Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2014, 13:14   #61
BHPian

Re: Hankook/Kumho/Maxxis/Nankang...How good/bad are these??

I have now driven 20k on my Hankook Ultimo's without a single problem/puncture. The grip is phenomenal when compared to the useless MRF ZVTS' that came stock. There was no grip in the stock tyres whatsoever(so much for known brand names!). The Hankooks have served me well despite noise levels being on a slightly higher side. If i remember correctly i paid around 4.2k for each of the 5. Would definitely recommend them to whoever is a fence-sitter.
ash7678 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2014, 10:17   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Wanted to share my experience with the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo (K110)

Bought them for my Fiesta 1.6S, crappy tyres. It grips but there is awful amount of roll from these tyres, the stickiness of the tyres can never be used into a corner. Brakes well, but tramlines quite a bit. I would rate them 2/5!

The tyres are just 2K KMs old and I am already considering a swap

Stay away from these Hankooks!
Going through couple of user reviews of Hankook VENTUS V12 EVO K110 Tubeless, 205/55/R16 in " gearheads" site. Users are extremely happy about these tyres. With the same set of tyres, you were not at all happy & was considering a swapping as early as at 2k. Your tyre must be of different size. Is there any chance that 205/55/R16 tyres are better than yours. These tyres have been listed at a very competitive price of Rs 7,279/- a piece in " changemytyres.com".

Are you still on Hankooks? If swapped, please share your experience on improvements you found on new sets over Hankooks.
Old 27th April 2014, 10:28   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash7678 View Post
I have now driven 20k on my Hankook Ultimo's without a single problem/puncture. The grip is phenomenal when compared to the useless MRF ZVTS' that came stock. There was no grip in the stock tyres whatsoever(so much for known brand names!). The Hankooks have served me well despite noise levels being on a slightly higher side. If i remember correctly i paid around 4.2k for each of the 5. Would definitely recommend them to whoever is a fence-sitter.
You seem to be satisfied with Hankooks, albeit little more noise. Is it significantly noisier which may become a deal breaker ? The side walls of these tyres are hard & these kind of tyres are bound to produce little more noise.

Mods- Please merge these two posts.
Old 27th April 2014, 10:44   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
You seem to be satisfied with Hankooks, albeit little more noise. Is it significantly noisier which may become a deal breaker ? The side walls of these tyres are hard & these kind of tyres are bound to produce little more noise.

Mods- Please merge these two posts.
Not all Hankooks have hard sidewalls. Am running 205/55R15 Hankook Ventus on my Elantra and have suffered 2 sidewall bulges over 1.5 years. They grip well in wet and dry, and car grips even at 200 kmph speeds (NICE road short-distance test). However, sidewalls are certainly very soft. My conclusion after 6 years of usage of different tyres: most imported tyres have softwalls, irrespective of the brand being Indian/Korean/French or whatever. Once they say 'right for Indian conditions', it means sidewalls have been made stiffer!
carZest is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2014, 11:31   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carZest View Post
Not all Hankooks have hard sidewalls. Am running 205/55R15 Hankook Ventus on my Elantra and have suffered 2 sidewall bulges over 1.5 years. They grip well in wet and dry, and car grips even at 200 kmph speeds (NICE road short-distance test). However, sidewalls are certainly very soft. My conclusion after 6 years of usage of different tyres: most imported tyres have softwalls, irrespective of the brand being Indian/Korean/French or whatever. Once they say 'right for Indian conditions', it means sidewalls have been made stiffer!
Any idea about evo k 110? Had Elantra thos got Hankook Tyres as OE ? I am surprised that Elantra comes with 15" Tyres, while my lower segment Verna has 16" Tyres.
Old 27th April 2014, 15:23   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea about evo k 110? Had Elantra thos got Hankook Tyres as OE ? I am surprised that Elantra comes with 15" Tyres, while my lower segment Verna has 16" Tyres.
Not sure of the exact Hankook variety that I am running. All I know is they grip superbly, but as someone else said above they are not the best. Most importantly, they have soft sidewalls. I wouldn't be repeating them.

The Elantra came with MRF ZV2K tyres. They were very sturdy, but everything else was average.

With regards to 15", you are right that a segment above car has smaller tyres! However, do remember that I have a 2006 Elantra, and you might have a newer (fluidic?) verna. AFAIK, the older verna came with 14/15" tyres.

Do remember to check both the load bearing and speed values for whichever tyre you do choose. For example, the 2006 Elantra is a very heavy car, and can do good speeds. So anything less than 91 for the load bearing and V for the speed is not recommended.
carZest is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2014, 15:52   #67
Senior - BHPian

I am still using the Hankook, I haven't changed them yet. Doesn't mean that I am happy with the tires.

As CarZest mentioned, the grip is good but the soft sidewalls spoils the handling. The K110 don't like to be pushed at all. I like to take corners more aggressively and the sudden lateral movements through the corner makes the whole attempt more scary. These tyres were on my Fiesta S and now I have them on my Figo, nothing much has changed and I am waiting for their life to be over. I will not be getting the Hankook K110 again!

Quote:
please share your experience...
anachronix is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2014, 15:57   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Going through couple of user reviews of Hankook VENTUS V12 EVO K110 Tubeless, 205/55/R16 in " gearheads" site. Users are extremely happy about these tyres. With the same set of tyres, you were not at all happy & was considering a swapping as early as at 2k. Your tyre must be of different size. Is there any chance that 205/55/R16 tyres are better than yours. These tyres have been listed at a very competitive price of Rs 7,279/- a piece in " changemytyres.com".

Are you still on Hankooks? If swapped, please share your experience on improvements you found on new sets over Hankooks.
I agree with anachronix, the body roll is a lot. I was using Yoko Advan Sports on my Accord before I got these, and the difference in terms of roll is quite a bit. The ride with the Hankooks is much better though. Luckily for me I don't push the Accord much nowadays so I am enjoying the better ride it gives me.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2014, 19:21   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I was using Yoko Advan Sports on my Accord before I got these, and the difference in terms of roll is quite a bit. I am enjoying the better ride it gives me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
the grip is good but the soft sidewalls spoils the handling. The K110 don't like to be pushed at all. I will not be getting the Hankook K110 again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carZest View Post
Not all Hankooks have hard sidewalls. Am running 205/55R15 Hankook Ventus on my Elantra and have suffered 2 sidewall bulges over 1.5 years. However, sidewalls are certainly very soft.
Thank you so much for sharing your valuable experiences.These kind of unbiased views directly from the users, that too bhpians, make this forum so special.

Little - Based on your feedback, it seems for my car ( Verna Fludic ), it will not be wise to go for Hankook. I will stretch my budget further to buy a better set of tyres from changemytyres.com. Since my usage has now comedown, it may take 4 yrs before next tyre change. It is better to spend 10-12 k more on four tyres rather than keep grumbling about the tyres for 4 long years.

I am now on stock 195/55/R16 Bridgetone B-250 & have done 44k. These tyres have served me well, two punctures till date, no side wall bulging issues, acceptable noise level (the credit also goes to the insulation quality of the car) & satisfactory grip. I will be upgrading to 205/55/R16 . My requirements are least noise, good grip & harder sidewalls. I feel the harder the sidewalls, more noisier the tyres are. Which could be best choice among the below four-

1. Bridgetone Potenza GIII
2. Yoko- AVS- DB
3. Michellin- Primacy LC
4. Falken Azenis PT-722

Strange that changemytyres does not provide the two years unconditional warranty on Bridgetones, possibly because of unfavorable policy of Bridgetones. It at all I go for Bridgetones, I will have those from local dealers.

Any other better alternative coming to your mind?

Thanks
Old 8th July 2014, 08:19   #70
BANNED

looking for some more feedback on the Hankook V8 RS 205 55 15. some feedback on tyre noise, ride comfort and grip.

thanks.
Old 8th July 2014, 10:40   #71
BHPian

I am using Maxxis MA - 701, its a good tire (good grip), better than Goodyear and Apollo.

There is some tire noise but its bearable. I used Michelins earlier, they are the best tires available.
Old 4th December 2014, 10:39   #72
Senior - BHPian

Kumho and Hankook to supply tyres to BMW and Audi

Most people would stick to more reputed brands when choosing tyres for their vehicles. Rightly so, as tyres are the only contact points of a car to the road. Many would look down upon brands like Kumho and Hankook as they aren't as well renowned as some others. Well, times have changed. Two of the world's leading luxury car makers will now equip their vehicles with tyres belonging to these brands!

Kumho, a South Korean tyre company, will be supplying tyres to BMW. The entry level variants of the 3 Series and Touring models (not available in India) will now be equipped with Kumho ECSTA HM tyres shod with 16" wheels. The South Korean tyre maker aspires to supply more products from its line to different BMW models including the Mini brand.

Another South Korean tyre company - Hankook will be supplying tyres to Audi. The new TT and TTS will be shod with Hankook Ventus S1 evo2. These tyres will be produced at the company's plant in Hungary.

These tie-ups with German luxury car makers will significantly boost brand recognition of these South Korean tyre companies. Being a part of standard equipment of high selling models goes on to show that these lesser known tyre companies have products which pack some serious performance and must be taken seriously.

Source: Tyrepress & Motoring Research

Last edited by S2!!! : 4th December 2014 at 10:42.
S2!!! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2015, 11:47   #73
BANNED

I bought Thar in Nov 2014 and after 2500 kms of riding, i impulsively decided to buy MT tyres. The dealer - CHAWLA TYRE HOUSE (Karol Bagh) offered Hankook Dynapro MT @ 80000 for 5 tyres + deep dish alloy (Black).
I wanted to jump off the highest building right then, (80K for tyres!!!!!) but then he told me that he will be taking back old 2600 run tyres for 30k.

I am sure he made a huge profit from the sale but i was happy as i got the most badass tyres and wheels that i could have imagined.

Deep dish rims look amazing. Bloody amazing.
Old 5th September 2015, 22:20   #74
BHPian

Guys,
Sorry for reviving an old thread. I'm actually looking for a set of low profile 15" tyres for my beat.
I have taken out a set of 15" alloy wheels from my swift, which is sold.
I'm unable to find any tyre from the standard brands which can fit on the beat.
I found a profile 185/45 r15 from a brand called Nankang.
Now the question is where in delhi can I find them ? and are they any good ? and would they fit in the beat perfectly without scrapping anywhere ?
Old 5th September 2016, 13:39   #75
BHPian

Coming straight to the point on this thread - What would be a better bet between these two for my Toyota Etios (2014 GD Variant) ?
  1. Hankook Ventus V8RS 205/55 R15
    Hankook/Kumho/Maxxis/Nankang...How good/bad are these??-tyre-hankook-optimo.jpg
  2. Maxxis MA-Z1 205/55 R15
    Hankook/Kumho/Maxxis/Nankang...How good/bad are these??-tyre-maxxiscartyresforhondasdl28951754116e47d.jpg

My Concerns/ Criterias are :
  • Reliability/ Dependability on Highways w.r.t. Handling & Braking
  • Tougher Sidewall
  • Tyre Noise

Most Viewed