Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2009, 14:25   #121
Senior - BHPian

205/60 R 15 would be a good choice & you get Yoko A.Drive's in that size.
Old 9th January 2009, 16:05   #122
Senior - BHPian

I think @Shuvd has recently upgraded to BFG Sport 205/60/15. You could PM him.
Old 9th January 2009, 16:18   #123
BANNED

i too am planning to upgrade my civic's goodyear tyres. i was checking out Yokohama website, and other than s drives and a drives, there is a new tyre by the name of A drive R1, seems to be great. is it available in India.
Old 9th January 2009, 17:21   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchits View Post
i too am planning to upgrade my civic's goodyear tyres. i was checking out Yokohama website, and other than s drives and a drives, there is a new tyre by the name of A drive R1, seems to be great. is it available in India.
I dont think the R1 is available in India. Atleast not in the few good/big dealers in Chennai.
Old 9th January 2009, 18:20   #125
BHPian

Thanks people.

Can someone tell me who is the official dealer in Kolhapur or Pune? I could not find a India specific Yokohama website.
Old 9th January 2009, 20:09   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitaparadh View Post
Thanks people.

Can someone tell me who is the official dealer in Kolhapur or Pune? I could not find a India specific Yokohama website.
There is no Yokohama India website. I still wonder why!!
Old 9th January 2009, 21:30   #127
Senior - BHPian

I recently got BFG g-Force Sport 205/60/15s. They are quite grippy but noisy. But, I'm NOT complaining!! Once again, a big THANK YOU to the friendly forum tirewalle bhhaiyaji!
Old 9th January 2009, 22:05   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

215/60R15 would be the perfect upsize for the Civic. Much better grip levels and no degrading on comfort levels.
Unfortunately there aren't many or any tyre makers that have this size. I have been hunting for the same for an Altis.
Old 10th January 2009, 00:41   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitaparadh View Post
Thanks people.

Dont know the name of the dealer but I have seen their store/workshop just off Karve Road. Take a left at the 1st signal on Karve Road when heading from Deccan Gym to Nal Stop.

50-100m after taking the turn you will find the dealer on your right. Cant miss the dealer. They have a large bill board with Yoko printed on it.

Cheers!

R2D2
Old 10th January 2009, 02:02   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
I dont think the R1 is available in India. Atleast not in the few good/big dealers in Chennai.
They're indeed available but only in a few sizes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
I recently got BFG g-Force Sport 205/60/15s. They are quite grippy but noisy. But, I'm NOT complaining!! Once again, a big THANK YOU to the friendly forum tirewalle bhhaiyaji!
You're welcome Bongali babu! But when did I recommend these to you? Must have been a while back!
Old 11th January 2009, 22:57   #131
BANNED

guys...need to know where can i get yokohama a-drive R1 in delhi/NCR and is it available in sizes for civic.
Old 11th January 2009, 23:24   #132
Senior - BHPian

Try BK Tyres.

PM'd you the contact no.
Old 12th January 2009, 12:28   #133
BHPian

Quote:
guys...need to know where can i get yokohama a-drive R1 in delhi/NCR and is it available in sizes for civic.
I think a-drive R1 are only available in 16" and above, please confirm with your local dealers.
Old 16th January 2009, 00:48   #134
BANNED

are yoko A.drive R1 more performance oriented than S-drives or lie between A drive and S drive. OEM tyres are goodyear but make lot of noise on bad roads and high speeds. i occasionaly do take high speed turns and drive at higher speeds. But, i do want sufficient comfort levels as well. I was going in for S drive but than i heard they do create noise. i would be upsisizing to 17" wheels which would make ride a bit harsh. So i want an all rounder tyre. Guys, I am very new to tyres, so please suggest the brand and size. i do not want to go for 225 width as it would really decrease the mileage. i dont want to go beyond 215.
Old 17th January 2009, 14:36   #135
Senior - BHPian

I have seen quite often in this forum a big NO to Good year Eagle NCT 5 which came with some stock Civics, including mine.

Though I am not technically good in tyre related matters, my impressions about NCT5 for the last 25K km in my civic was pretty good. I have driven on quite higher speeds, off roaded into real nasty roads and they held well. It seems the threads on it will last another 15k or so.

The road noise is not noticeable inside the cabin. Braking is good, still remains in acceptable band - no surprises. High speed runs (wherever it went in excess of 160kmph to 190kmph) it stays fine and grips the road.

I am an enthusiastic driver, but not reckless or unusually demanding.

Now I am quite curious to know why NCTs are a NO? or percieved to be bad.

Most Viewed