Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2010, 21:18   #241
Senior - BHPian

You won't feel any change. Any change in tuning will be learned by the ECU gradually, so you won't notice it. If you want to see it, reset the ECU (disconnect from battery).
Old 3rd January 2010, 22:17   #242
BHPian

Primacy LC

I have just completed Tuticorin->Chennai->Tuticorin round trip covering 1,318 kms.
Replaced Front MXV8 (which had done only 25K, but worn out) with Primacy-LC at Chennai (OEM size 195/65 R15).

My experience with MXV8 was lousy. (noisy, quickly worn-out, punctures).

So far great experience with the new tyres, feels good!

Overall FE 11.8 kmpl. (bad, could not restrain myself on the four lanes ).

Last edited by manim : 3rd January 2010 at 22:20.
Old 3rd January 2010, 23:37   #243
Senior - BHPian

My last top up was about 40 litres (auto-cut at 38 L, but force-filled to 40 L) with around 8-10 litres reserved (the last tick and when the orange warning gauge came up).. FE is around 14.6 kmpl , that too, not considering the 2% error margin.. I am extremely happy with the reading.. didn't ever expected this kind of efficiency!

I went for a 250 kms trip in the new year with 6 persons (all adults - 4 at the rear) and when I got out to fill in petrol, the look of the car was not pretty and I was feeling sorry for the car as the suspension on the rear was really coming down, almost eating (hiding) up the top portion of the tyres.. But to my surprise, I didn't bottom out at any speed breakers... but I hit a big pathole in 90-100 kmph and that time, I hear one of the rear tyre touching the upper well wall.. and to my surprise, didn't see any wear/tear.. thank god!! After the trip, the pressure on all tyres were down to 25-26 psi and the effect can be easily felt in the ride quality and steering response/feedback..

Last edited by iTNerd : 3rd January 2010 at 23:52.
Old 11th January 2010, 23:17   #244
Senior - BHPian

iTNerd, on a pothole what you heard was you suspension bottoming out.

If you have stock size tyre, even with suspension full bottoming, your wheel will not touch the wheel well. There is enough space inside the wheel well which you don't see.
Old 25th January 2010, 20:36   #245
BHPian

Primacy LC

Have finished around 2K kms on my Primacy-LC (Front only, rear is MXV8) including lot of curves on the Ooty ghat roads.

Low-noise, great grip, as another BHPian put it, the word is Sublime!
On the highway at cruising speed from 80 to 130 kmph, the experience is new!
I am eagerly waiting to finish off my two other MXV8 so that I can go LC on all four!
Old 28th January 2010, 13:30   #246
Senior - BHPian

Confusion

My Civic-AT (Aug'06) has reached 33,000kms and tyres have worn out.

Front tyres have life of few hundred kms more and rear tyres looks ok for another 3-4k kms.

My spare tyre is still unused, whenever the rotation was done, Honda Service people did not use it. And I had just one or two punctures till now and that too when I had enough pressure to reach puncture repair shop.

By the way I have Bridgstone B250.

Now my dilemma is, seeing the reviews of fellow BHPians and speed-breakers near my home on Sohna Road, Gurgaon, I want to upgrade to 205/65/R15 but in that case, I will need to buy 5 tyres now.

Whereas if I take the OEM 195/65/R15 (Bridgstone B250), I just need to buy one tyre now and use it with spare at the front (Will the tyre unused for 3.5 years will have problem?). One of the front tyres will go in the boot as spare.

Later after a couple of months, I will need to buy 2 more tyres. So it makes a total of 3 tyre purchase.

If I buy 5 tyres of 205/65/R15, I can give my spare tyre in buy-back provided the seller take a 3.5 year old unused tyre.

Prices I have asked on phone:

Bridgstone B250 195/65/R15 - Rs.4,000/-
Bridgestone Turanza ER60 205/65/R15 - Rs.4,800/-
Michelin Primacy LC 205/65/R15 - Rs.5,400/-

Lot of confusion, I need your suggestion guys.
Old 10th February 2010, 19:57   #247
Senior - BHPian

My 2 cents

BS Turanza ER60 205 65 R15. I'm running them for the last 1500km. Great all round tyres.
Old 18th February 2010, 12:28   #248
Senior - BHPian

Manim / MukeshGoel,
To maintain the stability of the car, you should always put new set of tyres in the rear. It's a common mistake most people do.
New tyres in the rear prevents your tail swinging out of control (oversteering), which can be extremely dangerous during hard cornering / braking situations.
Old 18th February 2010, 12:42   #249
Senior - BHPian

I have got 2 new tyres in my Civic now. I bought one tyre and one spare unused tyre I have put in the front and as per the tyre shop, the rear 2 tyres have good tread left for 4-5k kms. He himself suggested that there is no need to replace them as of now.

I have put the new tyres in the front becasue, as I have mentioned in my earlier post couple of months ago, I was facing the problem of uneven tyre wearing in my car and because of that some sound was coming. Got shock absorbers and bearings tested and 2 different Honda ASCs confirmed that they are fine. So, I got the tyres inside outside and problem was 70-80% solved but not completely.

If I put the rear tyres in the front, the noise increases and moreover it is matter of 2 months after that I have to anyways replace the other 2 tyres also.
Old 20th February 2010, 20:25   #250
Senior - BHPian

Bridgestone 195/65 R15

I had been to the dealership yesterday to do a PDI of my Civic before getting it registered. I noticed that the car has come with Bridgestone as OE tyres. Would like to know the performance of the same from fellow BHPians who have had Bridgestone as factory fitment in their Civic. Should I replace them with Michelin or can I live with it ? I wouldnt be asking this question had the OE tyres been Good Year.

(I am still having my confusions on upsizing the tyres due to the warranty getting void.)
Old 25th February 2010, 19:44   #251
Senior - BHPian

Most OE tyres are very average.
If you are passionate / enthusiastic about your car it is a good idea to change the tyres at delivery itself, so that you get decent exchange value.
Old 27th February 2010, 10:08   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
Most OE tyres are very average.
If you are passionate / enthusiastic about your car it is a good idea to change the tyres at delivery itself, so that you get decent exchange value.
Well, which TBHP-ian would say he is not passionate about his car? The only thing am worried about is the warranty getting void on the suspension and the stiffer steering.
Old 2nd April 2010, 22:56   #253
Senior - BHPian

Time has come to change other 2 tyres also.

What is your suggestion guys? Should I get 2 more bridgestones or should I take something better?

I hope there is no disadvantage of having different brands in front and rear ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I have got 2 new tyres in my Civic now. I bought one tyre and one spare unused tyre I have put in the front and as per the tyre shop, the rear 2 tyres have good tread left for 4-5k kms. He himself suggested that there is no need to replace them as of now.

I have put the new tyres in the front becasue, as I have mentioned in my earlier post couple of months ago, I was facing the problem of uneven tyre wearing in my car and because of that some sound was coming. Got shock absorbers and bearings tested and 2 different Honda ASCs confirmed that they are fine. So, I got the tyres inside outside and problem was 70-80% solved but not completely.

If I put the rear tyres in the front, the noise increases and moreover it is matter of 2 months after that I have to anyways replace the other 2 tyres also.
Old 5th April 2010, 00:43   #254
Senior - BHPian

Not sure, but it would always be safer to use the same brand I guess. As our cars are designed for that. You can also do rotation etc.
Why would you worry about choosing a different brand?

BTW, is your uneven tyre wear problem solved? I too have uneven tyre wear in one of my rear wheels. Got the alignment and stuff fixed. If any civic owner in Bangalore has a new / relatively new stock tyre in good condition spare to sell cheap do PM me. This is more for my satisfaction. I want to be sure that the problem is fixed, before I put brand new tyres (conti CPC2 / Primacy LC) on all four corners.
Old 5th April 2010, 01:47   #255
Senior - BHPian

What tyres are available currently for 215/60/15?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks