Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2011, 19:06   #541
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Safari : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Thanks Shankar. BTW surprisingly there is no good website that can show various Alloy Wheel designs :(
Stick to OEM alloys as with the market ones, not everyone can do the wheel alignment properly.
dadu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 10:32   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Stick to OEM alloys as with the market ones, not everyone can do the wheel alignment properly.
I bought the LX version. In this case I would prefer to buy Alloys from outside than OEM, also I dont like the OEM design.
Old 29th December 2011, 11:26   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I bought the LX version. In this case I would prefer to buy Alloys from outside than OEM, also I dont like the OEM design.
Plati has some good designs in their 16'' range: ::PlatiIndia.com:: Alloy Wheels for Every car, Design of Future.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 9th January 2012, 10:22   #544

I need to change the tyres for my aging beast, going thru this thread really helped me, I've decided on the Yokohama Geolanders as they are the ones with the most bang for the buck. My Safari is getting older and I don't know if I'll keep it for more than a couple of years. Going to Sai Iyengar later today, spoke to Ashwin and he also recommended the Yokos, will keep you guys posted on the tyre performance.
Old 9th January 2012, 11:15   #545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by plugugly View Post
I need to change the tyres for my aging beast, going thru this thread really helped me, I've decided on the Yokohama Geolanders as they are the ones with the most bang for the buck. My Safari is getting older and I don't know if I'll keep it for more than a couple of years. Going to Sai Iyengar later today, spoke to Ashwin and he also recommended the Yokos, will keep you guys posted on the tyre performance.
May I recommend you to take a look at the BFG's also, you wouldn't be disappointed. Also what was the price quoted for the Geolanders ?
Old 9th January 2012, 11:42   #546

I'll definitely take a look at the BFG, any idea what they cost> Ashwin quoted for the Yoko Geolanders @6500 a piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
May I recommend you to take a look at the BFG's also, you wouldn't be disappointed. Also what was the price quoted for the Geolanders ?
Old 9th January 2012, 20:11   #547
Senior - BHPian

Anybody here has the latest prices in Bangalore for Michelin LTX AT2 ? Also would like to know if they are readily available.
Old 11th January 2012, 08:57   #548

I think the Michelins are in the 7.5 to 8K range, you can check with Ashwin from Sai Iyengar Tyres, I got my Yokos from him on Monday.
Old 11th January 2012, 14:05   #549
Distinguished - BHPian

Michelins are not available. They were expected to come in last month but they didnt. Dealers are now expecting them to come in Feb.
Old 15th January 2012, 17:52   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, My Safari will be delivered in a day or two. I am not very sure, but considering a tyre change. Does it make sense to move from Duellers to Yoko Geo A/Ts? I need to pay Rs. 700 for each tyre exchange, i.e. Rs. 3500 for set of 5 new Geo ATs.
Tking - I just got my Safari Bridgestones replaced with Yoko Geo AT today. Dealer charged Rs.500 for exchange of each tire. Total 2500 buks for set of 5. Luckily, my tires had run 900kms and dealer still gave me this price.
Old 16th January 2012, 08:06   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravdebiswas View Post
Tking - I just got my Safari Bridgestones replaced with Yoko Geo AT today. Dealer charged Rs.500 for exchange of each tire. Total 2500 buks for set of 5. Luckily, my tires had run 900kms and dealer still gave me this price.
That's a rip off man, just 500 bucks for a tire which has been used only for 900 kms ? When I swapped my tires to the Geolanders I was paid 2500/- per tire for my older BS Dueler's which had run 5k.
Old 16th January 2012, 08:30   #552
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
That's a rip off man, just 500 bucks for a tire which has been used only for 900 kms ? When I swapped my tires to the Geolanders I was paid 2500/- per tire for my older BS Dueler's which had run 5k.
I think you got it the other way round. Dealer did not pay him 500/tyre, but he had to pay 2500 only for getting 5 tires replaced, so got a better deal
Old 16th January 2012, 12:09   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravdebiswas View Post
Very good deal! As recommended by one of the team-bhpian, who used Duellers for around 70k, I decided not to change them. But sure Geo ATs have a better ride.
Old 24th January 2012, 12:13   #554
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Has any safari user tried BFG AT. I am planning a shoe change. They surely look good. Need input on performance.
Old 24th January 2012, 13:35   #555
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Has any safari user tried BFG AT. I am planning a shoe change. They surely look good. Need input on performance.
BFG All Terrain TA/KO?
Good luck finding those. I called up many dealers in both PB and Delhi, and all they have is BFG Longtrail tires, not the AT tires.
Michelin dealers stock only Michelin LTX

BFG was much cheaper than LTX, and was cannibalizing sales of the LTX/LTX2

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks