Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2008, 16:01   #106
Team-BHP Support

looks nice. you shudda got 14inchers.
Old 5th March 2008, 17:17   #107
Senior - BHPian

Well ! i dont know maybe the 14" will be a touch too much and the ride quality may not be as smooth as 13" on my ride(that is my opinion though) and moreover one never knows if the body has to be lifted again and hence decided not to take a chance.
Old 6th March 2008, 21:45   #108
Senior - BHPian

MAV dood awesome looking alloys.

1 question does it scrap with 5.5J alloys ?
Old 10th March 2008, 10:37   #109
Senior - BHPian

Nope Abhi ! I am not finding any scraping and the ride quality too is good.
Old 21st April 2010, 13:53   #110
Senior - BHPian

Fellow Petrol Heads,

I am reopening this thread as I want to make some suspension mods and planning to get either Koni Shocks or any other which might be suggested here. Maverick clocked slightly above 70K and kindly suggest the best suited ones.
Old 21st April 2010, 18:15   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
Fellow Petrol Heads,

I am reopening this thread as I want to make some suspension mods and planning to get either Koni Shocks or any other which might be suggested here. Maverick clocked slightly above 70K and kindly suggest the best suited ones.
Let me also know what you decide upon. even i'm in the market for a suspension upgrade...trying to source lowering springs right now.next step is to loose the rear seats and fill it with ice
Old 26th April 2010, 10:49   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Fellow Petrol Heads,

Even my alto vxi 1.1 clocked close to 71K , i feel the its time to change the front shocks , i am also interested in suspension mods.
Old 29th April 2010, 18:17   #113
BHPian

Hey, could you post a pic of your endcan and how it's fitted. from under the car if possible so i could see the route the pipe is following and the size of the endcan..
Old 29th April 2010, 19:29   #114
Senior - BHPian

OT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMonSter View Post
Hey, could you post a pic of your endcan and how it's fitted. from under the car if possible so i could see the route the pipe is following and the size of the endcan..
I highly recommend following the routing that the factory uses.
Old 5th May 2010, 10:12   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Fellow Petrol Heads,

VJ_MAVRICK , did you get any useful information on the suspension mods ?
Old 5th May 2010, 12:08   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
OT:

I highly recommend following the routing that the factory uses.
i intend to use the factory routing.. it's just that the factory exhaust is not designed or intended to have an endcan. i need to get one to loose the automech buzz i've been living with. hence i need to have a look at how it is mounted. i don't want the pipes flowing at weird angles that would be detrimental to performance.

cheers,
Old 17th May 2010, 14:57   #117
Senior - BHPian

@ranjith: I went ahead a replaced the front shockers with Gabriel shocks and the ride is pretty smooth now. Initially wanted to get Koni during the replacement but went ahead with regular Gabriel shocks as Koni is too expensive.

@lilmonster: I got the end can fitted when the entire FFE was installed.
Old 6th June 2010, 23:20   #118
BHPian

VJ - After the FFE, did you get to dyno the car, I am just curious about the power the 1.1 litre is transferring to the wheels.
Old 21st June 2010, 16:57   #119
Senior - BHPian

Sorry Mr_Bean for this rather late reply as I hardly log in nowadays anyways better late than never. I have not dyno'ed the car and will be planning to do as am thinking about RD's ECU sometime in future.
Old 17th July 2010, 19:15   #120

Hi all,
I am a newbie and I went through a lot of threads and spent a lot of time trying to figure out a nice tire and wheel for my alto1.1. after close to a couple of months of research, I decided on HRS 13x5.5J alloys and 165/60R13 GIIIs. I always drive alone and occasionally have one or two other seats occupied. Yesterday, I had to go on a short out of station trip with 4 other passengers which is when I noticed that the rear tires scrapes the wheel arch. It doesn't always happen. Happens only when I am travelling at around 70+ and the road happens to have a smooth short dip. I pulled over to check the clearance between the tires and the arch (with the passengers in of course) and found a very small gap... maybe around a couple of inches.

My questions now:
1. Stock 145/80R12 has an overall diameter of 536.70mm (21.13in). Upsized 165/60R13 has an overall diameter of 528.06mm (20.79in). That's an 8.64mm reduction in diameter, which implies an increase in distance between the tire's periphery and the wheel arches, thereby increasing clearance for the suspension to move. But in spite of this I do not understand why the upsized tire scrapes the wheel arch. What am I missing here?

2. What options do i have to get over this?

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks