Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2014, 23:25   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: RIM straightner Shops in Delhi

Need to get some welding done on an alloy wheel. About a 4 inch long piece (the edge next to sidewall) chipped off the alloy in my visit to chandigarh. A local puncture wala was telling me that welding would fix it and there was a shop in chd that did this but it would take a day. Since I had to return to delhi same day I couldn't spare the wheel.

Any leads on who can do this in delhi?

Last edited by manveet : 19th September 2014 at 23:27.
Old 20th September 2014, 06:57   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Need to get some welding done on an alloy wheel. About a 4 inch long piece (the edge next to sidewall) chipped off the alloy in my visit to chandigarh. A local puncture wala was telling me that welding would fix it and there was a shop in chd that did this but it would take a day. Since I had to return to delhi same day I couldn't spare the wheel.

Any leads on who can do this in delhi?
manveet,
This shop repairs wheels (although you'll have to check if they repair such extensive damage):

Singh Shoppe
D-584, Bipin Chandra Pal Marg, D Block, Chittaranjan Park, New Delhi - 110019.
+919811555994 (Amarjeet Singh; Owner)
Old 20th September 2014, 08:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatsomany View Post
manveet,
This shop repairs wheels (although you'll have to check if they repair such extensive damage):

Singh Shoppe
D-584, Bipin Chandra Pal Marg, D Block, Chittaranjan Park, New Delhi - 110019.
+919811555994 (Amarjeet Singh; Owner)
AFAIK they just sell tyres and do balancing and alignment. Maybe stock a basic range of alloys and accessories. Anything else is outsourced. Unless something has drastically changed in last 1 year.
Old 20th September 2014, 10:13   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
AFAIK they just sell tyres and do balancing and alignment. Maybe stock a basic range of alloys and accessories. Anything else is outsourced. Unless something has drastically changed in last 1 year.
It is outsourced, but whoever they used did a decent job.
Old 11th December 2015, 13:59   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemarauder View Post
Of late, I found the cause of wobbling - a bent alloy wheel. On searching, I found this thread and called Ajit Singh & Sons.

Here are the contact details:

Workshop:
O-135, Sector - 2, Bawana Industrial Area

Office:
Shop no. 235, Defence Colony Flyover Market
011- 24376803
My Skoda Yeti had a persistent wobble at very specific higwhay speeds, the car drove perfectly at all other speeds. Numerous balancings and alignments, and even a full suspension check up by Skoda failed to identify the issue.

Called up Ajit Singh and Sons and decided to drive to Bawana to get my rims checked. Extremely friendly and professional, really impressed by the fact that the owners themselves are extremely hands on, not worried about getting their clothes dirty

As it turns out 3 of the rims were bent (2 minor dents and one majorly out of round). Took 2-3 hours to fix, and the difference was immediately apparent. Totally reccomended and good VFM.

PS - if only one rim is damaged and you're not in a rush, you could drop it off at Defence Colony and collect it after 3 days.

And I just realized, your post is 7 years old :O shows these guys are in the business long term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitesh_kp2001 View Post
the shop name is Ajit Singh & Sons.. at Bhogal market, Jangpura.
only guy in the business for many years, has machines to straighten any rim even alloy wheels.
Old 11th December 2015, 14:19   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisag View Post
And I just realized, your post is 7 years old :O shows these guys are in the business long term.
Glad that it helped. I had been there twice in the past 8 years of owning my car.

They even repair axles and flywheels of the cars as they told me while we chatted there.

The guy was so helpfule that he drove along with me to show me a dhaba from where I could get the food packed and draw money from the ATM as we found 3 wheels bent on my second visit and it took 5-6 hours and I ran out of money.

I have 2 alloys of my Palio 1.6 bent, but do not have time to drive down to Bawana.

Do they still charge 500/- per wheel or have revised the price?

Will visit them soon.
Old 11th December 2015, 14:37   #22
BHPian

[/quote] Do they still charge 500/- per wheel or have revised the price? [/quote]

Inflation catches up I guess, rates have doubled, but I'd still rate them VFM
Old 11th December 2015, 15:06   #23
Senior - BHPian

I think repairing rims is taking things a bit too far. A bent rim can be repaired, and it may look fine visually, but you never know - the structure can be weakened and may break up when you need them most.
Old 11th December 2015, 15:17   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
I think repairing rims is taking things a bit too far. A bent rim can be repaired, and it may look fine visually, but you never know - the structure can be weakened and may break up when you need them most.
I personally would'nt repair a cracked rim, though the guys at Ajit Singh & Sons claim its perfectly alright to do so..

and they were infact repairing an AMG Alloy which had an inch long crack as well as an aftermarket alloy with a hairline fracture..

But getting an out of round rim back in shape is something I think is perfectly acceptable.
adisag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 11:52   #25
BHPian

I need new rims for my chevy spark. Where can I get it in Bangalore? I would like to find a place near Kammanahalli/Indiranagar/Hebbal rather than go to JC Road.
Thanks.
Old 3rd January 2016, 12:54   #26
BHPian

Re: Ajit Singh & Sons Engineering Works

Quote:

Workshop:

Office:
011- 24376803

UPDATED CONTACT DETAILS:

Workshop:
+919871534058

Office:
Shop no. 285, Defence Colony Flyover Market.
+911124376803

Admin Contact:
Chamkaur Singh
+919811209716

Notes:
  • Workshop is said to be open all 7 days (Starting 10:30 AM or so). Office has a weekly of on Sunday.
  • Typical procedure is to dismount the tyre from the rim and handover to them. If multiple rims need repairs, it is best to drive the car to their workshop and get the car back the same day.
  • Note that balancing must be done elsewhere.
bharatsomany is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 11:23   #27
BHPian

So I drove to their workshop in Bawana on 29/01/2017. The address is spot as on Google Maps. Please note they open at 10 AM and take lunch break from 1-2 PM so plan your trip accordingly.

As for pricing, they charged me ₹3,000 per wheel for 4* 17" alloy and ₹2,500 for one 16" alloy. It's a lot steeper than I had anticipated especially when it was only straightening and not for welding of any cracks. They also accept PayTM and ask for bill if you are eligible to claim rebate.
Old 23rd June 2017, 17:20   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Of late, I found the cause of wobbling - a bent alloy wheel. On searching, I found this thread and called Ajit Singh & Sons.

They have closed their shop in Bhogal. Their office is shifted to "Defence Colony Fly Over Market" while workshop is relocated to Bawana Industrial Area.

Here are the contact details:

Workshop:

Office:
011- 24376803
The correct Defence Colony landline number is 24326803. Just got a cracked and bent Vento alloy fixed for 2k.

Last edited by StarScream : 23rd June 2017 at 17:22.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 18:27   #29
BHPian

Found another expert for Alloy repair and straightening in Delhi :
Tyre Machines, NW212 Vishnu Gardens, Delhi
Phone : 9810012561
Anyone has used this service provider?
Old 5th July 2019, 15:24   #30
BANNED

Quote:

They have closed their shop in Bhogal. Their office is shifted to "Defence Colony Fly Over Market" while workshop is relocated to Bawana Industrial Area.
Ajit Singh and Sons at Bawana are one of the best for such issues.
I had faced a trouble when I was returning from Leh to Delhi and on Moore plains, my car almost flew in the air for almost couple of seconds and hit the ground with a bang which caused a bent in front tyres.
Saw this post and went straight to these guys. Honestly speaking they are very trustworthy and humble. They shared exact area and hardly took and hour to fix the issue.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th July 2019 at 15:27. Reason: Quote content trimmed

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks