Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2008, 17:03   #46
BHPian

Can you also upload a snap if possible? My brother in law too is looking for new footwear for his Estilo that has done 9700 kms
Old 7th August 2008, 10:35   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Can you also upload a snap if possible? My brother in law too is looking for new footwear for his Estilo that has done 9700 kms
Sure bro,here are they!
Attached Thumbnails
New footwear for estilo.-07082008162.jpg  

New footwear for estilo.-07082008163.jpg  

New footwear for estilo.-07082008164.jpg  

Last edited by ultimatechamp : 7th August 2008 at 10:37.
Old 10th October 2008, 10:59   #48
BHPian

What about alloys? Did you finally get them?
Old 10th October 2008, 21:06   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
What about alloys? Did you finally get them?
No yaar,not yet.I have shortlisted one ( Plati PY 207 ) but am busy doing my ICE right now.Will do alloys and few other things in the days to come

I have already done the spoiler,sunvisors,tints,turn-indicators on side-mirrors (all body colored).Check them out on 'view my garage' mate.

PS: I got a nail in my left rear tyre for last 2 few months now,no problems at all.
Old 27th November 2010, 14:57   #50
Senior - BHPian

Tyre replacement for my Estilo:: Please help.

Team,

My stock tyres of the Zen Estilo are running out of width, I need to replace them, I am planning to replace (not upgrade) them. Currently it is running a tube type tyres Apollo Acelere tires.

I am not looking to upgrde them, nor to go for tubeless type, as I would be selling the car off in one and half years.

My running is predominantly in the highways, I do not use car for my daily office commute, I only use of for highway weekend get away.

Priorities for me are:
Good grip on the road.
Better fuel economy.
Good sturdy set of tyres, do not want the soft better handling ones.
Slighly less costing ones, as the car is not going to stay with me for a long time.

I will be replacing them in a week. I am thinking of going for Bridgestone or MRF, do let me know if the choice is correct.

Request you to please suggest some set of tyres. Though I have obtained quite knowledge of cars, I am a total zero in subject of Tyres.. thats why need your expert advise.

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th November 2010 at 16:10. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread. Thanks
Old 27th November 2010, 16:07   #51
Team-BHP Support

Pick the Acelere itself good VFM tyres, or you can look at MRF Zvts, both cheap and reliable for normal use.
Old 27th November 2010, 20:23   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Team,

My stock tyres of the Zen Estilo are running out of width, I need to replace them, I am planning to replace (not upgrade) them. Currently it is running a tube type tyres Apollo Acelere tires. I got confused with tyres of my friends Swift.
Guys,

Just realized on my trip that the stock tyres are actually JK tyres, not Apollo Acelere.

@jaggu, thanks for the suggestion.. as mentioned earlier, MRF is one of the options that I am considering seriously, unless someone justifies that Bridgestone is better.

I have one more question, do the people who replace the tyre also perform wheel alignment and balancing in parallel, when they change the tyres.

Last edited by xingamazon : 27th November 2010 at 20:24.
Old 28th November 2010, 12:19   #53
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
I am still waiting for more suggestion, I am planning to go for tyre window shopping this evening, please help me with more suggestions.
Old 28th November 2010, 13:10   #54
BHPian

Hmmm.... even I am looking for an upgrade/renewing my Estilo's footwear soon.
Waiting for suggestion for upgrade/oversizing and if it is advisable. Has anyone did that on Estilo? Will I have to have alloys for oversizing?
Old 28th November 2010, 15:16   #55
Senior - BHPian

Hi Nomad, how much KMs has your car run.
Also what are your plans for the replacement to your car, now that your car is almost 4 yrs old.

One reason I am not thinking of upgrade of tyres or wheel is that I am planning to replace the car in around 2 yrs, just wanted to know your plan.
Old 28th November 2010, 16:19   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Nomad, how much KMs has your car run.
Also what are your plans for the replacement to your car, now that your car is almost 4 yrs old.

One reason I am not thinking of upgrade of tyres or wheel is that I am planning to replace the car in around 2 yrs, just wanted to know your plan.
Approx. 37k+
Though it is almost 4 years old, only 6.5k were covered in 1.5years until it came in my hand (I was too busy with my RD trips and the car was in Nagpur with my parents)

I dont know, I got it for my dad and finally I ended up driving it. I used to hate it like anything (1. Not my kinda ride after RD350, 2. People around making sarcastic comments) However, as they say that one grows up with the kind of ride, I am happy with it for reasons (1. Practical, 2. FE among petrol, 3. Space for me being 6'1" 4. Comfy for long drives)

With such bag of mixed feelings I have not thought about selling/keeping thing.
Old 28th November 2010, 19:43   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Team,

My stock tyres of the Zen Estilo are running out of width, I need to replace them, I am planning to replace (not upgrade) them. Currently it is running a tube type tyres Apollo Acelere tires.

I am not looking to upgrde them, nor to go for tubeless type, as I would be selling the car off in one and half years.

My running is predominantly in the highways, I do not use car for my daily office commute, I only use of for highway weekend get away.

Priorities for me are:
Good grip on the road.
Better fuel economy.
Slighly less costing ones, as the car is not going to stay with me for a long time.

I will be replacing them in a week. I am thinking of going for Bridgestone or MRF, do let me know if the choice is correct.

Request you to please suggest some set of tyres. Though I have obtained quite knowledge of cars, I am a total zero in subject of Tyres.. thats why need your expert advise.
You can go for Apollo Amazer 3G tubeless. Better than the stock JK and not too soft either.

You can try MRF ZVTS. Very comfortable and rock solid durability but fails to please on almost all other aspects.
Old 28th November 2010, 20:40   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Team,

Priorities for me are:
Good grip on the road.
Better fuel economy.

Get Apollo Aceleres. Most all round Value for Money tires available.
Brigestone Turanza would be costlier than Apollos.
MRFs are really tough and they last really long but other than that there's nothing great about them.
Old 29th November 2010, 22:17   #59
Senior - BHPian

After lot of research and phone enquiry on prices, have shortlisted two options.

MRF tyres at Udhayam wheels in Camp roads and Bridgestone in Rao Tyres.

Mostly it will be MRF tyres anyone in tambaram area?
Old 30th November 2010, 08:09   #60
BHPian

Quote:
After lot of research and phone enquiry on prices, have shortlisted two options.

MRF tyres at Udhayam wheels in Camp roads and Bridgestone in Rao Tyres.

Mostly it will be MRF tyres anyone in tambaram area?
Yes, I installed MRF ZVTS for my 800 from Udhayam wheels. You need to fix a prior appointment.

Also, make sure they do everything in your presence.

Most Viewed