Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2010, 23:55   #166
BANNED

Last Sept I changed the stock 145/80/12 tyres from my Jan'07 Alto after covering 48000 kms and currently have 155/65/13 Goodyears
Old 6th February 2010, 01:00   #167
Senior - BHPian

Car - NHX ZX
Tyres - GoodYear GPS2
KMS - 27000 and looks like they will only last for 3000kms more!
Old 6th February 2010, 05:31   #168
BHPian

Car - WagonR VXI
Bridgestone OEM tyre - lasted for 54000kms before changed to Michelin tyre, mechanic in dealer shop told it can easily run another 10000kms, sold it for 250bucks old one
Old 6th February 2010, 09:34   #169
BHPian

Esteem - on MRF*( tube ) - 85,000kms
Replaced with

Goodyear GPS2* ( tubeless ) - 38,000kms & still going

Last edited by passion4cars : 6th February 2010 at 09:36.
Old 6th February 2010, 11:05   #170
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
Car - NHX ZX
Tyres - GoodYear GPS2
KMS - 27000 and looks like they will only last for 3000kms more!
Isn't that very low? Have you followed tyre rotation as advised by the service centre? Are all your tyres (5) due for a change?

Friends,

Please add the pattern and frequency of tyre rotation you follow when you give the life of the tyres. Will give an idea bout how far tyre rotation helps in prolonging tyre life.

In my case, I don't rotate my tyres. At 45000km+ my front tyres are due for a change (rather they were due for a change 5000kms back as per Honda service centre, they were correct too!), but my back tyres should last for quite a long long time unless something unexpected happens to them.

Due to a puncture where the tread meets the sidewall, the left rear one has a tube in it whereas the right rear one is tubeless. The stepney is as yet unused for except for taking the punctured tyre to the puncture repair shop.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1532330
Old 6th February 2010, 19:19   #171
Senior - BHPian

My Accent is almost 5 years old. Its done moe than 41000 kms on stock Bridgestones ( with tube ).

No one drives it these days except for 20 - 25 km's a day doing market chores as Mum & Sis drive it only.

I drive the diesel verna only.

My Question - Should I change it as it is 5 years now ? They still have a bit of 'tread' and I think they can last for another 10k km's easily.
Old 7th February 2010, 01:51   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
My Accent is almost 5 years old. Its done moe than 41000 kms on stock Bridgestones ( with tube ).

No one drives it these days except for 20 - 25 km's a day doing market chores as Mum & Sis drive it only.

I drive the diesel verna only.

My Question - Should I change it as it is 5 years now ? They still have a bit of 'tread' and I think they can last for another 10k km's easily.
If you can afford to change it and plan on keeping the car for another year or two, please change it now.

If oyur steel rims are in good condition, think abou 175/70 R13 XM1+. If you want to stick to tubetype, then go in for the Bridgestones or the MRFs.
Old 7th February 2010, 13:03   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Isn't that very low? Have you followed tyre rotation as advised by the service centre? Are all your tyres (5) due for a change?

Friends,

Please add the pattern and frequency of tyre rotation you follow when you give the life of the tyres. Will give an idea bout how far tyre rotation helps in prolonging tyre life.

In my case, I don't rotate my tyres. At 45000km+ my front tyres are due for a change (rather they were due for a change 5000kms back as per Honda service centre, they were correct too!), but my back tyres should last for quite a long long time unless something unexpected happens to them.

Due to a puncture where the tread meets the sidewall, the left rear one has a tube in it whereas the right rear one is tubeless. The stepney is as yet unused for except for taking the punctured tyre to the puncture repair shop.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1532330
Yup, it's pretty low and the service center did carry out tyre rotation but they said that my shockers needed to be replaced as they could be the cause for the excessive tyre wear.
Old 7th February 2010, 19:39   #174
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Yup, it's pretty low and the service center did carry out tyre rotation but they said that my shockers needed to be replaced as they could be the cause for the excessive tyre wear.
Are the roads that you frequent with this car that bad?

I think you should get free shock absorbers and free tyres either from your service centre and / or Honda.
Old 7th February 2010, 20:59   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Are the roads that you frequent with this car that bad?

I think you should get free shock absorbers and free tyres either from your service centre and / or Honda.
Nope, the roads are pretty smooth around where my car has to travel.

And yup I'll be getting the shock absorbers replaced under warranty from Honda. Maybe they were defective from the factory itself??
Old 8th February 2010, 12:00   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
If you can afford to change it and plan on keeping the car for another year or two, please change it now.

If oyur steel rims are in good condition, think abou 175/70 R13 XM1+. If you want to stick to tubetype, then go in for the Bridgestones or the MRFs.
Hey Nikhil, Thanks for the suggestion.

I am keeping the car for at least 3 years. Its in good condition and Accents do not have a very good resale value. It will sell for not more than 2.5 L at the most. And another 3 years I do not mind getting 1.5 L or so

What I might do is give the car for a denting / repair job in delhi as it has a few scratches and small dents which accrue over a period of 5 years, Will also get it thoroughly serviced at a good Hyundai dealership.

Will change tyres to the Michelin XM1+ as you recommended.

Will sell the car at 75k Odo reading if I have to that is.
Old 8th February 2010, 13:16   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Car: NHC Vtec bought in March 2006.

Tyres: 195/60 R14 Advan Neovas. Fitted at 41,000 km in Dec 08. Odo shows 60,300 kms now.

Tyres look very good. Will last easily another 10k.
Old 8th February 2010, 15:25   #178
Senior - BHPian

Hi folks ,

I used Appolo storm tyres on my gypsy for 70k kms, by the end they became very hard. Only did highway driving.

Next set was bridgestone H/T dueller 215 75 R 15, ran for 75k kms with highway and hardcore offroading. Performed very well till last.

Now using Yokos A/T 235 75 R 15 for past 10k kms, thoroughly happy with performance on road and offroad.
Old 8th February 2010, 20:01   #179
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Nope, the roads are pretty smooth around where my car has to travel.
That was what I wanted to hear.

Quote:
And yup I'll be getting the shock absorbers replaced under warranty from Honda. Maybe they were defective from the factory itself??
Quite possible. Good.
Old 16th March 2010, 17:15   #180
BHPian

Guys, am not sure if I am posting this in the right place .. but it's related to the tyres of my car though. On my way back from a long drive this weekend, I ran a flat and actually ran a couple of kms before I realised the drag. The rear left tyre of my Maruti 800 was dead. Though i pushed in the spare tyre, I noticed that the punctured tyre had torn off from the sides owing to the drive.
All current tyres on my car are stock, Apollo Amazer, the factory fitted ones.
My car has done 13500 Kms and all the tyres are of even tear. The designs are intact on them.

Question: Do I need to change all the four tyres? or .. do I change just the one that was ripped off and rotate the back tyres to the front and front to the back? ...

Please help me out with this dilema

Most Viewed