Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2007, 13:42   #31
BANNED

Does dealers support pre-delivery upgrade and how much it will cost ?
Old 5th November 2007, 18:51   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
Does dealers support pre-delivery upgrade and how much it will cost ?
Hi,

Yes you can upgrade wheels they will buy back the OE wheels..........

Regards,
PJ
Old 5th November 2007, 21:07   #33
Senior - BHPian

In terms of alloys it would be best to get stock 16" Laura wheels.
Tyre can be changed after taking delivery of the car.
Old 5th November 2007, 23:03   #34
BHPian

Guys , i 've decided for Michelin MXV8 205/55/16 with the Laura Elegance OE alloys . The Dunlop sport are going for Rs.3300/tyre .

I am getting Elegance alloys from a tyre dealer at a very good price . I am yet to see them but the dealer claims the alloys are in very good shape . Is there any way that i can find whether the alloys are not repaired ?

Thanks .

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkiran_2000 View Post
Hi all,

Like Beemer I have just confirmed by Corrida Red ambiente, it will be forked over on wednesday. I need advice (esp. from Beemer) on doing a pre-delviery upgrades of tyres to R16. BTW, why not go for R17 like the UK?
The reason i am not going for 17 wheels is purely cos of the ride quality .I give more importance to ride quality than handing cos of poor indian roads . If looks and handling is what you are looking for then you can try out 17 Laura wheels(the one on the vrs) Looks amazing but if you are planning to go for the aftermarket wheels please do check out the PCD ,offset ,width etc . I dont 've much info on tyre/wheels , the tyre gurus will help you out .
Old 6th November 2007, 11:01   #35
BHPian

Guys ,is there any way that i can identify whether the alloy wheel is repaired cos i 've heard that the tyre wallas repair the alloy in such a way that its difficult for a person to know about the same ??
Old 6th November 2007, 12:57   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
Guys ,is there any way that i can identify whether the alloy wheel is repaired cos i 've heard that the tyre wallas repair the alloy in such a way that its difficult for a person to know about the same ??
Very hard to tell/judge whether the alloy has been repaired or not , i'll say get the new rims (Contact skoda if you need elegance rims) it will cost you some more money but in return u'll get peace of mind or stick with your current rims & get MXV8 .
Old 6th November 2007, 13:41   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Very hard to tell/judge whether the alloy has been repaired or not , i'll say get the new rims (Contact skoda if you need elegance rims) it will cost you some more money but in return u'll get peace of mind or stick with your current rims & get MXV8 .
Got a quote from a Skoda dealer ,the exchange price that he has quoted is 35K . The rims cost 50k(set of 4)
Old 8th November 2007, 00:33   #38
BHPian

Got Michelin MXV8 205/55R16 and OE Elegance alloys fitted yesterday . Will post the pics soon . Thanks .
Old 8th November 2007, 08:51   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Got Michelin MXV8 205/55R16 and OE Elegance alloys fitted yesterday . Will post the pics soon . Thanks .
Would you mind how much you had to spend and split up of cost also. Did dealer took back the original 15" wheel
Old 8th November 2007, 12:04   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
Would you mind how much you had to spend and split up of cost also. Did dealer took back the original 15" wheel
I got it changed at a tyre dealer not at the Skoda dealership . Luckily i found the OE elegance 16 wheel(almost brand new) at a very good price .

Michelin MXV8 costed me Rs. 8300/each
OE Dunlop Sport went for Rs. 3300/each .

OE Elegance 16 alloys(set of 4) costed 14k
Dealer took back the 15 alloys for 8K (set of 4) .
Old 8th November 2007, 12:47   #41
Senior - BHPian

MXV8 are good tyres but Rs 8300 for one 16" tyre is just too much..
Old 8th November 2007, 14:13   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
MXV8 are good tyres but Rs 8300 for one 16" tyre is just too much..
This was the best price i could get . I had a word with 4-5 dealers including Mr. Anoop(reffered by iraghava) none of them quoted below Rs.8700 . The MRP of Energy MXV8 is Rs. 9999/tyre .

I went in for the official tyres cos of the warranty . The dealer has promised that even if the tyre cuts or bulge in the next 3 years ,he 'll replace it under warranty ... Generally these cuts etc are not covered under warranty . Having said all that , i agree its way too expensive ...

BTW,whats the price in the unofficial(grey market) ?
Old 8th November 2007, 14:46   #43
BHPian

Quote:
This was the best price i could get . I had a word with 4-5 dealers including Mr. Anoop(reffered by iraghava) none of them quoted below Rs.8700 . The MRP of Energy MXV8 is Rs. 9999/tyre .

I went in for the official tyres cos of the warranty . The dealer has promised that even if the tyre cuts or bulge in the next 3 years ,he 'll replace it under warranty ... Generally these cuts etc are not covered under warranty . Having said all that , i agree its way too expensive ...

BTW,whats the price in the unofficial(grey market) ?
Is it possbile for us to know where did you get such a deal from
As far as i know Michelin does not offer any such warranty...
Old 9th November 2007, 09:04   #44
BHPian

Quote:
I got it changed at a tyre dealer not at the Skoda dealership . Luckily i found the OE elegance 16 wheel(almost brand new) at a very good price .

Michelin MXV8 costed me Rs. 8300/each
OE Dunlop Sport went for Rs. 3300/each .

OE Elegance 16 alloys(set of 4) costed 14k
Dealer took back the 15 alloys for 8K (set of 4) .
Cool stuff, pity I couldnt find a anybody in Bangalore ready to do this switch.
Old 11th November 2007, 01:00   #45
BHPian

Bad experience.

Guys, i 've covered more than 300kms on Michelin Energy MXV8 .The tyres are CRAP , A piece of **** .

1) Road noise - The road noise is excessive ,much much much more than the OE Dunlop Sport . On rough roads, the noise is unbearable .

2) Ride comfort - Very poor compared to the OE Dunlop sport . the ride is bouncy and i can hear a strange sound from the suspension when the car goes over a pothole .

P.S. I dont know what deal the tyre dealer will give me but i am off to change these crappy tyres tomorrow . I paid Rs. 8300/each for these tyres .

Any suggestions ?

thanks .

Most Viewed