Team-BHP - Michelin XM1 or Potenza for WagonR??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Michelin XM1 or Potenza for WagonR?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/25577-michelin-xm1-potenza-wagonr-8.html)

After going through the forum again, I have decided on the following sizes

Potenza GIII - 165/60 R13, if not available then

Michelin/Yokohama 155/65 R13.

But as few people mentioned, Potenzas have road noise, so how bad is it ? Do I have to wear earplugs when I drive at high speeds or is the sound bearable/soothing ?

And how to identify genuine Plati or HR alloys from the fake, is there any engraving on the wheel ?

Shakensoul, why dont you consider "Turanza"??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shakensoul (Post 927291)
After going through the forum again, I have decided on the following sizes

Potenza GIII - 165/60 R13, if not available then

Michelin/Yokohama 155/65 R13.

But as few people mentioned, Potenzas have road noise, so how bad is it ? Do I have to wear earplugs when I drive at high speeds or is the sound bearable/soothing ?

And how to identify genuine Plati or HR alloys from the fake, is there any engraving on the wheel ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lohithrao (Post 927304)
Shakensoul, why dont you consider "Turanza"??

Is it available in 165/60 R13 ?

I have had several sets of Michelins along with other tyres. Michelins have never disappointed me.

Got a quote of Rs.2890 for the BS Potenza GIII from Tyre Plaza, Kailash Colony, other places doesn't have it in stock. Does anyone know of a better source for better prices :) ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shakensoul (Post 927291)

Your whole discussion is for a WagonR right ? I hope we are not talking about a luxury segment car here. Now coming to the road noise, you tell me which car under 7 lak has quality damping to save you from road noise ?

Riding comfort, proper road grip, highspeed driving, 0% road noise, great handling etc. none of them come for a price of anything less than 15 laks. Its not just the tires, but the body thickness, damping quality etc. many things contribute to the road noise in the cabin.

I have a wagonR running on Potenza, damped with dynamat Xtreme, if I blindfold you and make you sit in my passenger seat for 40 kms, you will mistake it for a corolla or skoda, I bet.cheers:

Well, I am okay with tyre noise, infact I like a little bit of tyre sound, it sounds like a heavy car is passing by. Whenever I'm driving, I can't stop myself from looking back to see which car is approaching when I hear a tyre rumble.

If you have a good ICE (amp and sub) and you really enjoy pumping music while you drive, I can gurantee, you wont even know if a Boeing 707 is approaching behind you ! The other day I was about to cross an unmanned railway line without seeing and hearing the Express train passing (blame my sub if I was not alive here to post it)!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shajufx (Post 930044)
If you have a good ICE (amp and sub) and you really enjoy pumping music while you drive, I can gurantee, you wont even know if a Boeing 707 is approaching behind you ! The other day I was about to cross an unmanned railway line without seeing and hearing the Express train passing (blame my sub if I was not alive here to post it)!

Dude, we cannot blame your Sub but we would have blamed yourself as u should atleast look left and right before even going near the railway track.

Enjoy music but use ur mind at the sametime at such a junction...

No offense dude and enjoy ur music & ride without any such hitches in future...

As per the subject concerned go with the Michelin...

If you're going to Tyre Plaza, meet Anoop uncle there & give him my reference, he'll take care of the whole thing. Also, then you can try & haggle but he won't budge much!

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 930081)
If you're going to Tyre Plaza, meet Anoop uncle there & give him my reference, he'll take care of the whole thing. Also, then you can try & haggle but he won't budge much!

Thanks.

Are you referring to Tyre Plaza in Kailash Colony or Lajpat Nagar 2 ?

Either, both are owned by the same person. Anoop uncle sits at the Lajpat Nagar outlet though.

Okay.

However, first I will enquire with BK Tyres if they can get the Potenza G3's as I plan to get the alloys from them at the same time and they offered a good buy back price for my stock tyres. If not, I'll have to buy the alloys from BK Tyres and G3's from Tyre Plaza.

Talk to Atul at BK & give him my reference, knowing him, if there is stock available of GIII's, he'll source it for you without any issues. He's very good at what he does.

Spoke with Jitesh from BK Tyres last weekend, the G3 were quoted for 2800 but were not available. He said he will try to source it from one of his distributor. Got a SMS today that the tyres are expected to arrive by next week :)