Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2010, 22:59   #331
Distinguished - BHPian

Bullcrap. I think Yoko must have revoked his dealership and he's just pissed. They had a nice big stall at the Auto Expo and they arent going anywhere anytime soon.
Old 11th January 2010, 23:12   #332
Senior - BHPian

@KKK

contact "suman" by sending him a PM and he should be able to help you as he has Yoko Geolanders on his truck.

or maybe you can google search for the "Star Wheels Sec-14, Gurgaon" thats where Suman has got his Geolanders and at a decent price.

If you go to Star Wheels, dont forget to give him Suman's reference.

cheers

Last edited by simply_sunny001 : 11th January 2010 at 23:16.
Old 18th January 2010, 13:34   #333

thanks guyz...but kinda late....got some michellin shoes ( OEM Size) frm Karol Bagh...6500 bucks apice...took my duellers for approx 4700...paid the difference....amusingly, reliance mall is selling the same for 6300 !
Old 18th January 2010, 14:41   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilkantkaul View Post
thanks guyz...but kinda late....got some michellin shoes ( OEM Size) frm Karol Bagh...6500 bucks apice...took my duellers for approx 4700...paid the difference....amusingly, reliance mall is selling the same for 6300 !
Which dealer did you buy it from??? Name or number would be useful for all
Thanks
Old 25th January 2010, 12:32   #335

I bought it from a shop called Chawla. Its the adjacent shop to the corner one with a big YOKOHAMA hoarding. Directions: If ur coming from Hanuman Murti to KB . its on the crossing just before Bikanerwala to your right.
I am also plannin 2 get alloys from him.
Old 28th March 2010, 20:42   #336
Senior - BHPian

Friends,
My Safari is up for Tyre change. My query is:
'Which set of tyres will be good for Soft ride and Highway cruising?'

I donot want an upsize, but, tyres of OEM size.
Old 28th March 2010, 21:29   #337
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Friends,
My Safari is up for Tyre change. My query is:
'Which set of tyres will be good for Soft ride and Highway cruising?'

I donot want an upsize, but, tyres of OEM size.
If you go on bad roads and occasionaly offroad, the Yokohama Geolandar AT/S is the ideal tyre in 235/75R15 or if you want only for Highways then you can always go for the Bridgestone Dueler H/T.

Yokos are still the best option I'd say. Lots of fans on this forum for that!
Old 28th March 2010, 21:34   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
If you go on bad roads and occasionaly offroad, the Yokohama Geolandar AT/S is the ideal tyre in 235/75R15 or if you want only for Highways then you can always go for the Bridgestone Dueler H/T.

I cannot find YOKO's in my area. So, this option is nullified.
Are Bridgestone better than Michellin interms of Highway cruising and comfort.
Old 28th March 2010, 21:53   #339
Distinguished - BHPian

WasavaTyres is a tyre dealer in Indore. He's also a member on this forum. I'm pretty sure he has Yokos.
Old 28th March 2010, 21:55   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
WasavaTyres is a tyre dealer in Indore. He's also a member on this forum. I'm pretty sure he has Yokos.

Oh Thanks.
Will be going tommorow or day after for tyre change.

Till now:
1) YOKO(If i find them)
2) Michellins
3)Bridgestones.
Old 29th March 2010, 00:40   #341
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Oh Thanks.
Will be going tommorow or day after for tyre change.

Till now:
1) YOKO(If i find them)
2) Michellins
3)Bridgestones.
Yup this is the ideal preferred order of tyres. Of course, Tanveer or someone has Continentals on his Safari and those are pretty good too according to him.

Cheers,
Adi
Old 30th March 2010, 17:32   #342
Senior - BHPian

My friend needs suggestion to replace the first set of stock the tires. He wants to know are there any better options than the stock 235 x 70 R16 Bridgestone tires?

His driving is mainly on the bad roads and to construction sites mainly kucha and rocky roads!!. His is a 4x2 safari 2.2.

I understand from the below post, I can suggest the Yoko Geolander AT/S. But I would like to know is it good to go for higher profile especially he also drives the vehicle at good speeds (North of 100kmph most of the times!!) when on the highways. 20 % of the time the vehicle is on the highways and 80 % on the bad roads!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post

PS: He prefers the stock size as it provides him good comfort!! So no compromise on the comfort please!!
Old 30th March 2010, 18:02   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
My friend needs suggestion to replace the first set of stock the tires. He wants to know are there any better options than the stock 235 x 70 R16 Bridgestone tires?

His driving is mainly on the bad roads and to construction sites mainly kucha and rocky roads!!. His is a 4x2 safari 2.2.

I understand from the below post, I can suggest the Yoko Geolander AT/S. But I would like to know is it good to go for higher profile especially he also drives the vehicle at good speeds (North of 100kmph most of the times!!) when on the highways. 20 % of the time the vehicle is on the highways and 80 % on the bad roads!!

PS: He prefers the stock size as it provides him good comfort!! So no compromise on the comfort please!!
2.2 has 16inch not 15! Ask him to get Yoko 235's ( stock one) if he does bad roads else Michelin .

255 is a good option but he will need to get wider alloys (7J). He may also face issues with tyre scrapping the sides.
Old 31st March 2010, 12:40   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post

I am using 255/65/R16's on my 2.2 DiCOR and that too on the stock alloys that come with the VX model, though mine is an EX.

The tyres do not scrap the sides on lock to lock turning however whenever I'll be changing the tyres I might go for 235/70's only

PS: He prefers the stock size as it provides him good comfort!! So no compromise on the comfort please!![/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
2.2 has 16inch not 15! Ask him to get Yoko 235's ( stock one) if he does bad roads else Michelin .

255 is a good option but he will need to get wider alloys (7J). He may also face issues with tyre scrapping the sides.
Old 2nd April 2010, 15:38   #345
Senior - BHPian

Whats the max width of alloy the 235 can take ? The O.E. is 6.5J.

Most Viewed