Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2013, 14:06   #31
BHPian

New Shoes for my 2007 Wagon-R LXi

Friends,
I need to replace my current tyres on my 2007 Wagon-R LXi. I have done 70+ with my existing MRF 145/70 R13 tyres (I know that is too much).
I am thinking of replacing 4 tyres (tubeless) along with the rims.
I drive normally. No zipping or rash driving here. I will hand over the car to my wife next year and am dreaming of buying an URBAN SUV

Can you please help me with the below:
1. Reading all the posts here I think the best upsize is 155/65 R13. Since I am replacing the rims too do you recommend any other size (both tire and rim)?
2. Do you know of any good dealer in Pune who can give me a sweet deal (I can even think of alloys if the deal is irresistible.. credit card zindabad)?
3. My current research has zeroed on the Michelin Energy XM2 (size: 155/65R13). How are Bridgestones?
4. Again, I am more for smooth ride, comfort and economy. But want tires that can very safely (my wife is learning to drive) stop.

Thanks in advance. Cheers
shivasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 09:23   #32
BHPian

re: Maruti Suzuki WagonR : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

An Update. I checked with a few dealers on the price. For the benefit of others I am posting the details as per the best deal quote so far (Tyre Michelin XM2 155/65R13):
1. N Mehta (Kasarwadi)- 3200 per tyre. Includes WB, WA, valve(Indian made), Nitrogen. Weights will cost extra.
2. Darshan Tyres (Karve Road)- 3275 per tyre. Includes WB, WA, valve(Italian made), Nitrogen. Weights will cost extra.
3. Sai Enterprises (Hinjewadi)- 3325 per tyre. Includes WB, WA, Nitrogen. Valve of Rs175 per tyre extra as well as weights. He has A-Star steel wheels which he will give for Rs450 per piece.
4. Reliance Autozone- 3375 per tyre. Includes WB, WA, valve, Nitrogen.

All the above said that you will mostly not need to change the existing steel wheels. Please help with the below:
1. Is the upsize I have selected correct?
2. I wanted to change the steel wheels too. Will the current Wagon-R VXi wheel fit my 2007 car? They are 14" size.
3. Do you know anyone/dealer selling used alloys? I do not want to spend 13K for new sets.
Old 4th July 2013, 23:10   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post
A
1. Is the upsize I have selected correct?
2. I wanted to change the steel wheels too. Will the current Wagon-R VXi wheel fit my 2007 car? They are 14" size.
3. Do you know anyone/dealer selling used alloys? I do not want to spend 13K for new sets.
Anyone who can help here? Hello???
Old 8th July 2013, 22:05   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone who can help here? Hello???
hellow shivasi!
As per my knowledge, 14" rims do fit in the old wagonR.
And about the tyres, have u checked out the Yokohama Adrive? I am too looking to upgrade the shoes on my wagonR and after taking advises from a number of people, the michelins and yokohamas seem to be the most popular. One of my friend is currently running on bridgestones on his santro and he doesn't seem that happy with them. And also do u have any take on maxxis tyres, a few guys suggested me that too.
Ashkait Kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 23:00   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashkait Kapoor View Post
hellow shivasi!
As per my knowledge, 14" rims do fit in the old wagonR.
And about the tyres, have u checked out the Yokohama Adrive? I am too looking to upgrade the shoes on my wagonR and after taking advises from a number of people, the michelins and yokohamas seem to be the most popular. One of my friend is currently running on bridgestones on his santro and he doesn't seem that happy with them. And also do u have any take on maxxis tyres, a few guys suggested me that too.
Hey Ashkait,
Thanks for the advice. Over the last weekend I upgraded to Michelin XM2 155/65 R13. Dude believe me I feel in love with my car all over again. I actually felt a huge change in the ride quality and braking capability. I also checked the Yokos and Goodyears but I loved the tread on the Michelin. The only flip-side is the compound being soft, you might have to replace the tyres in 35-40K km. I will take that any day for the ride comfort and safety.

The tyres cost me approx Rs3350 per tyre (WA, WB, Nitrogen & valve). I got te tyre changed at Lokymanya Tyres in Karve Road (Pune). The dealer was excellent. He spend a lot of time explaining how to rotate the tyres, when to refill nitrogen. I am very satisfied with the service.

Let me know if you require any further details. Safe driving!
shivasi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 13:59   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Ashkait,
Thanks for the advice. Over the last weekend I upgraded to Michelin XM2 155/65 R13. Dude believe me I feel in love with my car all over again. I actually felt a huge change in the ride quality and braking capability. I also checked the Yokos and Goodyears but I loved the tread on the Michelin. The only flip-side is the compound being soft, you might have to replace the tyres in 35-40K km. I will take that any day for the ride comfort and safety.

The tyres cost me approx Rs3350 per tyre (WA, WB, Nitrogen & valve). I got te tyre changed at Lokymanya Tyres in Karve Road (Pune). The dealer was excellent. He spend a lot of time explaining how to rotate the tyres, when to refill nitrogen. I am very satisfied with the service.

I am running my Zen on Michelins XM1+ for about 2 years now and I can understand every word of your post. Plus they are so silent even at high speeds. Earlier my OEM JK tyres were so noisy, but I probably got used to it. After I took the plunge to Michelins, I could hear the air intake of my engine but no road noise! I believe speeds in the area of 70-80KMPH are the sweet spot of these tyres. The wet grip is very good too. Good tyres to have on most fronts as I don't mind changing them anytime after 35K when compared to what it offers.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 18:56   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I am running my Zen on Michelins XM1+ for about 2 years now and I can understand every word of your post. Plus they are so silent even at high speeds. Earlier my OEM JK tyres were so noisy, but I probably got used to it.
Hello again,
Guys do you have any information on maxxis tyres?
Old 9th July 2013, 23:31   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello again,
What size are we talking here?
Old 10th July 2013, 00:23   #39
Senior - BHPian

Recently got home a 2011 Zen Estilo K10 that was lying idle for sometime at wifey's place,it comes with 145/70/R13 tires,that thing is outright scary to drive,may be because my other ride is a Linea,what will be best possible upgrade to fix the handling to some extent?,will 175/70/R13 be a overkill?,i remember driving a i10 non kappa with this size,and it was comfortable.
Old 10th July 2013, 10:33   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Recently got home a 2011 Zen Estilo K10 that was lying idle for sometime at wifey's place,it comes with 145/70/R13 tires,that thing is outright scary to drive,may be because my other ride is a Linea,what will be best possible upgrade to fix the handling to some extent?,will 175/70/R13 be a overkill?,i remember driving a i10 non kappa with this size,and it was comfortable.
165/60 R13 is the perfect upgrade for Estilo. Potenza Glll and Falken
have the size. But difficult to source them here.
Old 10th July 2013, 16:14   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
What size are we talking here?
Since I've got alloys that are slightly on the wider side I'm thinking of 175/60 for 13".
Old 10th July 2013, 17:21   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Hello again,
Well no idea. But if I were you I would not think beyond Michelin. Read somewhere in the forum that they spend the maximum on R&D.
Well that R&D sure works on my tyres!!
Old 11th July 2013, 17:08   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Well no idea. But if I were you I would not think beyond Michelin. Read somewhere in the forum that they spend the maximum on R&D.
Well that R&D sure works on my tyres!!
Hey shivasi!
I went out yesterday to check out tyres. There was this shop having yokos, bridgestones, michelin and even the maxxis. The size I inquired for was 175/60, the yoko and bridestones had this size but the maxxis was only available in 175/50 and I think I'm not willing to go that low on profile. Then came the michelins which are available in 165/65. I asked the guy at the shop which tyres would be best and his reply "ek baar michelin laga ke dheho dubara yehi dhundo ge". Well after listening to how good the michelins are from you guys, I have no reason not to believe the guy at the shop! The 165/65 michelins are for 3650 a piece.
Old 11th July 2013, 22:14   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Hey shivasi!
Well after listening to how good the michelins are from you guys, I have no reason not to believe the guy at the shop! The 165/65 michelins are for 3650 a piece.
3650 is more then the mrp here in Pune. Here is wat I did. I went to just dial, searched for tyre dealers in Pune, sorted the list as per the rating. It turns out the best deals are given by the dealers who have the max rating. Maybe you can try the same.
Like I had mentioned earlier the best deal I was getting was for 3200 per tyre. But I chose the dealer suggested in this forum and was not led down. Maybe someone from your city can help you?
Old 12th July 2013, 00:21   #45
BHPian

Quote:
3650 is more then the mrp here in Pune.
I think you are confused here, the size I'm mentioning is 165/65 costing 3650 a piece and the one you got is 155/65 if I'm not mistaken. I checked out the cost on many sites online and the cost is similar. I even checked out the official michelin site and found only two authorized dealers here in Shillong and have inquired at both places. Both these dealers are coating 3650 so I believe that is the right price.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks