Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Rate Bridgestone Turanza [ b/w 1 and 10 --- 1--poor ---> 10 Best]
1-2 1 5.56%
3-4 0 0%
5-6 4 22.22%
7-8 10 55.56%
9-10 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2007, 13:46   #31
BHPian

2 days back i got my Siena fitted with Turanza 175/65/R14 tubeless, since this is my first experience with the Tubeless kind of tyre I find it very impressive have done about 200 kms since then, and I find the tyres to be more suitable to the roads where there are no roads its very comfy but the noise levels are high compare to my old tube type tyres I can't understand why.

One question for those expert in tubeless tyre how many times in a week u check the tyre pressure ?
Old 15th December 2007, 14:27   #32
BHPian

I have fitted Turanza ER60 175's on my esteem about 2 weeks back. Seem to have very good grip and tyre noise isnt too much. Ride is extremely smooth.
Old 15th December 2007, 15:38   #33
Senior - BHPian

How does Potenza compare with Turanza?
Old 15th December 2007, 15:54   #34
Senior - BHPian

Sankar
Which potenza? RE88 or GIII.
Old 15th December 2007, 15:58   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Sankar
Which potenza? RE88 or GIII.
Potenza GIII

my post is too short but not now....
Old 15th December 2007, 16:18   #36
Senior - BHPian

GIII is the best performance tyre provided by Bridgestone in India.
Turanza ER 60 has lesser road noise at high speeds and its stronger sidewall makes it good for the broken Indian roads.
Old 15th December 2007, 16:54   #37
BHPian

Have size 165/65/R13 Turanza ER60's fitted on Alloys in my Santro.

They have run for about 21,000 kms and seem to be as good as they were when new. The grip is still good and do not look anywhere near worn out yet. In the first week I did have a puncture, but since then none.

Am pretty happy with it's performance. Yes, and I have traveled long distances after they have been fitted (twice to Pune from Hyderabad, Twice to Chennai from Hyderabad and once to Kerala, Ooty etc.).

Last edited by suren181 : 15th December 2007 at 16:56.
Old 15th December 2007, 16:56   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I use Turanza GR80s on my Lumina SS here. These came highly recommended by various dealers. Overall the experience has been mixed but highly enjoyable. Noise levels are much lower than most other tyres, the tyres are rather comfortable despite the low profile, but come summer my grip levels have slipped a bit in the heat. Nothing too drastic - its now JUST right for the parking lot drift and the manic roundabout exit with your tail sticking out, if you know what you're doing. Hence the enjoyable part.

I will wait until winter to confirm whether the change in grip levels is caused by the heat, or whether the tyres have actually lost grip after a few months of usage.
Update. Its winter and I'm still sliding around. At my last service Chevrolet recommended that I change my tyres - and they're less than 6 or 7 months old! The tread is damaged and worn out and the sides are all chipped. I've been warned of tyreburst!

My Turanza experience looks set to end on a sour note, but perhaps it wasn't meant for cars that develop large amounts of rear wheel horsepower.

Last edited by Steeroid : 15th December 2007 at 16:58.
Old 15th December 2007, 17:15   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Turanza ER 60 has lesser road noise at high speeds and its stronger sidewall makes it good for the broken Indian roads.
Quote:
Update. Its winter and I'm still sliding around. At my last service Chevrolet recommended that I change my tyres - and they're less than 6 or 7 months old! The tread is damaged and worn out and the sides are all chipped. I've been warned of tyreburst!

My Turanza experience looks set to end on a sour note, but perhaps it wasn't meant for cars that develop large amounts of rear wheel horsepower.
I think i did the right thing in recommending Potenza over Turanza. I'm glad that he bought the Potenza. I have a very good opinion regarding Potenzas i had a very good experience while using them in my SS80.
Old 15th December 2007, 17:27   #40
BHPian

Quote:

Ooops, Two extremes of experiences. 6 to 7 months is too short a time to be changing your tyres even if they have been used in adverse climes. As Shankar mentioned I guess I'll stay away from the Turanza for my next tyre change.

In spite of the fact that I am very satisfied with the Turanzas I guess one has to understand that mine is a small car and generates less wear on the tyres since it lacks the capabilities to generate wheel spins et al. Moreover the climate doesn't vary as much as it does in other parts of the country and the world. However, I'd still think twice before I put my money on something that has failed elsewhere in the world. Michelin, it is, for me the next time round.

Last edited by suren181 : 15th December 2007 at 17:28. Reason: correction
Old 15th December 2007, 18:49   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Prajesh, though i like the handling & steering response of Michelin xm1 on my zen, but do you think that Turanzas would have been a better choice compared to Michelins!
IMO, Turanzas, due to stronger & larger sidewall would have provided a smoother ride in city than any other tyre.

Last edited by breezydrive : 15th December 2007 at 18:53.
Old 15th December 2007, 18:50   #42
Team-BHP Support

Suren, we can't generalise the turanzas. The ER-60 is a different tyre compared to the one which steer is having.

The turanzas are touring tyres whereas the Potenzas are performance tyres.

The ER-60 are india specific tyres with teh side wall protection and low wear rate.

Michelin's are inherently softer and have decent wear rate.

Both tyres have their pros and cons and it's not that one is better than the other.

I have the ER-60 on my lancer and they are not to my liking but am satisfied with their performance on bad roads.
Old 15th December 2007, 22:29   #43
Senior - BHPian

Totally agree with vid6639.
Old 15th December 2007, 22:55   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Suren, we can't generalise the turanzas. The ER-60 is a different tyre compared to the one which steer is having.
Agree. I was merely posting my experiences with the GR80, especially after I fishtailed before a police patrol today and had a spot of explaining to do.
Old 16th December 2007, 12:59   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Agree. I was merely posting my experiences with the GR80, especially after I fishtailed before a police patrol today and had a spot of explaining to do.
So what are you replacing them with & what sizes?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks