Team-BHP - Michelin XM1 or Potenza for WagonR??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Michelin XM1 or Potenza for WagonR?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/25577-michelin-xm1-potenza-wagonr-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp (Post 482510)
There is a dealer at Tadbund, opp airport runway, and he is the dealer for michelin. Only 155/65 Michelin XM1 (not energy) is the best option for WagonR left right now for me. He quoted 2240 per tyre. Is it a good price?? Will find out by calling Ashoka Wheels about Yokos.

Right now I want fit the tubeless only with Stock Rims. Would upgrade in October when I get my incentive:).

Upgrade again in 3 months?:Shockked:

Yokos are good bet since anyways you dont have energy series availability that are supposed to give you a very silent ride. But, the only problem with yokos i heard is that they wear pretty fast, someone confirm this? anyways this should help you as you plan to upgrade in Oct again:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 482597)
Upgrade again in 3 months?:Shockked:

Yokos are good bet since anyways you dont have energy series availability that are supposed to give you a very silent ride. But, the only problem with yokos i heard is that they wear pretty fast, someone confirm this? anyways this should help you as you plan to upgrade in Oct again:D

Hi,
I am not upgrading the tyres in three months, but the stock steel rims to alloys:) with the same Michelin XM1's I am going to fit now.

I called Ashoka Wheels and there are no 155 and 165 sizes available in Yokos for WagonR.

BTW, I enquired at MInister road (solar shade i think) about 13 inch HR alloys and he quoted 18000 per 5 set. When I enquired at Wheels point at Tadbund, he quoted 13000 for the same 5-set alloys. Why is there so much difference??

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp (Post 482623)
BTW, I enquired at MInister road (solar shade i think) about 13 inch HR alloys and he quoted 18000 per 5 set. When I enquired at Wheels point at Tadbund, he quoted 13000 for the same 5-set alloys. Why is there so much difference??

Did you enquire on phone to get a ballpark or you enquired with the selected model number of HR alloys? Because pricing differs a lot depending on what finish you choose ( black, machine finish, chrome ( costliest) finish etc etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp (Post 481922)
I am wondering now if there is any other better option than Michelin XM1. What about Yokohoma, do I get them in Hyderabad?? Back to full circle.please:

What about turanza, suren181 has turanxa on his santro.
What do you guys say about turanza for revi's requirement?

P.S. I think HR alloys cost 13,000/- (again check with suren)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkr2k2 (Post 482639)
What about turanza, suren181 has turanxa on his santro.
What do you guys say about turanza for revi's requirement?

P.S. I think HR alloys cost 13,000/- (again check with suren)

Hey Raj,
There is no 155/65 is available in Turanza, only 155/70 which fits well to Santro. Think, I am settling for Michelin. Bridgestone Potenza 165/60 is available at Dhanlaxmi tires at afjalgunz, but I need to put Alloys for that size. No budjet now for alloys.:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 482628)
Did you enquire on phone to get a ballpark or you enquired with the selected model number of HR alloys? Because pricing differs a lot depending on what finish you choose ( black, machine finish, chrome ( costliest) finish etc etc.

I have seen three models for 13 inches in HR. The same models I have seen at Wheels in Tadbund. Based upon the finish the prices varied but not too much. The guy at minister road quoted outrightly 18000 and said it is fixed. When enquired at Wheels, he told me variation between 13000 to 14000 based on the coating. Will find more details when I go next time.

why are you so skeptical bout the michelin xm1's.they are very good tyres and offer exceptional vfm.i upgraded the tyres on my zen and nhc vtec to michelin xm1's and im very happy with the tyres.
a lot of bhpians are running on michelin xm1's and have nothing but praise for these tires.
you really dont have much option in 13".
all you have is potenzas which start with 175/60R13,turanzas 155/70r13,goodyears and yokohama a539.
the yokohamas arent available anymore.
so the best option you have is the xm1.

Hi Guys,
Replaced my stock 145/70 R13 tyres with Michelin XM1 155/65 R13. There is significant improvement in handling, only noticed in city. Yet to test in highways. I got Rs.1000 per tyre for my old MRF ZVTS. Overall I am very much satisfied.

@Hellspan: I do not have any doubut regarding the performance of Michelin Xm1s. I thought of upgrading to 165/60, which michelins do not have.

So, finally bought them and am very happy. the wheel balancing and alignment work is really good at Wheels at Tadbund.:)

Cogratulations! Have fun with the new tyres!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp (Post 483625)
Hi Guys,
Replaced my stock 145/70 R13 tyres with Michelin XM1 155/65 R13. There is significant improvement in handling, only noticed in city. Yet to test in highways. I got Rs.1000 per tyre for my old MRF ZVTS. Overall I am very much satisfied.

finally you got what you wanted, a good and comfy ride with improved handling. so when i am going to get a TD????

Also do check this one:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post484467

the alloys look cool, you check the model here:
Neo Wheels India

raj.

Congrats dude!
Nice to see that you got what you were looking for. Yes, I mean satisfaction.

congrats on your buy....you made a good purchase.

Congrats Ravi.
Enjoy your ride.

Hi All,

I own a WagonR Lxi, it has done 10800 kmts so far, running on stock tubed 145/70 R13 MRF ZVTs.Threads are still looking as good as new. I don’t want to change them only for looks, but if an upgrade can result in better ride and better handling (I feel MRF ZVTs tends to skid on wet roads even at 50-60 kmts/hr and obviously it is very noisy at higher speeds)

I have gone thru the forum and shortlisted the following
155/65 R13 Michelin or
Bridgestone Potenza G111 165/60 R13

My priorities are

1- Better Ride

2-Better Handling

3-FE (Right now getting 13.8-14.5 with 35-50% ac on in Bangalore traffic so I don’t mind if it comes down to 13 with the upgrade )

4-Looks

My driving will 70 % in city and rest on Highyways

So 'gurus' please advice whether to go for it or not. If so which one suits my requirements better?

Mod's Note: Search and use an existing thread to post your message rather than opening a new thread everytime for the same old issues. Threads merged.

Your priority no.1 says u need to get Michelin Xm1 155/65-13 It should cost u around Rs 2200 per tyre