Team-BHP - Stones in tyre tread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Stones in tyre tread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/26030-stones-tyre-tread.html)

I saw there are some small stones in the tyre between threads. I removed some of them, but there are lot many minute particles which is very difficult to remove. Will this create any problem.

When do we swap tyres. I have done 17k kilometers, I am not sure whether it has been done in the service.

Get it to the tyre-wala he'll do it for you. Shouldn't be a problem. Will just create excessive noise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopinathann (Post 491630)
I saw there are some small stones in the tyre between threads. I removed some of them, but there are lot many minute particles which is very difficult to remove. Will this create any problem.

As Rohan said, take it to a tyre shop and have them removed. They generally are not harmful but may get wedged in very deep if you don't remove them at an early stage.

Quote:

When do we swap tyres. I have done 17k kilometers, I am not sure whether it has been done in the service.
If by swap you mean "rotate', you should go ahead and do it now (find out from the workshop if they did it already). Tyre rotation is recommended every 12K kms or so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopinathann (Post 491630)

U mean rotate...You should rotate ur tyres every 5000km....

Abhi

hey, this thread should be in the "Tyre & Alloy Wheel Section". Mods, do the needful.

Thanks for the comments. I could not find the exact section to place this thread, so ended up somewhere else. Thanks for putting it in the right place.

Apologies for bumping an old thread. I am facing a peculiar problem. I've completed 1000 kms with my Ciaz with appollo typres. I have a weird problem with my rear right tyre. There are always, i do mean ALWAYS, stones stuck in the tread. I have a small patch of untarred section near my house and no matter how many times i remove the stones, the right rear (and no other) tyre picks up stones in this section.

The tak-tak noise gets so bad that I can not drive with windows down. Is there a particular problem with that tyre? I've checked tyre pressure multiple times.

Also, will it cause damage to the tyre long term if I stop picking the stones out and ignore them?

Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abhiram (Post 3653095)
.. weird problem with my rear right tyre. There are always, i do mean ALWAYS, stones stuck in the tread.

Stones in the tread pattern should not be a problem. But regarding the specific tyre - have you tried to swap that tyre into another position & see what happens ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 3653108)
Stones in the tread pattern should not be a problem. But regarding the specific tyre - have you tried to swap that tyre into another position & see what happens ?

No, I haven't. That's an excellent idea! :) That should clear up if its the tyre being too "Attractive" or if there's a different issue.

Thanks a million.

Sorry for bumping this old thread. Came across this stone remover tool on amazon and started wondering if it's worth worrying about stones in tyre tread.

Just bumping this thread to check if it makes sense to take effort to manual remove these stones from the tyre?

It makes no sense with the extra 'works' imho.

Tyre life remains the same.