Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2007, 21:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

White alloys for swift ozone blue VDi

hello all,

i would like to know if i can see the swift car with white alloys in images anywhere? so that i can get an idea what it would look like. also, is a 185 tyre upgrade sufficient for the swift? all i want is a stable ride (my tyres have always been an issue in every car for me, so this time hopefully wider ones will help)

i m sure bimal has michelin tyres, though i gotta check with the profiles they have. i m desperate to see the swift with white alloys in any images.

any help?

and also does aura sell white alloys? would the price of white alloys be more than black ones?
Old 18th June 2007, 22:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

Old 18th June 2007, 22:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

What I heard and experienced is tyres are overpirced in most of the showrooms, but since your car is brand new do the maths, brand new tyre if they provide good buy back rate for stock tyre and overall if it works out buy Michellins in show room itself.

I feel White alloys look awasome with blue cars. I remmember I have seen white alloys in brands like Prestige, Plati..

In India Prestige is new imported alloy i feel, Plati bit expensive among all i think but good one.

Aura, League has more silver alloys and HR has chrome ones i feel. as far as popular design goes...

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 18th June 2007, 22:55   #4
BHPian

Hi! Geeksrik, got my Swift Ldi tires upgraded to Michelin Energy XM1 185/70 R14. The ride quality has definately improved, acc to me car feels smoother then before. More confidence for high speed driving.

Can anyone tell me what should be the Ideal Tire pressure? I am currently maintaining 35 both front and rear. Placard in car says 36 front and 33 rear, but that is for 165/80 R14.
Old 18th June 2007, 23:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

geeksrik, have a look at ajmat's gallery here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indiancarpicture-137.html is this the same color that you are buying?

If yes I dont think white really suits this color. Also most swifts with white alloys are white colored cars.
Well once again its your choice of alloys .

My suggestion , go to a alloy and tyre dealer have them install white alloys and check for yourself. There's no better judge that one's own eye.
Old 18th June 2007, 23:30   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
...is this the same color that you are buying?
That color- called Beam Blue, was stopped some months back at the time they released the current batch of newer colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69
Well once again its your choice of alloys .
Succintly put
Old 18th June 2007, 23:38   #7
Senior - BHPian

Here is something you can compare with...

The blue car belongs to Ashwin Sunder, young race driver & the red one belongs to his friend (dont know his name). BTW, both these kids are young enthusiastic race drivers & well below 20 years of age.
Old 18th June 2007, 23:45   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

EL,

Between you and I, those alloys - especially on the red car look sad. The ones on the silver car are only slightly better.

I feel one with 10-12 spokes will look hot. Like this one:

@ Riju: Ozone Blue is similar to the color of Cibaca Fluoride toothpaste - very soothing

Last edited by theMAG : 19th June 2007 at 00:02.
Old 19th June 2007, 00:00   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hey Mahesh, bingo dude !! The same rims was on my mind. This design is available in Lenso. Looks wicked I must say.

Quote:
and also does aura sell white alloys?
Check here : home
Quote:
would the price of white alloys be more than black ones?
White rims could be expensive than the regular alloys.
Advantage is that the white alloys are usually lighter than the black and grey toned one's.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 19th June 2007 at 00:04.
Old 19th June 2007, 00:17   #10
Senior - BHPian

Choose your set of alloys & get them to the right place for a proper paint job. Choices in white alloys are very limited.

@MAg.. i tend to agree with you. But Ashwin has about 6 sets of alloys & 8 sets of rubber for his car & keeps changing them every week/fortnight. These photos were not taken by me. I saw his car with a terrific set of white alloys which i could not snap because of the fading evening light. But white alloys on a dark coloured car do look hot even in a bad design.
Old 19th June 2007, 00:29   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_l
Choose your set of alloys & get them to the right place for a proper paint job.
There's a problem with painting alloy rims.
When U apply putty and repaint a rim, there is a very high chance of it losing its balance.This depends on the job done .Though, personally i wouldn't do it.

But then, i remember a certain EVO6 with OZ rims that got its rims painted golden brown who's owner knows every bit he does.
Old 19th June 2007, 00:34   #12
Team-BHP Support

White on Ozone blue.

Am no photoshopping expert,

But i hope this will help you decide.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 19th June 2007 at 00:38.
Old 19th June 2007, 00:59   #13
Senior - BHPian

Come to think of it, white is hot on darker colours of the cars, not on this light blue, you might be better off with the gun metal finish alloys which have a slightly darker shade.
Old 19th June 2007, 12:21   #14
Senior - BHPian

crazy driver,

thanks for that snap, perhaps could you add another snap of the 10 spoked white alloy onto this car? it does seemingly look good. but i agree with esteem lover, would ve looked even better on the dark blue. and yes ozone blue is the same car. and this is the one i m gonna buy.

if you can show me both gun metal and white on this car, crazy, i ll be indebted to you dude.

thanks!
Old 19th June 2007, 13:59   #15
BHPian

Man the car looks cool with White alloys but do you think on the Indian roads the alloys can remain such white... U know the dirt we have on streets.. Plus the Rainy season here.. Would u like to run on brown alloys .. Just kidding.. But seriously the white alloys looking awesome..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks