Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2013, 09:28   #706
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Safari : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Thanks guys! But what about the Indian brands?
Old 11th June 2013, 09:49   #707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
As per the SA whom I usually interact with at the Mahindra ASC, MRF Wanderers are the best SUV tyres amongst the Indian brands, i.e. JK Elanzo, Apollo Hawkz & MRF Wanderers.

Do check out this thread for more posts related to these tyres: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...wanderers.html

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 11th June 2013, 14:17   #708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
In Bangalore the Latitude Cross sells for approximately 8k and the Geolandars cost approximately 7k plus.
Hari the Geolanders aint that cheap anymore. Last I heard it was around 9k per tire in the 235/16 size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Get the MRF wanderers ashutosh, better than the Elanzo's.
Old 11th June 2013, 14:27   #709
Distinguished - BHPian

Riju, when did that happen ? (Geo's crossing 9k)
We had checked on the Lattitudes in end April, and the rate was 8k.

Hari, the Bridgestones were at 7k. Geo's also ?
Old 11th June 2013, 16:55   #710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post

Hari the Geolanders aint that cheap anymore. Last I heard it was around 9k per tire in the 235/16 size.

Get the MRF wanderers ashutosh, better than the Elanzo's.
Dkamath got new tires for his Safari last weekend, he paid roughly over 7k for Bridgestones and was saying the Geolandars were slightly cheaper.
Old 7th July 2013, 19:17   #711
Senior - BHPian

Guys
The Storme comes with 235/70/16. The alloy is Vx is a 6.5J spec. Is it ok to change to a 7J spec alloy with the same stock tyres for that slightly wider look? Any drawbacks ?
Old 7th July 2013, 19:35   #712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Guys
The Storme comes with 235/70/16. The alloy is Vx is a 6.5J spec. Is it ok to change to a 7J spec alloy with the same stock tyres for that slightly wider look? Any drawbacks ?
Don't know about storm but going by safari experience. Check that tyre should not foul with inner side of fender or fire wall.
The alloy guys cut the mudguard but it's not worth. You will regret after driving in little rain or mud.
amitk26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2013, 18:00   #713
BHPian

Hi everyone,

The truck just completed 4years, even though I had done only 36k KMs,, decided to change the tyres.

After going through this thread decided to get Michelin latitude cross 235/70 R16,

Called up Sai Iyengar in Indiranagar, was given a price of Rs 7900 per tyre including fitting, balancing and alignment, they also gave an assurance that the tyre is 2013 make,

Went there on Saturday to get these fitted, but was surprised to find 2012 (1112) tyres, fellows at Sai iyengar tried giving me a lot of gyan on how they will give a guarantee etc,

Finally got these from tyre empire on Varthur road today, they costed 7650/- per tyre, 800/- for fitting alignment and balancing

They also charged me 100/- per valve

The tyres were 2013 make (1013)

Anshuman
Old 30th August 2013, 16:52   #714
BHPian

Quote:
If you know the dealership people they might give you a car with the tyres of your choice from their stock. I think the Storme comes shod with Bridgestones, and I found them quite adequate on my drive to Goa, so I think you would be fine with the Bridgestones as your OE tyres.
Hi Luke,

I am going to book my long pending dream car strome tomorrow - booking strome EX and would like to upgrade to alloy & also upgrade bridgestone tyres. I am 80% highway & 20% city driving.

Is it okay to go for stock alloys from tata or should i go for same size alloys from other dealers.

With respect to tyres, I understand Latitude are good for highway, but I saw continental tyres on tbph and it looked awesome.

Please suggest what would be the good choice and at what price I can exchange my bridgestone.

Thanks in advance.

Sunit
Old 30th August 2013, 18:02   #715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunit5 View Post

Hi Luke,

I am going to book my long pending dream car strome tomorrow - booking strome EX and would like to upgrade to alloy & also upgrade bridgestone tyres. I am 80% highway & 20% city driving.

Is it okay to go for stock alloys from tata or should i go for same size alloys from other dealers.

With respect to tyres, I understand Latitude are good for highway, but I saw continental tyres on tbph and it looked awesome.

Please suggest what would be the good choice and at what price I can exchange my bridgestone.

Thanks in advance.

Sunit
Hi Sunit, congrats on the Storme,
The OE alloys are pretty good if you like the design, coming to tyres, if its only for good roads, Latitude cross is perfect, I personally have Continental Cross Contact as I need rugged AT tyres for my kind of usage.
But, recently there have been issues in Stormes shod with Michelin Latitude cross, the vehicle pulls to one side is the most common complaint, its still not clear why ( one theory could be the unidirectional tread) the same Stormes shod with OE tyres did not have the issue. Kindly check with Condor about the Michelins before you make the change.
Old 30th August 2013, 18:53   #716
v&v
Senior - BHPian

My safari's shoe is Latitude cross and has done about 25k. I am pretty happy with the performance. Ideal for highway driving.
Old 30th August 2013, 18:56   #717
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But, recently there have been issues in Stormes shod with Michelin Latitude cross, the vehicle pulls to one side is the most common complaint, its still not clear why ( one theory could be the unidirectional tread)
Unidirectional tyres cannot be a reason because the two sides will balance out each other.

Happy with the Latitude Cross - the tyres themselves are good.
Old 30th August 2013, 19:18   #718
BHPian

Quote:
But, recently there have been issues in Stormes shod with Michelin Latitude cross, the vehicle pulls to one side is the most common complaint, its still not clear why ( one theory could be the unidirectional tread) the same Stormes shod with OE tyres did not have the issue. Kindly check with Condor about the Michelins before you make the change.
Pullling to one side has nothing to do with tyres as my safari also pulled to the left its got something to do with the brakes which TASS adjust and rectify thats what happened in my case. I dont use michelin on my safari
Old 30th August 2013, 20:58   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Pulling due to tyres can happen only if the tyres are un-evenly worn out. But that too if the difference is huge (20+) between left and right hand side tyres.

Otherwise it has to do with the alignment. Ensure that the alignment is done by some knowlegdeable guys and the camber is adjusted properly. It could be due to damaged tie-rod too. Inserting shims on the side pulling will help but that is only after identifying the reason of the pull.

All the Best! And do update us on your finding.
Old 30th August 2013, 21:14   #720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post

Pullling to one side has nothing to do with tyres as my safari also pulled to the left its got something to do with the brakes which TASS adjust and rectify thats what happened in my case. I dont use michelin on my safari
It's not about the older Safaris, it is a problem seen in the Stormes, I agree, unidirectional tyres cannot cause the pull, but Condor and a few others faced this issue and the tyres were latitude cross ( correct me if I'm wrong Parwath), that said I am a big fan of the Michelins, I have used them on my Safari and was very happy for the 75k Kms they lasted.

Most Viewed