Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki WagonR : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki WagonR : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/26747-maruti-suzuki-wagonr-tyre-wheel-upgrade-thread.html)

I am getting a new set of alloys and tyres for my 2005 model WagonR Vxi.
I have shortlisted HR's HR 125 13" for alloys. But I wanted suggestions for tyres. Which one should I go for ? I wanted a bit wider tyres, slightly wider than normal WagonR Vxi's, just for the looks.

I am located at TVM, kerala . My driving, I think is a bit rough. I generally drive in the city but I do go for long drives (500-600KM) ones in 2/3 months. I like driving fast.

When I inquired here at a local dealer he said Michelin tyres are not good for kerala roads. Is that so ?

I am looking for something below 8k for four tyres.

Thanks ! :)

Hi,

If you wanted to go for tubeless, there are very limited options available in Wagon R size. I had upgraded my Wagon R - 2002 stock bridgestone, to Goodyear GPS2, tubeless. Its take a little extra efforts to fit them in on R13 Alloys (I think its 5.5, not sure). Its done 7000 Km after that. Some of them are long enough. Works great at high speed (120- 130). Little disspointed about the tyre noise but. It could have been more silent.
Got a set for less than 7K in Mumbai.

Michelin is also a nice option if avaliable in this size, though I have not used this in India.

Thanks,

The best option is michelins, and they provide you with good ride quality, and noiseless ride.

Michelin energy XM1 is available in 155/65- R13. You could try New Bharat tyres for the same. But, the costs would come to around 2.3k per tyre.

If you want wider tyres, go for 165/60- 13.

The only option you have, I think, as you want wider tyre than 155/65, is Bridgestone Potenza 165/60 R13, which suits very well to WagonR. It is a performance tyre, and the grip you will get is Amazing. Of course, the tyre life is a bit shorter than normal tyres.

In Michelins, you do not get 165/60 R13, you will get only 165/65 R13, which scratches your body, and plays foul with the suspesion.

Go for bridgestone Potenza GIII, 165/60 R13. Price Rs. 2750 per tyre. You will never regret if you buy these tyres.

i disagree that potenza g3 have short life. i had them for about 45-50k on my baleno

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 512997)
i disagree that potenza g3 have short life. i had them for about 45-50k on my baleno

Hi Akshay:),
Read my post carefully, I said "a bit shorter."
As the compund is on softer side than the normal S322 (which is all weather and durable hard compound), the tyre life tends to be shorter than the normal ones ( I menat, in comparision only).

Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 512997)

:Shockked:
what.......u mean 50k is short life. considering the indian road conditions we should have some mercy for the tyres......g3s are performance tyres so they are expected have shorter life than the S322s...

Thanks a lot guys. So I guess the option is Bridgestone Potenza GIII .

Pardon my ignorance but this mockup has correct specs of my tyres, right ?

Yup! Thats it. One point to note- 60 is actually 60% of 165. Ok?

Bridgestone Potenza GIII is a good choice, but wont fit your requirement of 8k for four tyres. ;)

Am sure you must be 'ok' with that expanded budget now. Welcome to team-bhp! :D

No probs actually I was expecting my "maruti service" bill to be more that 4k, but the guy said it'll be done under 1.5k. So no probs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iWonder (Post 514306)
No probs actually I was expecting my "maruti service" bill to be more that 4k, but the guy said it'll be done under 1.5k. So no probs.

That is cool! Last month when I enquired here in Hyderabad about the Potenza GIIIs, the dealer said not available throughout India. Check it once.

Thanks Guys ! :D

Finally I bought it, HR 125 alloys and Bridgestone Potenza GIII,
Cost : 14,400 + 11,600 = 26,000

1 Tyre cost 2,900/- :(

:Cheering:

I got this safety kit with the tyres :p

nice choice in rims and awesome tires....
congrats

Congrats..!! Nice choice.!

I guess u bought those tyres from New Bharath.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen
I guess u bought those tyres from New Bharath.

Yup. Many dealers actually told me not to buy from there, but I didn't find anything wrong.