noisy JKs, 2 fairly new, run about 5000+ kms and the other 2 are OE 5 year old tyres (Odo reading: 42k kms approx). Ok before your thoughts get colourful, let me add, this is a second hand car I bought recently about 4 months ago.

The OE tyres have not lost tread but there are millions of microscopic cracks all over. Now at this point I need help. No financial constraint as such, but yes value for money would be appreciated. Want to do the right thing.

My queries below:

Should I just change the OE ones or all 4? I should get a better price from Apollo for the newer tyres right?

I do basic city driving of 36kms every day with occasional highway runs on weekends. Does Apollo make sense for me? Is the price justified compared to BS, Michelin or Yokos?

How much of a difference does it make to a new driver like me to go in for Apollo and not BS, Michelin or Yokos, considering am no Street racer, top speed tester, etc.

I need tyres that are quieter than my JKs, reliable and see me through rain and sun shine on the Highway and in the city. Does this offer from Apollo sound good?

Website link for those who missed the news. The page contains two links for pdf documents, 'Your Tyre' listing all available tyre sizes & specifications and 'Tyre Price' listing the prices. Apollo - India - Our Company
PS: If in office, you might want to mute the speakers.

Looking forward to thoughts on this from you all.

MaSh
Old 23rd November 2010, 21:20   #101
BHPian

I am planning to replace tyres for Indica Xeta which has run 22k kms.As per the tyre wala three tyres are in very good shape.Only 2 are in bad shape.
There is an offer in Appollo where we can exchange old tires for 250rs/tyre and get appollo accelere.
tyre will cost 2650/piece after exchanging.
Is it a good price? Will i be able to experience any difference if i change just two tyres alone? i.e two tubeless tyres and 2 tube tyres.
Please advise.
Old 16th December 2011, 11:38   #102
BHPian

Re: Indica gets the Apollo Acelere(EDIT: 2 new ones now!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
I am planning to replace tyres for Indica Xeta which has run 22k kms.As per the tyre wala three tyres are in very good shape.Only 2 are in bad shape.
There is an offer in Appollo where we can exchange old tires for 250rs/tyre and get appollo accelere.
tyre will cost 2650/piece after exchanging.
Is it a good price? Will i be able to experience any difference if i change just two tyres alone? i.e two tubeless tyres and 2 tube tyres.
Please advise.
How is your experience using apollo? The same scheme is currently operational in mumbai. I have a indica v2 and need to replace the original bridgestone tyres, as they have become a bit hard and there are a couple of sidewall tears. Have currently done around 42K and am on steel rims.

I have an unused new bridgestone on my stepney currently. So am thinking what would be the best approach.

Request inputs from all.
Thanks
Old 16th December 2011, 15:46   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post
How is your experience using apollo? The same scheme is currently operational in mumbai. I have a indica v2 and need to replace the original bridgestone tyres, as they have become a bit hard and there are a couple of sidewall tears. Have currently done around 42K and am on steel rims.

I have an unused new bridgestone on my stepney currently. So am thinking what would be the best approach.

Request inputs from all.
Thanks
Hi,
appollo accelere is an excellent VFM tyre. ride comfort has increased quite a bit. Go for it.
Old 16th December 2011, 16:08   #104
Team-BHP Support

I have mentioned this before, and I will reiterate my point. These are excellent VFM tires. I never expected them to perform like this. They are the true underdog.

Infact, my indica experience is tempting me to experiment with Apollo A/T on safari too!
Old 16th December 2011, 16:12   #105
Senior - BHPian

Accelere is true vfm tyre. Completed 36K KM (incl 5K of pure off-roading) and it is still going strong!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks