Team-BHP - Michelin XM1 or Potenza for WagonR??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Michelin XM1 or Potenza for WagonR?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/25577-michelin-xm1-potenza-wagonr-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by manjubp (Post 583295)
OOps.. Even didn't get. I brought it today. I will get back to those guys.

regards,
-manju

Looks like most of our tyre dealers are not interested in giving us these tracksuits.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 584700)
Looks like most of our tyre dealers are not interested in giving us these tracksuits.

In Bangalore also, Unless you ask the dealer about any offer, They won't tell that track suit is free.

Also make sure that that its original Reebok, there is always a chance that dealer may give some fake/local.
Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 584700)

It is duty of the shop owners to tell the scheme on their own, i dont understand what will they do with left over Track suits.
Is is possible for you to share which dealer you bought your tyres from, may be we will be more careful dealing with such dealer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by itzzme (Post 584977)
It is duty of the shop owners to tell the scheme on their own, i dont understand what will they do with left over Track suits.
Is is possible for you to share which dealer you bought your tyres from, may be we will be more careful dealing with such dealer.

I brought these in Agra ( Bharat Wheels ) - So not much help.

But I am sure problem is lesser in Metro's.

As far as the question of '' what do the dealers do with this '' - well mrp of trksuit is 1800 Rs. I am sure they are able to manage something off. It can sell for half the price to a local clothes shop.

When I first asked for this - guy here gave me a bridgestone windcheater worth 150 rupees lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 586800)
When I first asked for this - guy here gave me a bridgestone windcheater worth 150 rupees lol:

That's cheating, You should contact the distributer or their customer support and complain about it.

Guys, this matter has been escalated to the company. Let's wait for a response from their side.

Guys,

Finally I bought Micheline XM1 155/65/R13 from Super Tyre Tec on J.C road for my Wagor.I had to pay 2175 per tyre and got 700 each for my old MRF ZVTs (Done 12000 Kmts so far).This was the best deal i could find in B'lore.All michelin dealers were quoting >= 2300

SAI Iyengar 2300 (Including necks) - 700 for my old tyre
Madu's Tyres 2375 (Including necks) - Didnt get the qoute for the old tyre
Millivsion 2340 -

I had to pay another 200 for the necks and 350 for alignment and balancing and 275 for Puncture Kit.Yes I got a nice track suite from reebok.

Thanks a lot for all T-Bhpain for your advice. Arkoy a special thanks to you for suggesting super tyre tech. Though he is not a dealer he has got me the best prices.

I'm very satisfied with tyre performance. It has improved the ride,it is silent and also improved the handling as well. Though i didnt take it to highways, i have tested it on the 1-1.5 kmts empty strech from HAL helicopter devision to basavanagar 3 times when it was drizzling.I could feel the difference when i was taking the curves at 50-60.Now i had to check the FE, next fill is due in a couple of days.

Got Michelin 155/65R13 XM1 (with free track suit) fitted on esteem rims for my zen on 24th evening & left for a trip to MANALI on 25th morning with wife & daughter.
Came back today morning after doing 1400km.
Never had such a confidence in handling zen in the hills.I travel to hills frequently & this was one of the most enjoyable drive.Shall be posting a detailed writeup on the trip soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by breezydrive (Post 610359)
Got Michelin 155/65R13 XM1 (with free track suit) fitted on esteem rims for my zen on 24th evening & left for a trip to MANALI on 25th morning with wife & daughter.
Came back today morning after doing 1400km.
Never had such a confidence in handling zen in the hills.I travel to hills frequently & this was one of the most enjoyable drive.Shall be posting a detailed writeup on the trip soon.

Congrats Neeraj..!
Good choice.

Yeah I find Michelin XM1's to be great. Have just completed my first 1000 kms on it.

FE before on S322 Santro Xing Stock tyres - 12 kpl ( average with AC )
After Michelin XM1 155/70 - 13.5 kpl ( average with AC )

A jump of 1.5 !! That is good !!

Varun
I guess your driving has improved:)

well congrats ravi on the new tyres man, and this thread also helped me clear a couple of doubts too, well there is one doubt left, are the michelin enery brand tyres better performers and better for FE factor than the ptenza g-IIIs ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 610547)
Yeah I find Michelin XM1's to be great. Have just completed my first 1000 kms on it.

FE before on S322 Santro Xing Stock tyres - 12 kpl ( average with AC )
After Michelin XM1 155/70 - 13.5 kpl ( average with AC )

A jump of 1.5 !! That is good !!

Is Michelin giving some fuel saving tips with purchase of tyreslol:
There could be improvement in FE since you have shifted from tube type tyre to tubeless tyre.
155/70 R13 XM1 is non- silica base tyre, it should not improve any FE.

Prajesh - Yeah I suppose so !!!

itzzme - Hmm .. I do not know any technical things about tyres - Only mentioning the FE Increase.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rider60 (Post 610631)
well congrats ravi on the new tyres man, and this thread also helped me clear a couple of doubts too, well there is one doubt left, are the michelin enery brand tyres better performers and better for FE factor than the ptenza g-IIIs ?

Hi Yash,
Thanks! Michelins are really good performers. Enjoying them a lot.
Absolutely, Michelins are better in FE than Potenza GIII. But, michelins cannot beat Potenza GIII in performance (in the lower segment tyres).