Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2007, 15:45   #1
BANNED

Cheap and decent gauge and pump-very happy with them

Went to JC road yesterday in search of an electric pump and tyre pressure gauge.

The electric ones looked cheap and as though they might [just might] last for 6 months or so. The gauges that they had were upto 150psi so when you are looking at the 28-32 range its not very accurate. I was looking for a "pin" type gauge which I finally found and will post the address if anyone is interested. I think a smilar type is available on e-bay too.

If I'm not mistaken these are reputed to be more accurate than the dial type of gauges?

Tried it out today with the foot pump[which I thought would be very difficult to use] and I found that both work extremely well.

Total spent 425/- and I don't have to wait in those long queues any longer :-)
Old 17th August 2007, 15:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

The best air pump i've come across here is the Slime which is marketed by Speedworks.
It costs around 1500 bucks which is VFM ,IMO.
Old 17th August 2007, 15:51   #3
BANNED

Is it an electric one? COuld not find a decently built electric one unfortunately and while I had come across this in a search I forgot when I actually went shopping :-(
Old 17th August 2007, 16:01   #4
Team-BHP Support

I have two of these small compressors. Very handy in a tight situation and surely a must have if you plan on long distance travel. I bought one for Rs.800 about 4 years ago. I'm sure they must be cheaper now. The second one was given to us. I too thought they were really cheap and wouldn't last, but 4 years on, and it still works fine.

I know it's saved me from getting my hands dirty on more than one occasion. It also allowed us to get back to civilisation once on a empty highway.
Old 17th August 2007, 16:15   #5
Senior - BHPian

@deepak , post a pic of the pump if possible and give the shop directions at JC road .will pick up one soon.
Old 17th August 2007, 16:52   #6
Senior - BHPian

I wanna buy one too----which one is the best, and how much does it cost?
I saw one for 900 bucks near Raj Bhavan Road, that has a plug that can be connected to the car lighter socket and the other end to the tyre.
It also has an emergency light in the kit. Only drawback was that the meter calibration was upto 210 psi, whereas we are interested in 20 to 40 range. So it may not be that accurate.
Any suggestions, guys?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks