Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2009, 14:57   #181
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible to fit MRF SANDGRIPS on 16" oem Safari alloys?
Will they foul with the mudguards and bodypanels?
I intend to get these tyres for offroading purpose.
Old 18th March 2009, 15:15   #182
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know how long the LTXs normally last? My last experience with Michelins isnt very nice - the Synchrones wore out pretty fast and they started losing that fantastic grip a few thousand kilometers into their life, long before tread wear start showing.
Old 18th March 2009, 15:24   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

@Steer -- Believe it or not, there have been a few Scorpios and Sumos with Michelin LTXs who have run for 80,000 kms before changing. This is of course an exception, but then it proves that if you take care of the tyres, you can expect a very long life.

Generally what people get is about 40-50k kms from these if they are well maintained. If you are going to be using it, I dont think getting 50k kms is a problem.

This is just second hand information. I dont have any personal experience with these tyres.

About the grip fading, I have no clue.
Old 18th March 2009, 15:33   #184
Senior - BHPian

My Synchrone experience went further - one of the tyres split open too. Thankfully I didnt have to bear the burden for that as a friend had borrowed the truck when this happened - there were no Synchrone replacements available so he put in 2 Latitudes instead ! Cant complain because I didnt pay for them.
Old 18th March 2009, 15:36   #185
Team-BHP Support

Same thing happened with my HT, the side wall is shredded. I am sure there were no rocks on road, but at night sometimes your eyes can play tricks
Its difficult to prove it was a manufacturing defect and not a sidewall cut
Old 18th March 2009, 15:39   #186
Senior - BHPian

Steer, speak to TifosiKrishna (KK). I got him the LTX A/T for his Scorpio. Im sure he's done atleast 4-5k by now.
Old 18th March 2009, 20:17   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibm_jennifer View Post
Friend, A long shot please...
Is that good enough?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-safari-2.jpg  

Tata Safari : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-dsc_0040-copy.jpg  

Tata Safari : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-safari-5.jpg  

Old 18th March 2009, 23:57   #188
BHPian

I am sorry to say that isnt my stupid old tyres looks better than yours?

Believe me, I dont know why the side part of my tyres looks wider? You also using alloys.

Tata Safari : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-pict1163.jpg
Old 19th March 2009, 00:24   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Kashyap View Post
Is that good enough?
Dont want to see the vehicle or the rims, show us the tread and the tyres with the vehicle on recommended tyre pressure! Want to see if the sides sag like the Synchrones on the Safari.
Old 19th March 2009, 08:19   #190
BHPian

[quote=ibm_jennifer;1219823]I am sorry to say that isnt my stupid old tyres looks better than yours?

Believe me, I dont know why the side part of my tyres looks wider? You also using alloys.

You are right. Your tyres look wider.
If you are looking for wider tyres then these are not for you. They are standard 235 tyres, ones the company reccomends and the ones which fit these Aura alloys the best. If looks are more that mattres to you then you need to look for better looking tyres. These perform well.

'Dont want to see the vehicle or the rims, show us the tread and the tyres with the vehicle on recommended tyre pressure! Want to see if the sides sag like the Synchrones on the Safari.'
Hi Steeroid
Sorry the pics were for ibm_jennifer.
As your concern is, these tyres do not sag as much as Synchrone or Latitudes do. Both these tyres are more for highways. Very good on tarmack with low noise and good aqua planing. However I was not impressed with the shoulders of these tyres and hence refrained. The BGGoodrick have good shoulders but I was warned about the noislevels which are very high on these tyres. This particular Micheline is good in both sense. Good shoulders and good treads. Noise is not that much. Are better suited for rougher roads.
Michelines no doubt have softer compound hence the side wall damage as some have complained. That was the main reason for looking for stronger shoulders.
Unfortunately I do not have the right picture that you are looking for so meenwile putting this one if it helps you.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-safari-6.jpg  

Old 19th March 2009, 11:50   #191
BHPian

Quote:
You are right. Your tyres look wider.
If you are looking for wider tyres then these are not for you. They are standard 235 tyres, ones the company reccomends and the ones which fit these Aura alloys the best. If looks are more that mattres to you then you need to look for better looking tyres. These perform well.
I agree. A safari with wider sidewall tyre looks fantastic. We are all have a Safari for look/passion not performance, isn't it?

Anyway anybody hear to help to me find why my tyres look wider. Even a new Bridestone Dueler looks flat on side. I am searching for a wide-side tyre for the last 6 months. But nothing comes close to my current stupid tyres. Any reason why?
Old 22nd March 2009, 08:09   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibm_jennifer View Post
I agree. A safari with wider sidewall tyre looks fantastic. We are all have a Safari for look/passion not performance, isn't it?

Anyway anybody hear to help to me find why my tyres look wider. Even a new Bridestone Dueler looks flat on side. I am searching for a wide-side tyre for the last 6 months. But nothing comes close to my current stupid tyres. Any reason why?
Older/ worn-out tyres do look a little wider than brand new ones. When you say 'wide-side' tyre does it mean a wider tyre in its foot-print or one with a higher side wall. If you look for a wider tyre you simply need to upgrade to a wider footprint; say 255 etc. Take a look at Geolander and Pirelli as well.
Old 22nd March 2009, 18:02   #193
BHPian

No, I am not looking for Wider footprint. The standard footprint but wider side wall. is there anything exist?
Old 22nd March 2009, 19:47   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeniffer
Believe me, I dont know why the side part of my tyres looks wider?
This happens when you use tyres on rims quite narrower than recommended.
Do you get rim width?
Old 22nd March 2009, 19:56   #195
BHPian

I hope its normal size Rims only. Will let you know the correct size soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks