Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2017, 07:57   #46
BHPian

re: Mahindra Bolero : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Some two bits from me, having owned and enjoyed a Bolero Sportz (2WD) from 2005 and 2008.
I think, to satisfy your own desires for the most part, you should consider the harder compound tyres in HT Tread pattern, and in the 235/75/15 size, to get yourself some longer lasting value.

Dear Shankar Sir
Thank you for the explanation and recommendations.
I am still running on the stock Ceat and it is almost worn out.
Although I love the diesel grunt, road noise is something I would like to avoid.
Hence the confusion, believe it is better to stick to the HT tyres for my case.
Was eyeing the Bridgestone Dueller and Falken Wildpeak HT (both with good reviews),
Have to decide on on of these now.
I believe you had Falken HT on your Yeti if I am not mistaken and have been thro the thread, how is the performance. My tyre shop guy totally recommends it.
(I have extended fenders on the Bolero still the water from the front tyres reach the windshield)
Old 8th May 2017, 12:04   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Some two bits from me, having owned and enjoyed a Bolero Sportz (2WD) from 2005 and 2008.

The Standard tyre size is 215/75/15. More often than not, one gets Bridgestone Dueler HT with the Bolero, as with the Scorpio - and these tyres are really very tough, being made of a slightly harder compound that the Michelins and Pirellis and even Continentals and Falkens and these will go on for 50K kms plus across all types of terrain.

If one absolutely must upsize, then your choice of 235/75/15 (which is the standard tyre size for the Scorpio), is sensible because it is the maximum that one "should" go to.
While I agree to most of the points you have mentioned, two points from my side -

1. 235/75/15 is not the standard tyre size of the previous gen Scorpio. It is 235/70/R16. That is why it is difficult to find tyres in 235/75/15 size and they usually cost more than 235/70/R16.

2. I have used Bridgestone Dueler HT and Michelin LTX AT on the Thar and Bolero interchangibly and both have run close to 40K kilometers. The Michelins have seen much harsher terrains than the Bridgestone. Still the Michelins have worn much less. They do not look like 40 thousand run tyres.
Old 2nd June 2017, 10:52   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93000BHP View Post
Need some urgent advise folks.
Its time for tyre change on my bolero, and looking at going for 235/75 R15.
Confused betwen HT and AT.
Usage is mostly highways / city and some bad rural roads / estate roads. can say 80:20.
Should I go for AT or HT is sufficient?
Is there very big difference in ride quality and comfort between HT and AT?
For AT looking at Geolander and HT - Falken Wildpeak.
Have a long trip coming up and would like to change before that.

update:
Finally installed the Falken Wild Peak HT.
Went with the standard size.
Had tried 235 but to me it looked little awkward so decided to maintain present size of 215.
Costed 5800 /tyre. Alignment and balancing was done free.

Next 4 days the tyres covered 1800 kms. Good roads, bad roads, estate roads, NO roads.. it just took all the abuse.
Very happy with the performance so far. Definitely recommend it!
Old 20th February 2020, 14:12   #49
Senior - BHPian

Awaking a dormant thread - my friend has a Bolero and it is time for him to change the tires. He is keen on upsizing and has zeroed on 235/75 R15 Yokohama Geolanders, but is not really keen on getting a set of alloys.

A couple of shopowners told him that the stock Bolero steel rim can take 235/75 R15, but all the links I read on interweb points out that we need at least 7.5J rims to fit 235 section tires, so we are really confused about what to do.

Can the stock rims take 235 section tires? Help Please :-)

--Anoop
Old 5th May 2021, 23:38   #50
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Bolero : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Has anyone fitted a structured 16 inch steel wheel from the Safari Dicor on a Bolero?

Specifically, I'm talking about these ones below:

Name:  Screenshot from 20210505 233046.png
Views: 1581
Size:  205.6 KB

and not these ones below that came on the Storme and the Hexa.

Name:  Screenshot from 20210505 233145.png
Views: 1506
Size:  189.1 KB

Has anyone fitted them on the Bolero? AFAIK, the PCD is the same (5x160) but the rims are 16 inchers, and the centre bore might not be the same. I'm planning this for a build I have in mind. Thanks in advance...

Any pics would be welcome. I seem to remember an orange Marshal in snow with these rims on the forum but no Bolero.
Old 23rd December 2023, 19:07   #51
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Bolero : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by darxide View Post
** Finally got my alloy rims.. hope you guys like them
That is one beautiful looking Bolero. Do you still have it?

Most Viewed