Bridgestone Turanza ER60 14 15.91%
Yokohama Bluearth AE-51 34 38.64%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2022, 08:40   #1
BHPian

Right tyres for my 3rd-gen Honda City

Hello All.
I am planning to change all 4 tyres on my 3rd gen Honda City.
I had the OEM fitted Michelins which lasted about 40K kms. I then switched to Goodyears which have been quite disappointing.

I am not able to get the latest stock for Michelins and therefore it has been dropped.

I have shortlisted three tyres for the size 195/60/R15:

1) Continental UC6
2) Bridgestone Turanza ER 60
3) Yokohama Bluearth AE-51

Ride quality and comfort is my priority.
The prices of all the three are almost in the same range although the Bluearths are harder to come by, I have asked atleast three dealers in Mumbai and they all are pushing Earth-1 tyres.

Please vote on the poll.
Vedant Gupta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 09:11   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Right tyres for my 3rd-gen Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedant Gupta View Post

I have shortlisted three tyres for the size 195/60/R15:

1) Continental UC6
2) Bridgestone Turanza ER 60
3) Yokohama Bluearth AE-51

Ride quality and comfort is my priority

Please vote on the poll.
IF Ride quality and comfort is priority, consider Continental Comfort Contact 6( CC6)
sagarpadaki is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 09:29   #3
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Actually, I'm going to break the mold here. Because I am very satisfied with the MRF Perfinzas that I've put on my Dad's Toyota Glanza - 205/55/16. Soft, pliant, comfortable, silent and grippy. This is a worthy product. And I've put my money where my mouth is. Do consider.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd August 2022 at 16:48. Reason: Spacing, punctuation, typo
shankar.balan is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 15:07   #4
BHPian

Recently I shod my Terrano with Bridgestones and I am very well satisfied with the ride quality, braking bite and overall handling.
Voted for Bridgestones
Old 30th July 2022, 15:42   #5
BHPian

I got four Continental UC6 195/60/R15 tyres for my 3rd gen Honda City today.

Everything was done at Century tyres in Prabhadevi and I paid 26,000 for the whole thing.

The stance of the car has changed as it was earlier fit with 185/60/R15 Goodyear tyres. That extra ground clearance is good to have.

The ride definitely feels more comfortable and the car is more planted. I am expecting a slight loss in fuel efficiency although that is still to be tested.
Vedant Gupta is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 16:30   #6
BHPian

Yokohama is a good choice. You can get the authorised dealer address from Yokohama India site. Call them and enquire about the availability, they may also get them for you on request.

https://www.yokohama-india.com/store...kaAte2EALw_wcB
s.sriram1989@gm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 19:07   #7
BHPian

Quote:
3rd gen Honda City.
I had the OEM fitted Michelins which lasted about 40K kms. I then switched to Goodyears which have been quite disappointing.

I am not able to get the latest stock for Michelins and therefore it has been dropped.

I drive a 4th gen facelift Honda City I DTec on 195/60 R15 Perfinzas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Actually Im going to break the mould here. Because I am very satisfied with the MRF Perfinzas
And I second this.

I tried to get Michelins for a month but they were either too costly or in short supply.

Then MRF Perfinzas were brought to my notice. I was told they are as good as PSTs and having driven over 30k km in last 1 year, I am extremely impressed.

They offer extraordinary grip and have a great ride.
poised2drive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 19:48   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
I drive a 4th gen facelift Honda City I DTec on 195/60 R15 Perfinzas.

And I second this.

I tried to get Michelins for a month but they were either too costly or in short supply.

Then MRF Perfinzas were brought to my notice. I was told they are as good as PSTs and having driven over 30k km in last 1 year, I am extremely impressed.

They offer extraordinary grip and have a great ride.
3rd gen Honda City onwer here and agree with others here. My car has been running on perfinzas and these are absolute gems. Great ride, very quiet and yet has fantastic grip! Plus, no concerns if you ever need to replace a tyre because they are easily available.
scuderiamania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 21:44   #9
BHPian

We changed our Beat's tyres from Goodyear to Bridgestone. I don't remember the size and model, but from my experience, the tyres are excellent. Grip levels are exceptional, not exaggerating as Goodyears offered shoddy grip levels. I would highly recommend Bridgestone tyres from my experience.

Ride quality is also very good.
saikishor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 22:06   #10
BHPian

I had changed my 3rd gen city tyres to yoko bluearths about a year or so ago. Good tyres, road noise is slightly more than the michelins, but overall I am quite satisfied
pyrodrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 23:12   #11
BHPian

the Bridgestone Turanza's will give you the longest life. I used to change mine between 85 to 90K Kms. But my daily driving of 120 Kms includes 90 kms of highway driving.

Currently using the CC6 on my 2018 Vento Diesel. Not really satisfied with them.

I like the tread profile of the Yoko Blu Earths. Have a feeling should give better straight line stability. Heard good things about it too. They're probably my next change for trial which is about 2 months from now.

Goodyear, well, they're one of the highest rated tires in US and EU. But the local dealers say the Indian makes are actually poor quality (although its not visible from the make of the tire as such. quality of cut of tread patter and inner wall are all neatly finished, but they do definitely have a problem of rubber cracking which I can say by first hand experience because my Vento came with them. Rubber Cracked. first replacement again goodyear, again same problem.

If I were you, I'd definitely try the Yokohamas right now. They have that centre uncut straight tread which after reading many online forums is apparently important for good steering precision and straight line stability but this is something I can only confidently vouch for after having them tried them personally.
Racer911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 23:51   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
all are pushing Earth-1 tyres.
Stay away from Earth-1, they are noisy after few thousand miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
...MRF Perfinzas
Do consider.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
Recently I shod my Terrano with Bridgestones and I am very well satisfied with the ride quality, braking bite and overall handling.
Model / Series / pattern for a C-SUV and Sedan are not the same. Of course, it's based on your experience. But may not help the OP who has different class of vehicle.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 01:52   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Stay away from Earth-1, they are noisy after few thousand miles
my brother's running Yokohama Blu Earth - 1 on his Yaris. done about 35000 kms. still no sign of any significant road noise.
Racer911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 10:26   #14
BHPian

Last year I replaced the original Michelins with Continental UC6 (195/60/R15) for my Honda City and I feel they are better than Michelin.
Rajjay is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 11:47   #15
BHPian

Re: Right tyres for my 3rd-gen Honda City

Quote:
It seems the stock shortage issue for Michelins is still not resolved. Few days back I had visited a shop near my house to get wheel alignment balancing and tyre rotation done on my Ignis. Although it has only 10,100 kms on the odo with still a lot of tread left in the Stock Bridgestones I thought of getting a quote just for reference.

The guy recommended Michelin Energy XM2+ and Yokohama Earth 1 but sadly Michelins were out of stock even though he's an authorised Michelin dealer. He quoted 5,320/piece for the Yokos in stock size (175/65 R15).
yatesh.92 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks