Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2007, 10:28   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Hi Su-47.. First of all let me congratulate you on your Safari..
Thanks man!!!
Quote:
anyways since the first scratch is over and done with you can drive more comfortably.. also time to get a crash guard..
Yeah! Thinking of getting one..
Quote:
I tank up on Shell Diesel.. Pretty decent.. Why Oil change at 1000km??Let it run all the way to 5000km...
I dont know if there is a shell bunk close to my office/home (K'mangla, HSR). If you know of anything do lemme know.
As far as the oil change is concerned, I think I read it somewhere on this forum that it is good to change oil after first 1000kms. It seems that the oil might have minute metal-silvers as a result of "opening-up" of the engine during the run-in. I sound like a layman, but this was the gist of the article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Regular diesel is called as high speed diesel!!!
Thanks for the info Jaggu...
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-U- View Post
I don't like Michelins very much, they tend to be overpriced and wear out quickly based on my experience in the US.What is the temperature/traction/treadwear rating for the stock Bridgestone?
I didn't care too much about treadwear. Michelins grip well, and are not very noisy. Dont know about the DOT rating of the stock Bridgestones (as they were tubetype and I didnt want them anyway). Michelins are: Treadwear-380, Traction-AA, Temp-A. This, I think is pretty good for a 4x4 tyre.
Old 6th April 2007, 10:39   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
As far as the oil change is concerned, I think I read it somewhere on this forum that it is good to change oil after first 1000kms. It seems that the oil might have minute metal-silvers as a result of "opening-up" of the engine during the run-in. I sound like a layman, but this was the gist of the article.
I wanted to do the same.. Give the vehicle for service before time and all that.. I had also posted queries on Steeroid's Dicor thread.. There i was advised by the BIG man himself (and the First Dicor owner on TBHP) to let the car run in till 5000 km..
Well i listened to him and trust me the vehicle is performing better after the 1st service.. I did not have any issues till now.
The only problem i had faced was that there was a Diesel leak which was rectified by Prerana..Look for Oil Spots where you park the car, If you find any get it fixed immediately.

Godfather

PS: Why dont you join us for the bangalore meets..there seems to be one in the pipeline.
Old 6th April 2007, 23:32   #48
BHPian

Quote:
PS: Why dont you join us for the bangalore meets..there seems to be one in the pipeline.
Will try for sure. I am keeping a watch on this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...-bangy-20.html
Old 8th April 2007, 07:27   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
I didn't care too much about treadwear. Michelins grip well, and are not very noisy. Dont know about the DOT rating of the stock Bridgestones (as they were tubetype and I didnt want them anyway). Michelins are: Treadwear-380, Traction-AA, Temp-A. This, I think is pretty good for a 4x4 tyre.
Sounds like a good tyre although the treadwear is a bit on the lower side. The tyre compound must be pretty good to have a AA rating. Looks like it has decent rating over at tire rack.

Michelin 4x4 Synchrone
Old 12th April 2007, 17:14   #50
BHPian

my bro has a set of hanooks on his safari and IMPO the grip sucks i have use bridgestines and michellens on several cars in the us and have found the tire wear to be the least and the grip to be the highest
Old 15th June 2007, 12:52   #51
BHPian

Which tyre for safari

Hi
I went to tyre shoppe at noida sector 5 yesterday and asked about the michelin energy for safari, whcih I am thinking to buy in this month. The guy told me that these brand does not come for Safari. When I asked about will they discount on stocks if i get tyre changed from them, He told they do not take stocks back.

can some one through light on this and how good are the alloys provided by TATA on Safari and how they cost as they do not come on LX, the model I am thinking to buy.

Thnaks in advancs.
Old 15th June 2007, 13:07   #52
Senior - BHPian

I love the company alloys...I have them on my EX. I was told 25k for the alloys, haggle and you can get them cheaper. Go to another tyre dealer, most of them buy back your tyres. Michelin Synchromes if i remeber correctly is the one that comes for safaris.

Drifter
Old 15th June 2007, 15:58   #53
BHPian

hey bruty, i donno about delhi, but here in bangalore dealers are ready to pay 3000 per stock tyre (though it is for bridgestone). It should be similar ever there, try with Bridgestone dealer. I will be getting my beast next weekend and am planning to change to alloy wheels and a bit wide base tyres.

babu
Old 15th June 2007, 16:16   #54
BHPian

bruty, here you go, a bit more data...
Shiva tires: BEL Road, near baristha
Contact person is Mr.Anil Grover

I spoke to him about exchaning my dicor stock tyres with new ones. He said that he would pay around 4000 per tyre if they are bridgestone. Just check it out.

babu
Old 15th June 2007, 16:43   #55
BHPian

Bruty a tyre dealer in naraina told me, to buy back at Rs3000 per tire if it is apollo, or Rs3600 per tire if it is bridgestone.

what do you think about deal, he is selling michellin tubeless for rs 8500 per tire. if you need we can negotiate on tire to, like we did for safari.
Old 15th June 2007, 16:45   #56
BHPian

Bruty, i forgot that you were from delhi, and gave the bangalore address...sorry, but will try with my friends and if possible will get you some details on dealers in delhi soon....the previous post can be used by bangalore guys.

Babu
Old 15th June 2007, 16:47   #57
BHPian

Arun,
Tomorrow I am going to other dealers in Noida and try to get the deal, will update you accordingly. Are you thinking to put michellin tubeless on the stock rims or changing them to alloys.

Also I am going to Nawab with teh existing deal of 20K discount+ mud flaps+ foot mats and will try to get more from him. stearling has agreed for this deal.
Old 15th June 2007, 17:04   #58
BHPian

Quote:
bruty, here you go, a bit more data...
Shiva tires: BEL Road, near baristha
Contact person is Mr.Anil Grover

I spoke to him about exchaning my dicor stock tyres with new ones. He said that he would pay around 4000 per tyre if they are bridgestone. Just check it out.
@babureddy - bruty wants a tyre shop in noida/delhi not in bangalore
Old 15th June 2007, 17:09   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter View Post
Michelin Synchromes if i remeber correctly is the one that comes for safaris.Drifter

Yes.... "4X4 Michelin Synchrone"... somebody has it here on his Safari!
Old 15th June 2007, 17:22   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruty View Post
teh existing deal of 20K discount+ mud flaps+ foot mats and will try to get more from him. stearling has agreed for this deal.
They will agree to this deal.. These are common.. There are a lot of threads on Dicors and what all freebies you can get out of the dealers.. Make sure you go through them.

Godfather

Most Viewed