Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2007, 01:01   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
What tyre pressures are you running?
30psi, but as claimed by tyre dealer after the tyre change, havent really checked since then , will do ASAP. What would be recommended given that tyre size has changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
Could be high tyre pressures (as noted by iraghava).

Also note that tubeless tyres will be lighter than stock tyres because there are no tubes, and your tubeless tyres are of lower diameter than stock. Secondly, brand new tyres will not attain maximum grip till they have run about 500 kms, so the steering could become a little tighter as you run in the tyres.
Thanks - will wait and see what happens after another 200-250km, also will see if things change with 28psi tyre pressure

If I'm not mistaken, I think my stock tyres were tubeless too, but reduced diameter would obviously reduce weight...
Old 22nd October 2007, 01:25   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Bong View Post
30psi, but as claimed by tyre dealer after the tyre change, havent really checked since then , will do ASAP. What would be recommended given that tyre size has changed?
I would recommend going down to 28 psi because of the increased area/volume of the bigger tyres. 30 psi IMO is a little too high.
Old 22nd October 2007, 08:07   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I would recommend going down to 28 psi because of the increased area/volume of the bigger tyres. 30 psi IMO is a little too high.
Thanks, will do the needful

Most Viewed