Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2011, 16:41   #526
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Safari : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Michelins have always been more expensive than Yokos or BFGs, 7650 per tyre seems a tad high, but I heard the prices have gone up again recently, what is the month of manufacture of these tyres?
Almost 800-900 rs more than Yoko!
Old 6th October 2011, 09:18   #527
BHPian

has anyone used the Michelin Latitude cross? I am planning to change the tyres of my safari VX 4X4. usage is like 40% on bad stretches and 4% on good highways and 20% on offroad. any suggestions? after reading the posts I am more confused whether I should go for BFG, yoko or michelin.
Old 14th October 2011, 16:59   #528
BHPian

There are 4 sizes in michelin latitude cross for 16 inch. Which should be preferred and why?

Please see http://www.michelin.in/tyre/viewall/192

Last edited by ankur_gupta10 : 14th October 2011 at 17:00. Reason: bad formatting
Old 14th October 2011, 17:08   #529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_gupta10 View Post
There are 4 sizes in michelin latitude cross for 16 inch. Which should be preferred and why?

Please see MICHELIN
Stock alloy? If so, stick to 235/245 since its 6.5J

Max you should go is 255 else you need wider alloy (7/7.5J). You might also need do mods to accommodate anything greater than 255. Some even have issue with 255 since it might touch the body.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-untitled.jpg  

jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2011, 19:55   #530
BHPian

Hi Guys

My Dec 2010 safari Gx has OE Bridgestone duelers. It has clocked 7500 k till now. I'm thinking of tyre roation. Can the experts tell me the correct trye roation??/

Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 11:13   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelz View Post
Hi Guys

My Dec 2010 safari Gx has OE Bridgestone duelers. It has clocked 7500 k till now. I'm thinking of tyre rotation. Can the experts tell me the correct tyre rotation??/

Thanks
Hi,its in the manual.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-tyre.jpg  

Old 1st November 2011, 10:24   #532
BHPian

Dear Team,

Urgent assistance required !
I have a Tata Safari 2010 July Model with Maxxis 295/50/16 which have done 35000 Kms.
I want to go in for a tyre change immediately. I would like to go in for a 255/65/16. I would request you for your assistance on the same.

Yokohama AT/S are not available in the market cause of some import problems.
Michelin Latitude Cross are also not available cause of the same reason.
Apollo Hawk is available but i am not sure how good the tyre is.
Don't have clue on MRF

I have been quoted 9500 per tyre for Yoko 255/65/16 if my dealer manages to get the tyre from somewhere, about 7800 for the Apollo Hawk.

What are the other options that can be expolred?
Old 1st November 2011, 12:26   #533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsyngh View Post
Yokohama AT/S are not available in the market cause of some import problems.
Michelin Latitude Cross are also not available cause of the same reason.
Apollo Hawk is available but i am not sure how good the tyre is.
Don't have clue on MRF
MRF WANDERERS are noisy as confirmed by a fellow bhp'ain running them on his Scorpio and haven't heard much from Apollo users.

Quote:
I have been quoted 9500 per tyre for Yoko 255/65/16 if my dealer manages to get the tyre from somewhere, about 7800 for the Apollo Hawk.
Truly a rip off for the 255/65/R16 Geolanders . Man that is some insane pricing, maybe shortage has increased the demand and the price.

Quote:
What are the other options that can be expolred?
Try these Bridgestone D694 , Pirelli Scorpion A/T , BF Goodrich or Maxxis Bravo Series . All these tires are available in the sizes you mentioned.
Old 1st November 2011, 12:39   #534
BHPian

Thanks rjstyles69 for your prompt reply.

I will be on the lookout for the tyres you have mentioned, thanks again.
I also wonder that one should not gon in for the Yokos as they have been out of stock for the last 4 months as informed by the dealer. In case there is a defect the company will not be able to replace the same cause of non availibility.
I just spoke to someone from Yokohama, he said there has been a problem with this particulat size as the govt norms have been tightned for non ISI marked tyres coming in the country. Dont know how true it is though !
Old 2nd November 2011, 11:08   #535
BHPian

exactly ten days back only i changed the tyres of my safari to yoko geolander A/T S 235 size. sales guy told me the same thing that these tyres were not available because of ISI certification. but now they got it for 235 size. it did cost me 6750 INR each.
Old 2nd November 2011, 12:07   #536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks rjstyles69 for your prompt reply.

I will be on the lookout for the tyres you have mentioned, thanks again.
I also wonder that one should not gon in for the Yokos as they have been out of stock for the last 4 months as informed by the dealer. In case there is a defect the company will not be able to replace the same cause of non availibility.
It's safe to get 4 months old tires, I don't find a reason why this would be a cause of concern.Warranty replacements will be an issue since no one is importing these tires to India.

Look at the BF Goodrich tires, they look butch and have a cult following. Check fellow member NIP's , gallery here . You can PM him and ask for initial impressions on these tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.1979 View Post
exactly ten days back only i changed the tyres of my safari to yoko geolander A/T S 235 size. sales guy told me the same thing that these tyres were not available because of ISI certification. but now they got it for 235 size. it did cost me 6750 INR each.
Decent price man.
Old 10th November 2011, 15:48   #537
BHPian

Hi folks,

I just changed my safari OE Bridgestone tyres to MRF Wanderer. The Bridgestones had lasted 72K+ kms and the ride was getting hard, tyres harder and treads slicker.

Immediate reaction was the smother (less bumpy) ride, lesser tyre noise and improved braking and handling (about 700 kms, in city only so far). Havent really tried high speeds and hard braking.

Costed some 6500/- per tyre after exchange of old tyres.

Loving them so far!
Old 28th December 2011, 14:16   #538
BHPian

Guys, My Safari will be delivered in a day or two. I am not very sure, but considering a tyre change. Does it make sense to move from Duellers to Yoko Geo A/Ts? I need to pay Rs. 700 for each tyre exchange, i.e. Rs. 3500 for set of 5 new Geo ATs.
Old 28th December 2011, 14:26   #539
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

As per my experience with the Bolero and Scorpio over the last 7 years, Bridgestone Duellers are really good tough tyres and last quite long given our road conditions in India. Mine had hit 50K Kms on all sorts of roads, highways, broken roads, no roads and so on and were still going strong. Atleast another 10-15K kms life left in them.

However, if you are getting the opportunity to upgrade to GEO AT's at such a marginal price upcharge, then if I were you, I would do it like a shot! Yoko Geo AT's are proven and solid and the differential of 3500/- is like small change considering you're spending lakhs to buy your new Safari!

All the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Guys, My Safari will be delivered in a day or two. I am not very sure, but considering a tyre change. Does it make sense to move from Duellers to Yoko Geo A/Ts? I need to pay Rs. 700 for each tyre exchange, i.e. Rs. 3500 for set of 5 new Geo ATs.
Old 28th December 2011, 18:40   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
As per my experience with the Bolero and Scorpio over the last 7 years, Bridgestone Duellers are really good tough tyres and last quite long given our road conditions in India. Mine had hit 50K Kms on all sorts of roads, highways, broken roads, no roads and so on and were still going strong. Atleast another 10-15K kms life left in them.

However, if you are getting the opportunity to upgrade to GEO AT's at such a marginal price upcharge, then if I were you, I would do it like a shot! Yoko Geo AT's are proven and solid and the differential of 3500/- is like small change considering you're spending lakhs to buy your new Safari!

All the best!
Thanks Shankar. BTW surprisingly there is no good website that can show various Alloy Wheel designs :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks