Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Rate Bridgestone Turanza [ b/w 1 and 10 --- 1--poor ---> 10 Best]
1-2 1 5.56%
3-4 0 0%
5-6 4 22.22%
7-8 10 55.56%
9-10 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2007, 11:03   #1
BHPian

Bridgestone Turanza

Hi friends

Yesterday I upgraded my santor with Bridgestone Turanza Tubeless Tyers 165/65/R13. One of my friends said that the Bridgestone Turanza are not so good tyers. He recommended my potenza. But i prefered Turanza becaues its indian make. But still, i Would like to hear from you guys about the quality of the tyre..
ARE Bridgestone Turanza good Tyres????

Last edited by kick.throttle : 10th October 2007 at 11:06.
Old 10th October 2007, 11:21   #2
rks
BANNED

I have also fitted Turanza ER-60 tyres for my Santro (1 lit model). These tyres are more than good enough for Santro. In fact even my previous S322 tubeless tyres provide good enough grip for Santro, except that they are more noisy than Turanza. I have done about 1000 kms with Turanza and my impression is good so far. One observation is that this tread pattern picks up less junk from the road than the S322, especially those annoying little stones.

What needs to be seen is

(1) How good these tyres are after the tread has worn, say, after 20000 kms -- do they retain good grip and braking (especially in monsoon) and handling (cornering)?

(2) Secondly, what would be the life of this tyre under high speed driving (130+ kmph) on the Expressway concrete?

(3) And of course, how resistant are these tyres to impact with potholes/stones on the bad roads in the monsoon season.

The S322s were OK on (3), but bad in (1) and (2). The wet grip/braking and handling became bad after 20000 kms, and the tread wore out after 24000 kms, but this may have been due to failing suspension and steering components in my car.

With the side-wall protectors in Turanza, I think (3) is not a major worry and the fuel economy seems OK (despite the presumably better grip that this tyre has due to its H-rating, as compared to S322). And the H-rating plus suspension/steering column work on my car should give Turanzas the edge in (1) and (2) as compared to my previous S322's.

Last edited by rks : 10th October 2007 at 11:27.
Old 10th October 2007, 11:31   #3
BHPian

Hi!
I have recently shod my Esteem with Bridgestone Turanzas. The tyres are extremely comfortable and noise levels have drastically reduced.
Even I have noticed less picking of junk by the tyres as mentioned by rks. Have done close to 4000 kms on them on all kinds of roads. They haven't let me down.
Enjoy the Turanzas!
Old 10th October 2007, 11:35   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
I have also fitted Turanza ER-60 tyres for my Santro (1 lit model). These tyres are more than good enough for Santro. In fact even my previous S322 tubeless tyres provide good enough grip for Santro, except that they are more noisy than Turanza. I have done about 1000 kms with Turanza and my impression is good so far. One observation is that this tread pattern picks up less junk from the road than the S322, especially those annoying little stones.

that was good review on the Bridgestone Turanza 165/65/R13.
Well what is the mileage that you are getting now. And how do less road noice help. If the Road noice is more.. what it reflcts??? what does that mean???
and what is the diffrence b/w Potanza and Turanza
Old 10th October 2007, 12:01   #5
rks
BANNED

@kick.throttle: I have fitted stock size (155/70 R13) Turanzas (and my previous comments applied to this size, not 165/65 as you mentioned). The mileage I get is about 11-11.5 km/lit in city and 12-13 km/lit on highway (depending on the speeds done). The mileage may have dropped slightly as compared to S322, but it is not noticeable and the car has also just been serviced, so I am not sure about the comparison.

Tyre noise does not affect performance. It may bother you if you wanted to relax by listening to music or the radio. The G3 Potenzas are also supposed to more noisy than Turanzas.

The G3 Potenzas are more oriented towards performance. They will give better grip, but they are not really needed for Santro, for which Turanza is more then good enough. G3 Potenza may give you slightly less mileage and may have a lower life than Turanza (being more oriented towards performance means that the rubber will be softer). So they may also be less resistant to bad roads than Turanza. And finally I think you will get only 175/60 R13 or 165/60 R13 tyres in G3. But the latter is not the correct upsize, you need 165/65.

Last edited by rks : 10th October 2007 at 12:04.
Old 10th October 2007, 12:27   #6
BHPian

My Matiz is running these Turanzas ER60 for past 1 year 6 months now...way back, while buying, infact the dealer (a friend of mine) told me that I was the first person to buy as they were recently launched then.

till date have done around 10-11K kms on them...here are my observations:
1) the threads looks new even today and the tyres have not lost the sheen (unlike s322 that start looking bad IMO very soon). no punctures, yet, touchwood!

2) they are little noisier than the S322 (@rks my observation inverts yours!). i have used s322s on 3 cars till now....and yes the s322s do long last (40-50K kms) under normal driving conditions as compared to GPS2. Too early to say anything abt the ER60s.

3) I have stock size on Matiz (145/70R13)..i find roadgrip and comfort same like S322. The GPS2 seems to provide more comfort and are definately less noisier.

4) The threads design attracts small stones to get trapped...i guess the distance between threads is marginally more as compared to s322/gps2.
Old 10th October 2007, 12:49   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
@kick.throttle: I have fitted stock size (155/70 R13) Turanzas (and my previous comments applied to this size, not 165/65 as you mentioned). The mileage I get is about 11-11.5 km/lit in city and 12-13 km/lit on highway (depending on the speeds done). The mileage may have dropped slightly as compared to S322, but it is not noticeable and the car has also just been serviced, so I am not sure about the comparison.

Tyre noise does not affect performance. It may bother you if you wanted to relax by listening to music or the radio. The G3 Potenzas are also supposed to more noisy than Turanzas.

The G3 Potenzas are more oriented towards performance. They will give better grip, but they are not really needed for Santro, for which Turanza is more then good enough. G3 Potenza may give you slightly less mileage and may have a lower life than Turanza (being more oriented towards performance means that the rubber will be softer). So they may also be less resistant to bad roads than Turanza. And finally I think you will get only 175/60 R13 or 165/60 R13 tyres in G3. But the latter is not the correct upsize, you need 165/65.

yes mane are 165/65. that sound correct size for my santro. not driven much on it.. [may be 25KM only as of now.] ...
wait for a long drive once i fix my suspensions.. met with an accident 2 weeks back. 2 alloys damaged and 3 stock tyres got screwed. thats y i upgraded to new 165/65. wil post the pics soon
Old 10th October 2007, 12:52   #8
Senior - BHPian

Have been using Turanzas om my OHC for sometime and am loving them!
Old 10th October 2007, 12:52   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakaaaaasss View Post
My Matiz is running these Turanzas ER60 for past 1 year 6 months now...way back, while buying, infact the dealer (a friend of mine) told me that I was the first person to buy as they were recently launched then.

till date have done around 10-11K kms on them...here are my observations:
1) the threads looks new even today and the tyres have not lost the sheen (unlike s322 that start looking bad IMO very soon). no punctures, yet, touchwood!

2) they are little noisier than the S322 (@rks my observation inverts yours!). i have used s322s on 3 cars till now....and yes the s322s do long last (40-50K kms) under normal driving conditions as compared to GPS2. Too early to say anything abt the ER60s.

3) I have stock size on Matiz (145/70R13)..i find roadgrip and comfort same like S322. The GPS2 seems to provide more comfort and are definately less noisier.

4) The threads design attracts small stones to get trapped...i guess the distance between threads is marginally more as compared to s322/gps2.

ER60 means what
is that you too got 165/65/R13.. dose this mean ER60???

I m new to this and hence dont know much about the readingof tyres and parameters. but... good things is that i m learning....
Old 10th October 2007, 12:57   #10
BHPian

I have fitted 185/70 Turanza on my esteem.

Grip is nice, noise is low, small stones are always stuck here and there and i get a FE of 15-16 km/l with tyre pressure of 30, and looks very nice and smart

When these will wear out i will surely go for the same thing again.
Old 10th October 2007, 13:01   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick.throttle View Post
ER60 means what
is that you too got 165/65/R13.. dose this mean ER60???

I m new to this and hence dont know much about the readingof tyres and parameters. but... good things is that i m learning....
ER60 is the Series name like others are EL42, ER30, ER300, etc

ER60
Old 10th October 2007, 14:07   #12
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakaaaaasss View Post

The greater width of the tread pattern seems to help in trapping fewer stones. The stones that are trapped are more easily removed. With S322, the stones were very tightly stuck in the grooves and were hard to remove.
Old 10th October 2007, 14:29   #13
Senior - BHPian

I use Turanza GR80s on my Lumina SS here. These came highly recommended by various dealers. Overall the experience has been mixed but highly enjoyable. Noise levels are much lower than most other tyres, the tyres are rather comfortable despite the low profile, but come summer my grip levels have slipped a bit in the heat. Nothing too drastic - its now JUST right for the parking lot drift and the manic roundabout exit with your tail sticking out, if you know what you're doing. Hence the enjoyable part.

I will wait until winter to confirm whether the change in grip levels is caused by the heat, or whether the tyres have actually lost grip after a few months of usage.
Old 10th October 2007, 15:28   #14
Senior - BHPian

I have been on ER60 for 10,000km on my indica and they have given me no problem at all, only thing is they are not a stiffer side so the ride in hard...other than that really good tyres.
Old 10th October 2007, 15:40   #15
Senior - BHPian

Is this thread specifically for the ER 60 or the whole Turanza series of tyres??
All the tyres in Turanza series dont perform the same. So how do we vote??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks