Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2007, 18:09   #1
BHPian

Honda Civic tyre upgrade?

Hi Guys,

I have just bought a Honda civic and am upgrading the tyres. I am looking at Yokohama as the 1st option. I donot want to go beyond profile 205 tyres, Please advice guys.

Regrds,
Preet
Old 21st August 2007, 18:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

@ moodswings - please see this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...s-upgrade.html

congrats on your new ride. take care and drive safe
Old 21st August 2007, 18:28   #3
BHPian

the perfect upgrade is 205/55/16. the external diameter does not change much, so it will not be detrimental to your car. Personally, i feel the civic with momo WRS rims looks amazing []

moreover 205 is the width and not the profile.

Mod's Note: Use the edit button to add content after you have posted the message.
Old 21st August 2007, 20:25   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post
the perfect upgrade is 205/55/16. the external diameter does not change much, so it will not be detrimental to your car. Personally, i feel the civic with momo WRS rims looks amazing []

moreover 205 is the width and not the profile.

Mod's Note: Use the edit button to add content after you have posted the message.
he only wants to upgrade the tires. your telling him to upsize the rim.
Old 21st August 2007, 20:35   #5
Senior - BHPian

Another thread on the same topic?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...s-upgrade.html

Oops.. didn't see Planet_rocker's message.

suggest this thread be merged with the original one.
Old 21st August 2007, 23:30   #6
BHPian

I checked out quite a lot of tyres and loved the S- drive from Yokohama and will go for them......Now i am going to be looking for alloys.....fyi my civic is black in colour.....any suggestions will be greatly appreciated....Regards,preet
Old 21st August 2007, 23:44   #7
BHPian

Yoko Shops in delhi

HI guys,

does anyone now of dealers who sell Yoko's and specifically S-drives in New Delhi or NCR.....but am still looking for the correct Rims......Raghav are you sure a 17" upgrade would be good if we look beyond 20-30K KMs(Read your replies in other threads)
Old 22nd August 2007, 01:26   #8
Senior - BHPian

MS - I'm actually a little confused by your query (could be the beer too, so you never know!)

What 17" upgrade are you talking about? And yes, I'm sure we can find some dealers who'll sell you S-Drives, provided they are available in your size.
Old 22nd August 2007, 21:58   #9
BHPian

upgrade

Raghav,

I am talkin abt upgrading th civics shoes to 17"...is it a good idea...or do u think going uptill 16" is good enough which i think is better......ur opinions...
Old 23rd August 2007, 00:22   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswings View Post
Raghav,

I am talkin abt upgrading th civics shoes to 17"...is it a good idea...or do u think going uptill 16" is good enough which i think is better......ur opinions...
16" is a very decent upgrade as you get the "best of both worlds", an upsize and a fairly comfy ride. The only downside is that there are very few decent designs in 16"...ask me, I looked for months! If you're willing to sacrifice a bit of ride comfort, then only go in for 17". The car will look awesome, but ride quality is certainly affected. For me, it's an acceptable compromise. I get far better handling and braking and the car looks HOT.
Old 23rd August 2007, 00:34   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I have just bought a Honda civic and am upgrading the tyres. I am looking at Yokohama as the 1st option. I donot want to go beyond profile 205 tyres, Please advice guys.

Regrds,
Preet
Yokos are always good, some Michelins are nice. In the end it depends on what you're looking for ( performance vs comfort) and how much you're willing to shell out
Old 23rd August 2007, 04:05   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Raghav,

Well like Vikram said, 16" would be one hell of a nice compromise, if only there were more designs available. Nevertheless, have a look around, you might just find something interesting enough. As for 17", I've seen a couple of cars with 225/45 R17 & in that size the sidewall looks big enough to handle the abuse of our roads. But don't expect to get the same kind of ride comfort that you get in 15".

Is your running limited to the NCR area? Or do you also travel out of state frequently?
Old 25th August 2007, 15:12   #13
BHPian

travel

I travel a lot out of NCR mostly 90% to Ludhiana on the NH1 highway. Hill driving is involved too.
Old 30th September 2007, 21:36   #14
BANNED

guys..i need to know about some good dealers in gurgaon for alloy rims . i am getting a civic and need to get the wheels changed. how much do you think would i fetch for the stock alloys and tires.
Old 30th September 2007, 22:00   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I travel a lot out of NCR mostly 90% to Ludhiana on the NH1 highway. Hill driving is involved too.
It would be best to stick with 15" stock wheels..
You can get good set of tyres on your 15" rims.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed